Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noel King and his bizarre tactics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Noel King and his bizarre tactics
    Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:12pm
Thought he talked alot of sense all week then puts out THAT team. No wingers, Doyle on the wing, itbwas like watching Trap on steroids. Noel King reminded me of a FG politician begore the election. Promised the world and then gets in and chooses the same policies. That was another long ball sh*te fest. Kept Trying to knocknit onto Doyles headbfrom kick offs. No substitutes, no passing. Or should I say attempt to passnit because clearly we cant passnit decently. We can get at max 6 passes before a clumsy touch gives it away.  I am actually more depressed now than after the Cyprus draw under stan this time 6 yrs ago. At least we had the spine of a half decent team then. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:25pm
Tops Cyprus for me too..and makes the 6-1 defeat look like more than just bad day at the office and maybe trap wasn't to blame for all our woe, I can remember the teams of 88,90 and to be Honest at the time of 2002 I wasn't that impressed with the quality of the team, how wrong was I?? Id give a nut for that again..there dark days ahead and an empty Lansdowne whoever we have in charge
mad max View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:32pm
people saying we should be promoting our gealic games,no we shouldnt because after a couple of years we would get the sh*t kicked out of us at that as well,we are a bunch of fat lazy alcoholics.
keith11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keith11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2013 at 11:58pm
Was it that bad ? We were against the second favourites to win the world cup in their own backyard. It looked like we made more chances in this game than the Sweden and Austria ones combined. He went for something off the wall and different so good for him in my view. Its what he does against the Kazaks in a winnable game that matters because after that he will probably be gone. If he takes 3 points there what else could we expect from these two matches. If he manages to help bring players like Stokes etc back into the fold for the next manager then he has done whats neccessary for the next campaign.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:09am
Its not so much getting 3 pts from these 2 games that counts now its how it is axgieved. Trap would guarantee you 3 pts. I thought we might play Reid or Hoolahan and have a fresh approach. This was worse than Trap at his worst. There was no shape to that team and the tactics were not clear to non existant.  Remember Sweden scored 4 there so its not as hard a fixture as it looked. We had thrownnin the towel before kick off. There was no intent to get at the Germans  with that selection. 

wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:17am
really dont understand why he didn't use any subs? personally thought long could have been more effective than stokes in 2nd half and a natural winger like mcclean could have replaced doyle who was hopelessly out of position despite working extremely hard
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:20am
McGeady,McClean, Houlihan  Reid and Long left scratching their arses. Nice subs bench that..
Huge Finn View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huge Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:36am
Kings out of his depth, he came in talking about this and that, how Trap had done things wrong, then tactics this and tactics that.

Brings in players that were/are trouble makers into the squad, then treats the regular decent players like Muck.

My buddy Sean has never let Ireland down was fully fit, yet King never spoke to him, never included him in the pre match preparation, and instead spanked his monkey over the players he brought in.

I think we have seen tonight that he hasn't a clue, I'd get rid of him faster than a nice little bottle of wine when I'm on a promise.

The midlands beys in Cologne have taken to the drink tonight because of Kings pathetic management of the team!

planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 12:59am
Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

really dont understand why he didn't use any subs? personally thought long could have been more effective than stokes in 2nd half and a natural winger like mcclean could have replaced doyle who was hopelessly out of position despite working extremely hard

He could have made 12 subs in the second half, and it wouldn't have made any difference. Just as well that Gibson wasn't on the bench or he would have excluded himself again.

People thought that all our troubles were over by getting rid of the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, in cold clinical fashion. Instead what we saw tonight is the situation the new man has to deal with.

Edited by planning - 12 Oct 2013 at 1:02am
VAR: Cutting the crap out of football.
mad max View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 1:01am
if it wasnt for trap we would still be in hunt for playoffs!!!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 1:09am
Whilst I agree with the sentiments I think there is massive overreaction here. king clearly isn't the man and his tactics had me scratchingy head but with THE right manager and right utilisation of players we'll turn the corner.

Relax!
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 1:31am
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by wrestler313 wrestler313 wrote:

He could have made 12 subs in the second half, and it wouldn't have made any difference. Just as well that Gibson wasn't on the bench or he would have excluded himself again.

People thought that all our troubles were over by getting rid of the only man to take us to a tournament in 12 years, in cold clinical fashion. Instead what we saw tonight is the situation the new man has to deal with.
Give it a rest will you. Trap is gone, move on. At least Kinger didn't lead us to a 6-1 humiliation.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Stoked Up View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stoked Up Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 1:39am
Was worse than the 1-6. If Westie had played again, it might have been.

King was talking something radical, but that was just Gibbo and Stokes back in the fold. Same old, same old with bells on.
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 2:45am
The merchants who have been out this week lauding King are the same bullsh*tters who tried to get Touhy back as manager pre-Charlton 1985.  Who wanted Kerr as manager and still think he has some merit.  We are really pissing against the wind 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 3:36am
Was obvious he was trying to keep the numbers down with that team he picked after all his talk of going therebto try and win the game. I have never seen rhis tactic actually work as far as trying to nick a draw or even a win. The best form of defence is attack. Thy say anything can happennin football but 99% of the time itbdoesnt so font see the sense in accepting a defeat and accept the 1% chance of maybe scoring a poxy goal. We should really lose this defeatist tactic  and go down trying to score a couple evennif we concede a couple more. Jesus its not asnif trying tonkeep it tight has worked for us against the big boys. Murdered at the euros and against the Germans. Even Stan onlyblost 1-0 over two games. Really frustrated tonight and pessimistic. I will probably calm down tomorrow but we have turned into a bunch of whipping boys and whats worse taking to the field already a beaten side.  

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 3:37am
yes I have drink taken if anyone asks

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 7:01am
I didn't think it was that bad. Yes it was a strange set up but at times we actually passed the ball out of defence....granted it wasn't to the standar of the Germans but we did it.
If it wasn't for Stokes poor finishing we would have scored at least 3 times but in saying that if it wasn't for Forde we would have conceded 7 or 8.

This was not the real test for Noel King and whether he's up to it. That test comes Tuesday night vs Kazakhstan. We lost 3-0 to a serious German team with World Cup winning potential. There is no shame in that.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
JuanNil View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JuanNil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2013 at 7:07am
Standing there last night I was depressed at how we couldn't get hold of the ball.

Just watched and admired some great football by the Germans
Shes got a head like Liam Brady
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic