You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel King interim manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:07pm
I would assume the FAI must have known that if a few results went against us that Trap would have to go. As any responible business manager would tell you, you always have to have a plan B if things are not working the way you planned over a period of time. As a result i would say the 1 month period to announce the new manager should be more than enough. Surely they must have a short list somewhere.......OK if they are available is another question, however i dont think it is that hard to identify potential managers and go about your business.
If they have found a manager who refuses to start until after the German game etc. then i would say......lets go for the next on the list. Doesnt fill me with confidence if he isnt willing to start with a dfficult one, maybe a new manager would give the team a lift or kick up the backside and result in a decent display. I think everyone knows what the current state of Irish football is and i think if everyone is honest, doesnt matter how hard it is, we all know that we will get nothing in Colonge except a hangover.
With all that off my cheast........Lets all get behind King and the team and show the new manager what he is missing or what he can expect from the 12th man.
Sponsored Links

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches

Invaluable experience of what? How does getting a battering in your very first game help anyone, or get the players to believe in the new coach?

The next two games are completely meaningless and a new coach would learn nothing positive from them. Get them over with, and allow the new man a clean slate for starting the new campaign.

Yes Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games..

OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by irishmale0399 irishmale0399 wrote:

I would assume the FAI must have known that if a few results went against us that Trap would have to go. As any responible business manager would tell you, you always have to have a plan B if things are not working the way you planned over a period of time. As a result i would say the 1 month period to announce the new manager should be more than enough. Surely they must have a short list somewhere.......OK if they are available is another question, however i dont think it is that hard to identify potential managers and go about your business.
If they have found a manager who refuses to start until after the German game etc. then i would say......lets go for the next on the list. Doesnt fill me with confidence if he isnt willing to start with a dfficult one, maybe a new manager would give the team a lift or kick up the backside and result in a decent display. I think everyone knows what the current state of Irish football is and i think if everyone is honest, doesnt matter how hard it is, we all know that we will get nothing in Colonge except a hangover.
With all that off my cheast........Lets all get behind King and the team and show the new manager what he is missing or what he can expect from the 12th man.

It beggers belief to be honest... But I dont believe they want to hire anyone quick and save on wages... 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:14pm

It beggers belief to be honest... But I dont believe they want to hire anyone quick and save on wages... 

Wages aren't a problem here as Denis O'Brien is funding half of it.
If we appointed somebody for the upcoming 2 games as a long term manager, that would have been rushed - Prioirty is to get the right manager and I am certainly pleased that they are at least taking their time to see who is out there.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:15pm
Suspend belief for a second here - Just imagine we actually beat Germany and then won at home playing decent football - What then ?

colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Suspend belief for a second here - Just imagine we actually beat Germany and then won at home playing decent football - What then ?

Then I pray that Austria win in Stockholm and lose their final game away to the Faroes while at the same time Sweden lose to Germany.

If that happens then happy days...Brazil is back on with King as manager  Tongue
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:21pm

If we appointed somebody for the upcoming 2 games as a long term manager, that would have been rushed - Prioirty is to get the right manager and I am certainly pleased that they are at least taking their time to see who is out there.

Question is what is rushed???? Shouldnt the FAI have been looking weeks/months ago. Did they sack him based on one result, dont think so. I would say they should have started looking after the German game at home. That way knowing if 1 or 2 results went against us after that they would have a solution. Imagine a new manager came in, we get something from the Germans.....other results go our way......what then??? Noel King on a contract????
Think it would have been a great way for a new manager to have a week with the players, invite a few new faces to training and access what he has to build on.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:23pm

Question is what is rushed???? Shouldnt the FAI have been looking weeks/months ago. Did they sack him based on one result, dont think so. I would say they should have started looking after the German game at home. That way knowing if 1 or 2 results went against us after that they would have a solution. Imagine a new manager came in, we get something from the Germans.....other results go our way......what then??? Noel King on a contract????
Think it would have been a great way for a new manager to have a week with the players, invite a few new faces to training and access what he has to build on.

