You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Official Euro 2016 song - Is there one?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 9:57am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Will be played live at the Aviva on Friday.
They waited until a lot of tickets were sold to announce this, a wise move.

my cue for the bar
Sponsored Links

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:02am
https://soundcloud.com/ilfranco91/its-time-irish-football-symphony-euro-2016-edition

you want commentary over music, this is what you're after! Wink

Edited by Bo Jackson - 24 May 2016 at 10:03am
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
sheasy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ParkLife ParkLife wrote:

I really like it.

I think some people are forgetting it's a soccer song, which are usually awful sh*te.

The Intro, commentary and Billo at the end are all good.

And come on, it's not like we'd be chanting/singing it during the Euros anyway.
How many times was the Rocky road to Poland sang in 2012??

We absolutely would be singing it during the Euros though if it was good enough. People talking about there being too many words in the chorus but the main problem with Rocky Road to Poland was that there was too many words and it was just a pretty rubbish song, just ended up with people joining in at the 'You'll never beat the Irish' part.

Just listened to The Irish Roar for the first time and actually think it's a decent effort. Really like the Oro se element to it. The chorus itself would stick in your head after hearing it a few times. Definitely far better than 4 years ago for me. Great tribute to Bill at the end Clap

Edited by sheasy - 24 May 2016 at 10:05am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 10:56am
Poor effort in my opinion.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 11:12am
I like it, a lot. 

Could we get the fans to chant Oro se do bheatha bhaile during the Euros? 

As the younger generation will have heard it in Euro2016 song, I still find it extraordinary and depressing at the same time that we don't chant those 5 words particularly in this year of all years yet a group still continue to take songs away from Celtic Park.

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2016 at 12:57pm
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

It's not too bad as these type of songs go but there does seem to be far too many words crammed in, hard to catch what they're saying at times. All in all its ok, there's been a lot worse

The production of it is not great either, sounds like it was mixed by a couple of 16 year olds in their bedroom, that's one of the reasons you're struggling to understand the lyrics. It really needs some Swedish Eurovision type production Smile
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 1:27pm
It's grown on me a bit. The production is cat, but the verses are pretty decent. The chorus/title/hook are still embarrassing. "The Irish Roar" is self-reverential and totally humorless. No wonder John Delaney likes it.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 2:17pm
I've grown to like it. It's an upgrade from "Rocky Road" and nowhere as bad as "Watch Your House" LOL

With better production behind the scenes it could sound a lot better. That and they're releasing it late enough, wonder is that why yer man rushes through the verses!
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 2:26pm
Thai Tims have a gas number on their facebook page.
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:42pm
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:47pm
great lyrics, this could work from the crowd, easy to learn.
Shhickey View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shhickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 7:59pm
That absolutely blows my mind. Fair play to the lads. Would be incredible to get something along those lines going.

Original source below. Give them a like there

https://www.facebook.com/ThaiTims
seaninmor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaninmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:03pm
Great work from the Thai Tims as usual. Fair play.
seaninmor View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaninmor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by sheasy sheasy wrote:

We absolutely would be singing it during the Euros though if it was good enough. 

It takes quite a lot for an official song to be simple enough, catchy enough, and good enough for the fans to sing it. Genuine question this, but have there been many official team songs that the fans have sung? I think the English fans sung that 'three lions' number didn't they? Pains me to admit it, but that was a good song. 
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2016 at 11:34pm
Thai Tims version is superb
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 1:05am
Their Rocky Road to Poland is class too
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
tobymcclure View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tobymcclure Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 1:11am
Class one from the Thai Tims  Clap
Row F, bird with the viking hat- check out the size of her b**bs            
Shhickey View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shhickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2016 at 8:21am
Probably unrealistic to turn the whole thing in to a chant but would be great to adopt some of that. Even just

Martin O'Neill leads the team he's our hero
And the man from Cork city Is Roy keano
Sweden Belgium Italy prepare for sorrow
Cos you'll never beat the Irish at the euro(s)

Could then segway into a rousing rendition of you'll never beat the Irish.

Anybody?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic