Number of Irish fans in the Stade de France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Number of Irish fans in the Stade de France
    Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:21am
Me and the lads were discussing this last night. How many do you reckon we'll have in the ground on that eagerly anticipated Monday evening? Personally, I reckon we'll have in the region of 40,000 fans inside the ground.

darragh90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:22am
Easily 40 possibly more, presume Sweden will bring loads of fans too though, they have a good travelling support i believe 
KING-CON View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
Was it the Swedish fans that were trying to organise a march to Lansdowne the last time they played here but the garda wouldn't have it? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:41am
I'd be surprised if we don't outnumber them. 40-50k all going well

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 10:57am
in 2004 there were close to 40,000 it was a total mess Mobile system crashed and it was mayhem in Montmartre . Glad were staying in Amiens,
darragh90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:01am

in 2004 there were close to 40,000 it was a total mess Mobile system crashed and it was mayhem in Montmartre . Glad were staying in Amiens,

Heard about that mobile phone crisis...although with technology these days dont think there'll be similar communication problems

What was going on in Montmarte?!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:03am
At least 40k although the number inside the ground would be higher were we not playing Sweden. They'll have a massive contingent at the Euro's.
darragh90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darragh90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:08am
I reckon if we were playing Italy in this ground we'd get 60-70k in there...huge number really considering our population
Hickster74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hickster74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:18am
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

Was it the Swedish fans that were trying to organise a march to Lansdowne the last time they played here but the garda wouldn't have it? 

I remember hundreds of them doing a very impressive march past Slatterys that day alright, obviously ignored the guards...
"Perhaps the reason that they did not consider the worst, was because discussion of such cases would have cast suspicion on the planner as being a "saboteur". Paranoia was rampant throughout."

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 11:19am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:35pm
You need to be more specific  - 

Are we counting bandwagoners?

Plastic Paddys?

The lads on here with multiple persona's? Do we count them as one or a multiples

Edited by Zinedine Kilbane 110 - 22 Jan 2016 at 3:15pm

stiffler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:36pm
How many was in Gdansk ? felt like 90% of the stadium was Irish.
SByrne24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:36pm
I'd say 50k + 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

Me and the lads were discussing this last night. How many do you reckon we'll have in the ground on that eagerly anticipated Monday evening? Personally, I reckon we'll have in the region of 40,000 fans inside the ground.

The lads and I.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Amsterdam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 2:02pm
I'd say the fact that we're playing Sweden might actually increase our numbers. Many neutrals that have tickets through the general portal, and many sponsors might not be that interested in this game. Meaning those tickets come onto the market and increase our numbers.

55k Irish is my estimate.
Just saying like View Drop Down
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 2:02pm

Originally posted by ABFC ABFC wrote:

The lads and I.

ClapClapClap
Ban him

xRedmanLFCx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xRedmanLFCx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 5:31pm
40-45k I'd say. 30k Swedes and 5-10k neutrals and locals.
"We will be galvanised and motivated, and we will bring thousands to this tournament." - MON
Tyronebhoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2016 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Hickster74 Hickster74 wrote:

Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

I remember hundreds of them doing a very impressive march past Slatterys that day alright, obviously ignored the guards...

That's right. There were some fine looking lassies among them too. Will we take as many as we did for the 0-0 draw with France about a decade ago. Some squad in Stade de France that night
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>