This isn't Football Manager, this is real life though.
Are you supposed to plan assuming you lose to Sweden and also assuming those managers who are out of work at the time of your planning are also going to be out of work after that game ??

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:23pm

+1

The FAI are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think it's good that they are taking their time to evaluate other potential candidates.

Hiring MON immediately after Trap is no more than a knee jerk appointment.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:27pm
what if the scenario is that they contacted O Neill about it and he was cold about it.  Are they not right then do the process that has happened.   

Hard to be overly critical without the full facts. 
AKA pedantic kunt
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.</div>[/QUOTE OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.[/QUOTE wrote:

Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign, with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time.

With no m

Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign, with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time.

With no man ready and waiting to take over, Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game. Delaney called for "reflection" after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again, but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions. Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all.
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:43pm

Originally posted by OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.</td></tr></table> <br><br>Except it isn't a summer camp, it's the end of a tough campaign,  with players retiring immediately afterwards. That's not invaluable experience, that's a waste of time. <br><br>With no man ready and waiting to take over, <b>Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game.</b> Delaney called for reflection after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again,  but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions.  Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all. [/QUOTE OohAah...Invaluable experience... 2 matches and 1 week with the players to get to know them... Its like a summer camp trap organised before he started   except for free in competitive games.

With no man ready and waiting to take over, Trap should have been allowed to see out the remaining games so we could give him a great send off at the Kazach game. Delaney called for reflection after Austria, then sacked the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, inside 12 hours. Now we go to Germany facing humiliation again, but that's what happens when you make snap, short term decisions. Either handle this process properly or don't do it at all. [/QUOTE wrote:

Your idea of a great send off might differ from everyone else's LOLWink.I think some would have trap on a giant catapult in( the Aviva like Homer Simpson when he made a bollix of being sanitation commissioner) and catapulted back to Italy.
Being honest I thought it was largely pointless sacking him then if they weren't going to bring the new manager in for those two games.It would've been nice to give him a send off at home but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got a job

Your idea of a great send off might differ from everyone else's LOLWink.I think some would have trap on a giant catapult in( the Aviva like Homer Simpson when he made a bollix of being sanitation commissioner) and catapulted back to Italy.
Being honest I thought it was largely pointless sacking him then if they weren't going to bring the new manager in for those two games.It would've been nice to give him a send off at home but unfortunately I think people in general were sick of the football and the FAI felt it was the right time to do it.Another factor might've been MON current situation.In two months time when the campaign is over there's a chance he might not have been available to sound out if he got a job in the championship for instance.It may have beena factor though not very likely   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:49pm
The most disappointing aspect of all this for me is hearing the CEO of the FAI claiming that the remaining games are "unimportant". That is very concerning.
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:51pm
Wrong episode irishmufc. Catapult was in the beer baron episode
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:52pm

thats not true, everyone would understand... theres invaluable experience going to be wsted by not having our next manager in place come these matches

Invaluable experience of what? How does getting a battering in your very first game help anyone, or get the players to believe in the new coach?

The next two games are completely meaningless and a new coach would learn nothing positive from them. Get them over with, and allow the new man a clean slate for starting the new campaign.

The game against Kazakhstan is vital to our second place seeding for the Euro's

A new manager would learn a hell of a lot about his players playing against one of the best teams in the world competitively.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

The most disappointing aspect of all this for me is hearing the CEO of the FAI claiming that the remaining games are "unimportant". That is very concerning.
+1

It appears they are ignorant of the current seeding situation.
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Wrong episode irishmufc. Catapult was in the beer baron episode

You're right.Thumbs Up The sanitation one was where he was going to be horsewhipped LOL 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Just saying like View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The truth is out there

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Just saying like Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

+1

The FAI are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

I think it's good that they are taking their time to evaluate other potential candidates.

Hiring MON immediately after Trap is no more than a knee jerk appointment.

I am no fan of the FAI or Delaney but I am in total agreement here.  As the old saying goes "marry in haste, repent at leisure".  We have plenty time to find the right manager.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 30>
  Share Topic