You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Number of Irish inside the grounds for the Euros.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number of Irish inside the grounds for the Euros.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number of Irish inside the grounds for the Euros.
    Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:14pm
A lot of debate has been had on the number of Irish going. The Irish Times say interest is 1/3 higher from Poland 4 years ago.
Surely we'll have in the region of 40,000 inside the ground in Paris and the somewhat smaller in the other two games. Anyone care to guess the numbers we'll have?

From a personal point of view, there's 16 people quite close to me who are going this time that didn't go to Poland. I'd imagine I'm not the only one knowing people going who didn't go four years ago
Sponsored Links

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 5:32pm
France is so easy to get to that people will go if tickets are available.

I would say 40k at the first game is a decent shout.

Saint-Denis (80,000 seats)

Lille (50,000 seats)
Bordeaux (Matmut Atlantique – 42,000 seats)

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:11pm
Sweden - 40,000

Belgium 25,000

Italy - 30,000

Edited by GreenDodger93 - 20 Apr 2016 at 9:11pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:19pm
Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

Now i could be wrong who knows .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

I agree.
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

A lot of debate has been had on the number of Irish going. The Irish Times say interest is 1/3 higher from Poland 4 years ago.
Surely we'll have in the region of 40,000 inside the ground in Paris and the somewhat smaller in the other two games. Anyone care to guess the numbers we'll have?

From a personal point of view, there's 16 people quite close to me who are going this time that didn't go to Poland. I'd imagine I'm not the only one knowing people going who didn't go four years ago

I have to say i LOLLOLLOL
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by Scamper Scamper wrote:

Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

I have to say i LOLLOLLOL

What?
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 10:55pm
well funnily there is less lads I know travelling than travel led to Poland.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:03pm
Have had a good amount of people who know i travel away to games approach me asking if it is possible to get them tickets, most of whom have never been away to a game and very rarely been to a home match, some of who must have forgotten how they sneered at me after Poland, i have not forgotten LOL.
But generally get the impression a lot more people are more interested this time around.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:09pm
a lot more from the north going............................mind you they are NI fans so that probably doesn't count
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
OscarDelta View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OscarDelta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Have had a good amount of people who know i travel away to games approach me asking if it is possible to get them tickets, most of whom have never been away to a game and very rarely been to a home match, some of who must have forgotten how they sneered at me after Poland, i have not forgotten LOL.
But generally get the impression a lot more people are more interested this time around.

A lot wanting to go if have ticket but while we will have big support I don't see it anywhere near as big as 2004.........
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

well funnily there is less lads I know travelling than travel led to Poland.

Same boat here . Think my crew are getting married , babies and mortgaged out .
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:24pm
We will definitely eclipse 2004 against Sweden anyhow imo
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:42pm
If we get 35,000 in for the Sweden game I'd be surprised was looking for 1 extra ticket for it and no joy anywhere. In 2004 we were given a huge allocation because the French public weren't interested in going to the game .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2016 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

If we get 35,000 in for the Sweden game I'd be surprised was looking for 1 extra ticket for it and no joy anywhere. In 2004 we were given a huge allocation because the French public weren't interested in going to the game .
So you reckon between Sweden and the general public 45k tickets will be gone, i reckon we will have easily 40k plus inside the stadium on matchday easily, you do know how us Irish can be very resourceful Wink
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Sweden = 26,269
Belgium = 13,739
Italy = 19,786. 

Now i could be wrong who knows .

Sweden always bring big numbers, Belgium are on the doorstep and have their best team ever, Italians don't give a f**k till the knock outs. 

So yeah Claret your prediction sounds more likely than the half the stadium in Paris full of Irish scenario 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:57am
Sweden will have a lot in that stadium. We'll do well to get 35k into stade de france. Belgium will bring a lot too and we all know how hard tickets have been to come by in that game. Italy game is one i could see being 70% Irish. They won't care about the game and probably the good people of Lille won't either

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 21 Apr 2016 at 12:57am
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
france2003 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote france2003 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2016 at 12:58am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

a lot more from the north going............................mind you they are NI fans so that probably doesn't count

Seems like a good time to invade them.......   Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic