You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Number of Irish fans in the Stade de France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

You need to be more specific  - 

Are we counting bandwagoners?

Plastic Paddys?

The lads on here with multiple persona's? Do we count them as one or a multiples

Get off your pious preachy horse Zinedine, it's one trick ponies like you that put people off following football (or any other sports)
Sponsored Links

schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 6:17am
Lads on here estimating a crowd of 50000 Irish are way off the mark. 

We are only getting 13000 tickets for the game which is sold out. The reason we got big crowds in poland is because the ticket price was too high for the average Pole so there were very few neutral fans. Sadly, There will be a larger 'neutral' element to the crowd in Paris as French locals will go along for the day out.

30k max Irish in the ground

Edited by schillaci - 23 Jan 2016 at 6:36am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

You need to be more specific  - 

Are we counting bandwagoners?

Plastic Paddys?

The lads on here with multiple persona's? Do we count them as one or a multiples

Get off your pious preachy horse Zinedine, it's one trick ponies like you that put people off following football (or any other sports)

You need to lighten up a bit!

muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:31am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Lads on here estimating a crowd of 50000 Irish are way off the mark. 

We are only getting 13000 tickets for the game which is sold out. The reason we got big crowds in poland is because the ticket price was too high for the average Pole so there were very few neutral fans. Sadly, There will be a larger 'neutral' element to the crowd in Paris as French locals will go along for the day out.

30k max Irish in the ground

Bit of realism at last
muscles View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muscles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 11:36am
Originally posted by darragh90 darragh90 wrote:

Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

in 2004 there were close to 40,000 it was a total mess Mobile system crashed and it was mayhem in Montmartre . Glad were staying in Amiens,

Heard about that mobile phone crisis...although with technology these days dont think there'll be similar communication problems

What was going on in Montmarte?!

Nothing. Was brilliant crack, mayhem yes but in the best possible way
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 3:35pm
40K I reckon, the Swedes travel just as well as us... it'll be close to 50/50
Stonesy114 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stonesy114 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2016 at 7:33pm
Hard to know as Sweden have great travelling support (camp Sweden Euro 2012 was amazing)

Let The People Sing
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 12:21am
Sweden travel in serious numbers, remember when they played us in 2013? You couldn't move in Temple Bar
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 2:47am
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

Sweden travel in serious numbers, remember when they played us in 2013? You couldn't move in Temple Bar

They had serious numbers in Berlin in WC 2006. I was there and there was 60000 swedes in the city.

We will have more fans than them though. Paris is a lot further than Berlin for them. Also the fact that we had way more applications than them speaks volumes too.

My estimate is 30000 Irish, 20000 Swedes, and 30000 ( Angry ) neutrals.

There should be some sort of campaign to get these neutral fans to give back their tickets. As I said before, UEFA should offer a full refund for returns on the portal. It pisses me off that thousands of fans will miss out or pay stupid money while people with a mere passing interest will sit bored through the game cos they bought tickets before they even knew who was playing

Edited by schillaci - 24 Jan 2016 at 2:48am
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 10:45am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

They had serious numbers in Berlin in WC 2006. I was there and there was 60000 swedes in the city.

We will have more fans than them though. Paris is a lot further than Berlin for them. Also the fact that we had way more applications than them speaks volumes too.

My estimate is 30000 Irish, 20000 Swedes, and 30000 ( Angry ) neutrals.

There should be some sort of campaign to get these neutral fans to give back their tickets. As I said before, UEFA should offer a full refund for returns on the portal. It pisses me off that thousands of fans will miss out or pay stupid money while people with a mere passing interest will sit bored through the game cos they bought tickets before they even knew who was playing

Will be nowhere near 30000 neutrals at the game. Those that got tickets last summer will sell them on the resale portal like they did in 2012 the issue is we will be competing with the Swedish fans for these as they will travel in large numbers as well. Can see the attendance being nearly 50/50 with a fee thousand neutrals there as well

Edited by ringerbell - 24 Jan 2016 at 10:46am
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 12:54pm

It is very hard to tell at this stage. Remember also that tickets for Gdansk were much harder to ge tthan Poznan last time.  So demand in France can also vary hugely.

We will probably have 60k-70k fans in Paris.  Unfortunately some with tickets will look to cash in. Others are clearly looking to swop.  Most will have nothing to offer in exchange.   

I don't think the fee charged by UEFA will be a huge stumbling block to reselling tickets.  If someone offered tickets online today at face value and insisted on payment up front they'd probably find people to take them.  So no risk to the seller.  Of course it is wide open for scammers. 

I think at €25 or €55 our game is attractive to neutrals.  At €145 maybe less so.  I'm hoping to see quite a few games as a neutral.  Right now I'm unsure how easy it will be to get tickets.  It is very hard to know then for our games and others how many tickets will appear on the portal.   
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 6:39pm
30,000 neutrals LOL, i think i just heard the cuckoo clock strike 12
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2016 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

It is very hard to tell at this stage. Remember also that tickets for Gdansk were much harder to ge tthan Poznan last time.  So demand in France can also vary hugely.

We will probably have 60k-70k fans in Paris.  Unfortunately some with tickets will look to cash in. Others are clearly looking to swop.  Most will have nothing to offer in exchange.   

I don't think the fee charged by UEFA will be a huge stumbling block to reselling tickets.  If someone offered tickets online today at face value and insisted on payment up front they'd probably find people to take them.  So no risk to the seller.  Of course it is wide open for scammers. 

I think at €25 or €55 our game is attractive to neutrals.  At €145 maybe less so.  I'm hoping to see quite a few games as a neutral.  Right now I'm unsure how easy it will be to get tickets.  It is very hard to know then for our games and others how many tickets will appear on the portal.   

This. Neutral fans will likely go along at the cheaper cost. You are more likely to see Cat 1 tickets appear on the portal. Just like last time. I already got a message from a random French lad who is going to our Paris game. Him and 3 mates were all going on Cat 3 tickets. He offered me first refusal at face value if one drops out
keano10 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keano10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2016 at 10:35pm
I'd be surprised if we didn't have 40,000 inside the stadium for this game
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:44pm
John Delaney/FAI got an extra 6,500 tickets spread over our 3 group games.

Have to say.....fair play.

Wonder have other associations got any extra???

Just waiting for all the grumps to have a moan anyway... 😉
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:47pm

An extra 6500 per game would have been better

But the more tickets the better
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:47pm

Probably just using the allocation they've gotten for corporates
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2016 at 6:50pm

There are a lot of Swedes living here too, Nordic tech support is cheaper here
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic