You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Oneplus Phones

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Yeah I have the One Plus 3T since it's launch date. Great phone. Battery would last a full day from 7am to 11pm and that includes being hooked up to a Smart Watch all day and Bluetooth headphones for about an hour a day on top of that. I'd use the phone quite a bit during the day as well as that

The picture on the screen, speed of use, 64gb memory coming as standard etc make it a far better phone than most out there at a much lower price.

Couldn't recommend it enough
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by cullenswood cullenswood wrote:

The HTC U11 can be gotten for €500 new and unlocked.    Would that not be a better phone than the OnePlus?
I haven't seen it for 500, but thanks for the tip, I'll look some more. I'm a little bit reluctant to buy it from anywhere that doesn't have excellent customer service and returns.
Though I loved my HTC M8 it did have to go back a couple of times the first few months due to hardware problems.

I'm very tempted by the OnePlus going on the rave reviews here and it seems to be a pure Android. I found the extra software on my HTC a little annoying and then there was Vodafone trying to get in also. 
If I buy direct from OnePlus I'll bypass all that.
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 3:08am
I have a One plus 3T. I ditched an iPhone 6 for it. No comparison plus battery is very good.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 2:59am
Thinking about getting a One plus again used to have an earlier version think it was the Oneplus X and best phone I ever had. Lost it in a taxi in Moldova Cry has anyone bought the 5 or 5T I'll go for one of these any advice ? Smile
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 6:46am
Havent upgraded from the 3 as its working just a perfectly as it was from when I removed it from the packaging. None of this interfering with its performance like some fruity maufacturers.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 9:23am
In the market for a new phone as well.
One plus are only selling the 5T on their site now.
The 6 is gonna be out in the new 3 months or so. probably as well to wait for that if you're not in a hurry to buy,see what it's like.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

The 6 is gonna be out in the new 3 months or so. probably as well to wait for that if you're not in a hurry to buy,see what it's like.

You're giving up on your Moto G Play? I reckon I'll get another year out of mine.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:06am
I have been recommended the 'Wiley Fox Swift 2', anybody here use one?
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:09am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

You're giving up on your Moto G Play? I reckon I'll get another year out of mine.

I have had several phones since then, must have a hole in my pocket
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:33am

Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

I have had several phones since then, must have a hole in my pocket

That must be it alright  LOLLOLLOL
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2018 at 11:44am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I have been recommended the 'Wiley Fox Swift 2', anybody here use one?

A decent budget phone brand but think that model close to €200 now.
Moto G5S Plus is similar money and should be superior in all departments.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 8:34pm
BUMP

4 years on and still have the OnePlus 3. Still working perfectly, battery still excellent etc. Just have the urge to change Now and have been looking at the ‘Nord’ for €409. Anyone have one or a fresher OnePlus model? 

Also, anyone know of less well know up and coming brands in the same way as One Plus were years back? 
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:00pm
Four years later onto my 5th iPhone. Two of them went by themselves and one of them had a fall. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:11pm
Having my best experience with an iPhone at the moment, 2 and a bit years on and no sign of it slowing down. Making it water resistant has made it much more durable
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Having my best experience with an iPhone at the moment, 2 and a bit years on and no sign of it slowing down. Making it water resistant has made it much more durable
Are you sticking it somewhere LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 10:24pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

BUMP

4 years on and still have the OnePlus 3. Still working perfectly, battery still excellent etc. Just have the urge to change Now and have been looking at the ‘Nord’ for €409. Anyone have one or a fresher OnePlus model? 

Also, anyone know of less well know up and coming brands in the same way as One Plus were years back? 

One Plus are supposed to be very good alright.  Not a small brand but got the samsung s10e a few months back.  Battery could be better but decent although I have it on the medium power saving mode.
Pretty happy with it.  Was very tempted to get an iphone this year as I've never had one but the lower specs for much more money made it just not worth it.

The Google Pixel is good for camera quality.  Supposed to be the best.  Huawei are Chinese spies so would be reluctant to go for their phones.

TBH I'd stick with One Plus
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:24pm
My days of spending silly money on a phone are over. Around the €400 mark is as much as Id go and even then only because I know ill hang onto it for a few years. Young lad got a Samsung A50 for xmas and its decent spec for the money. I just dont like Samsung for some reason...

Will likely go for the OnePlus Nord but having a look at https://www.xiaomi.ie/smart-phones/ also. Anyone have one?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2020 at 11:34pm
i got my phone for free with Tesco Mobile at 40 a month for 2 yrs.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic