You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North Korea Nuclear Bomb Test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Korea Nuclear Bomb Test
    Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 8:28am
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0212/breaking1.html

in fairness if you were a neighboring country you would be freaked out / pis*ed off!

kevjreilly View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevjreilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:29pm
even there best mate China are having a go at them for this. Also see the ruskies arent too happy about it. North Korean army are getting themselves prepared for war I reckon
Read it 3 times before posting
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:36pm
While this should not be tolerated, not all the blame lies with North Korea. The South Koreans started it by having their own nuclear program many years back and then the Americans broke the framework in the 90s. The North look at the places that have been invaded and are using their nuclear program to scare off an invasion.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:37pm
Possibility of an invasion?
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
HuntysCousin View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuntysCousin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:43pm
A friend of mine is just back from S Korea,says the people take no notice of what the North do,as far as they're concerned it's all bluffing
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:47pm
It'd be madness for any country to engage in a large scale invasion against a crack pot nuclear power. Noone is going to invade them.As mad as they are I don't think they'll launch a pre-emptive strike either. It's just a show of strength
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Possibility of an invasion?

Could be any day now Mark..........they'll probably try and land at Knock (subject to fog) so get all your Mayo Bog Warrior friends to prepare a nice Gangnam Style welcome
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by HuntysCousin HuntysCousin wrote:

A friend of mine is just back from S Korea,says the people take no notice of what the North do,as far as they're concerned it's all bluffing

I lived in South Korea for years and your mate is right.They're like the boy who cried wolf.

I also worked on US military bases in South Korea,even the ridiculously over the top scaremongering military are used to dealing with these lads and never get too hyped up about it.
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 2:27pm
Just the fact that you don't know what they're even thinking. They're a bit mental.
Thought this new fella bit have a bit more cop on then his father, but apparently not.
The dark side.. And the light
jinky View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Ireland's number one fan, ole ole ole

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

Just the fact that you don't know what they're even thinking. They're a bit mental.
Thought this new fella bit have a bit more cop on then his father, but apparently not.
cant blame them for having them... every other country has them..!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

I lived in South Korea for years and your mate is right.They're like the boy who cried wolf.

I also worked on US military bases in South Korea,even the ridiculously over the top scaremongering military are used to dealing with these lads and never get too hyped up about it.

What type of work do ya do kimbap if you dont mind me asking?   

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Feb 2013 at 4:58pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by kimbap kimbap wrote:

What type of work do ya do kimbap if you dont mind me asking?   

Was teaching in S Korea for a few years and then was working for a sales company that only worked with US military.The US bases i covered were almost all in Asia (Japan/Korea) so still ended up spending lots of time in Korea.Hard place to get away from! A few posters on here have spent time there as well.
     Decided to give it all up when i came home for Christmas,time to settle down and all that,but still haven't found anything yet.Not killing myself trying either though if truth be toldWink

Will be when the cash runs out though!
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 6:52pm
Originally posted by jinky jinky wrote:

Originally posted by darmack darmack wrote:

cant blame them for having them... every other country has them..!

this, they have as much right as any other nation to have them

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 10:25pm
Only countries who've used them before on civilian populations, or countries who are land grabbing, settlement building, apartheid loving psychopaths should be allowed have them. Or their friends. Thumbs Up
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by heighway2heaven heighway2heaven wrote:

Only countries who've used them before on civilian populations, or countries who are land grabbing, settlement building, apartheid loving psychopaths should be allowed have them. Or their friends. Thumbs Up

It's only the 5 countries on the UN security council that are allowed have them.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2013 at 11:31pm
So what's the craic then with Israel, Germany, Pakistan and India etc?
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 6:32am
“The energy wave generated by North Korea’s nuclear test was clearly picked up by seismometers in north Donegal and the Dublin Mountains approximately 11 minutes after it occurred at 2:58 AM (GMT) on Tuesday. It was located roughly in the region of the previous North Korean nuclear tests of 2006 and 2009. The South Korean defence ministry has provided preliminary yield estimates for the test of between 6 to 7 kilotons. Our data suggests the test was a more powerful blast than North Korea’s two previous tests.”

North Korea
dublin-hammer View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dublin-hammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2013 at 8:29am
A great bunch of lads

North Korea is best Korea
I'm not a fascist, I'm a priest. Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas...priests... More drink!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic