Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Noe Baba

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Had no idea he was Fortuna. Used to go and watch them years ago. 

seems like he had a trial and they asked him back , lets see how he gets on going to go up there in two weeks to see him in action 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2019 at 10:34am
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Had no idea he was Fortuna. Used to go and watch them years ago. 

seems like he had a trial and they asked him back , lets see how he gets on going to go up there in two weeks to see him in action 

A great spot to watch a game - It shouldn't be given how old the ground is and the running track around it but always a good buzz around the place. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 10:06am
Anyone know how he's getting on in Germany?
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2020 at 11:57am
Playing away in Koln all the time, the standard would be similar to the National Leagues in England. Fair play to him for still trying to make it overseas but I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sign for the likes of Galway, Sligo or Longford in the next year or two.

It looked for years like he would play at a higher level but after Fulham and Birmingham both let him go the writing was on the wall.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jul 2020 at 10:51am
The younger brother still playing?
Some people just deserve a slap
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 8:27am
Noe has left his latest club Uerdingen following their relegation to the fifth tier of German football.

A long forgotten man now from an Irish perspective but he was once seen as one of our brightest prospects.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2022 at 8:30am
I wish he was good enough so we could sing Baba O'Riley whenever he comes on at the Aviva.
smart man View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Not so.......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smart man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:17pm
had the world at his feet when 15/16. Was he not good enough or did he make bad decisions?
alive and kicking
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:33pm
Just not good enough I think. To be fair to him he has always come across as very dedicated, you see him working with his personal trainer a lot on social media.

He was rated as the best Irish player in his age group. But looking back at it we produced next to nothing domestically from that 1996 born group, so being the best from that year didn't actually mean that much in hindsight. Also, being honest, coming from the Mayo league possibly made him look better than he was as he would have been such a standout relative to other players in his local area. I don't think there has ever been a top level pro footballer from Mayo (which is understandable as most kids there play GAA).

He seemed to struggle to make the grade from the beginning at Fulham and never looked like making it at a high level in the UK. Has had a number of clubs in the German lower leagues without ever staying too long at any of them. Would be interesting to see him come back to Ireland to see if he would have any impact at a club like Galway.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:38pm
Too sheepish to make it at the highest level.
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Also, being honest, coming from the Mayo league possibly made him look better than he was as he would have been such a standout relative to other players in his local area.

This had zero to do with anything. He captained his country sure. It's not just being good enough in Mayo, you have to be good enough FOR Mayo, then regional development squads, then national development, then international squads. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2022 at 12:48pm
I think a lot of it had to do with his physical development - he was a very good underage centre back but he only ended up about 5'9/5'10 and fairly slight. Hard to make it at professional level with that in mind unless you're absolutely exceptional.
We're decent enough..
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 2:37pm
Noe has confirmed that he has retired from pro football at 26 and is going into personal training and coaching.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 3:26pm
Football is a teenage wasteland. Hope he fares well in his next vocation.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2022 at 10:58pm
shame it didn't work out.

I hope noe keeps himself right 
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 2:06pm
shame it didnt work out is right , the day i went up to see him in cologne he had been dropped and didnt even come on a sub. got let go and then dropped down to urdingen. 

he's only 26 best of luck to him for the next steps. 

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:27am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Noe has confirmed that he has retired from pro football at 26 and is going into personal training and coaching.
Maybe not just yet Shocked
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2023 at 11:38am
He had to retire because he tore his quadrophenia muscles.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic