You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Northern Ireland a Dump

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 4:48pm
Nothing wrong with Dungiven. Did paddys day there a few years ago. Good craic and generally nice people.
@AntrimMan85
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

What the best and worst shopping centre up there?

Outlet Banbridge.

Was only in there yesterday. Its like a ghost town. Pity as it used to be decent.
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Larne is a sh*thole, but it does have the North Antrim coast road right there, so there are some redeeming features indeed.

Strabane is worse than my local town of Dungannon, and that is saying something. Lurgan is pretty crap but it's no Strabane.

Dungiven has scenery on its side, so it's not the worst.

Strabane is the "winner" of the golden turd.

However, Newcastle, Ballycastle and Cushendall are all nice enough spots.

East Tyrone in general is oretty grim. I stopped there once in Coalisland to buy petrol, eat a sandwich a smoke a feg. I am pretty sure the IRA were watching me. A car was definitely spying on me and it tailed me the whole way to Ardboe.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 5:58pm
Newcastle to grow up in or to die
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Larne is a sh*thole, but it does have the North Antrim coast road right there, so there are some redeeming features indeed.

Strabane is worse than my local town of Dungannon, and that is saying something. Lurgan is pretty crap but it's no Strabane.

East Tyrone in general is oretty grim. I stopped there once in Coalisland to buy petrol, eat a sandwich a smoke a feg. I am pretty sure the IRA were watching me. A car was definitely spying on me and it tailed me the whole way to Ardboe.

You sound like Willie Frazier.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 6:49pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2017 at 7:42pm
Ballymena, Moira all top top spots

for narrowmindedness
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2017 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 12:39am
About 16 yrs ago I was in Guildford in my Republic of Eire reg car.  I had a few hours to waste.  I parked the car directly in front of the library (which is basically almost smack bang in the middle of the town main street or maybe just off it) at around 1pm on a Saturday.  I went away for an hour or so just having a look around basically.  When I came back there was a cop car with 2 coppers in it very close to my car.  I pulled out and drove back towards the motorway and they followed me for at least 2-3 km before leaving me alone.

Edited by Trap junior - 11 Dec 2017 at 12:41am
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2017 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Weeblywee Weeblywee wrote:

Larne is the Sphincter of a constipated hole

LOL now that is on unusual description. 

Imagine some of the mayors of these town's read these comments 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
PaulB View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:01pm

Portadown and or Lurgan, 99% of these two towns are absolute dumps, use to work between them both. Now based in Lurgan and Newry. Portadown around the 12th of July brings out all sort of mutants to. 

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

Portadown and or Lurgan, 99% of these two towns are absolute dumps, use to work between them both. Now based in Lurgan and Newry. Portadown around the 12th of July brings out all sort of mutants to

Strangely, it didn't actually always used to be like that. During the 70s, was actually quite peaceful around the 12th.
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 3:21pm
Strabane Bus Station has a notice board for 'Strabane people doing well...' and it's completely blank. Nobody in Strabane is doing well.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2017 at 5:03pm
Never thought Strabane was that bad!
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2017 at 9:12am
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

Never thought Strabane was that bad!

Strabane's grand Thumbs Up
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
Anyone up near Lurgan and is there much snow about?
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2018 at 1:53pm

It was one of the first places named on the news last night as being worst hit with the snow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic