Topic ClosedNorth of Ireland (h) - November 15th

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:43am
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

It seems the Nordie game in November will be part of this year's season ticket?  Anyone clarify that is the case?
What will happen is that we are getting another game in June and by the time November rolls around the FAI will state out of the goodness of their hearts that this game will be free also for those who have got a new season ticket also .
Look if we miss out on one game yer no real problems I do think they could have given us a discount but hey on the other hand we have done well off season tickets in the past so I am not too pushed about missing out on this one really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 9:44am

It seems the Nordie game in November will be part of this year's season ticket?  Anyone clarify that is the case?

Press release confirms it

http://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/friendly-games-confirmed-for-201718-st-holders
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:34am
I wonder will the FAI release ST numbers this year given how much importance they have placed on them .................
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 10:42am

Poland again.

I'd imagine some team going to Russia will want a friendly against us. Season ticket looking poor value this year unless JD gets someone to play us.

Before our last home game the season ticket was the best value ever and so many people really regretting not getting one.  We paid for 2 competitive games the cup final and 3 friendlies with the playoff at the friendly price.  

Obviously the result v Denmark has a massive impact on everything but I think the season ticket was still good value.  Certainly for those like yourself who would go anyway.  

In today's Indo Daniel claims a Brazil friendly in June is now unlikely.  It was the first I'd heard of a possibility of anyone even remotely that attractive.  The fee for these games is normally huge and I think thy'd be a hard sell at the moment. 

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:23pm
Baffles me why this match in November will be part of the current season ticket when the nations league games in October will be part of the new season ticket. 

And just gonna be Jonny Pedantic here but "On November 15, Martin O'Neill's side will welcome Northern Ireland to Dublin for a friendly game that will be the 11th meeting between the two teams and "the first since 2011. "" . Its not correct they played a match behind closed doors in 2015 ahead of the Eruos

Edited by OohAah... - 06 Feb 2018 at 1:26pm
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:29pm
Wasn't a formal international. It was classed as a training match afaik
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 1:31pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wasn't a formal international. It was classed as a training match afaik

thats is correct but its still a meeting of the two teams.

Again as I said I am been pedantic. It just read inncacurately
Daragho View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Baffles me why this match in November will be part of the current season ticket when the nations league games in October will be part of the new season ticket. 

Because the FAI must honor the transaction that they entered into with ST holders for 2017/18 - we paid for 5 games upfront (2 qualifiers, a play-off/friendly, and 2 friendlies). With those away friendlies announced they still needed to find two home games to fulfill their commitment - hence N. Ireland in November and A.N. Other team in June.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by Daragho Daragho wrote:

Because the FAI must honor the transaction that they entered into with ST holders for 2017/18 - we paid for 5 games upfront (2 qualifiers, a play-off/friendly, and 2 friendlies). With those away friendlies announced they still needed to find two home games to fulfill their commitment - hence N. Ireland in November and A.N. Other team in June.
Talk about an arseways way to do things though - that's suggesting we'd need to keep this season's ST card just to get into that 1 game next November.  Imagine the confusion that could create at the turnstiles on the night with people trying to use their 2018/19 ST cards to get into the ground. And God knows how many fans will have either forgotten to bring the 2017/18 cards or else destroyed or lost them in the meantime.  That can't be right, can it...? ConfusedLOL

Surely, if the FAI can't get 5 home games arranged for this season, they'd be better giving ST holders credit towards next season's ST or else a refund for the non-existent 5th game. 

The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Scamper View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Talk about an arseways way to do things though - that's suggesting we'd need to keep this season's ST card just to get into that 1 game next November.  Imagine the confusion that could create at the turnstiles on the night with people trying to use their 2018/19 ST cards to get into the ground. And God knows how many fans will have either forgotten to bring the 2017/18 cards or else destroyed or lost them in the meantime.  That can't be right, can it...? ConfusedLOL

Surely, if the FAI can't get 5 home games arranged for this season, they'd be better giving ST holders credit towards next season's ST or else a refund for the non-existent 5th game. 

Imagine that, people having to keep a little card in their wallet for a whole 5 months after they should have got rid of it, and also have to remember to bring a ticket to a match, imagine the horror. 
Jasus lads just love giving out.

This whole thing was caused because O Neill didnt want a second friendly in March, he wanted a week long training camp around the time of the Turkey game instead, that left no other option than the June friendly against ? and the NI friendly later in the year.

Anyone who has a current season ticket and does not renew, they just use that for the NI game in November.
Anyone who has a ST and does renew, the NI game will be loaded on to the New ST and you just use that as you would have if it had been part of the ST in the first place.

It is a little awkward, but by no means the f**king mission impossible some lads are making out.
And these are the same lads that probably go to all home games anyway, ffs take a break will ye

The NL games this year and the Euro 2020 Quals in March and June of 2019 will all be part of the new ST

Edited by Scamper - 06 Feb 2018 at 5:51pm
====#Everywhere you play, We'll Follow====
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Yeh exactly...

And Yeh We know Why they are including it, but it is arse about tit. And We know its not that much hassle, but it is Arse about tit.
GreenArmy! View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:33pm
Will be interesting to see how they price the 18/19 ticket.

Fixing this mess could have the knock on effect of lads effectively paying twice for the NI friendly.

The renewal price will have to be much cheaper than the first time buyer price or there'll be another uproar.
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 1:55pm
therell be no problems unless ofcourse its a sellout, then season ticket holders could get caught out. Its an unnecessary confusion for something that shouldnt need it.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:09pm

therell be no problems unless ofcourse its a sellout, then season ticket holders could get caught out. Its an unnecessary confusion for something that shouldnt need it.

I think this will only become an issue with people who dont renew there season tickets and if there is a cross over with people purchasesing them for the first time
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:23pm
Most likely outcome will be that the new season ticket will be priced at 5 matches, 2 Nations cup, 2 2020 qualifiers and the NI friendly.

The renewal price will be based on the 4 games, excluding the NI friendly.

Those not renewing their ST will probably be issued with paper tickets / e tickets for the NI game.

I don't remember there been any complaints when we got an extra game a couple of years ago.

Would the moaners prefer to see a home game against Oman just for the sake of the ST, and keeping them happy.
I know nothing :-)
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

I think this will only become an issue with people who dont renew there season tickets and if there is a cross over with people purchasesing them for the first time

If its a sellout, It could be a pain for anyone on a new season ticket who doesn't have their old season ticket on them when they go to swipe in.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Most likely outcome will be that the new season ticket will be priced at 5 matches, 2 Nations cup, 2 2020 qualifiers and the NI friendly.

Those not renewing their ST will probably be issued with paper tickets / e tickets for the NI game.

I don't remember there been any complaints when we got an extra game a couple of years ago.

Would the moaners prefer to see a home game against Oman just for the sake of the ST, and keeping them happy.

That's actually very logical. I hope the FAI are reading this and go with that, tbh.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Yes - I miss our old chums from Oman, it's been too long. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 60>
  Share Topic