You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

No Loyalty to Genuine Away Fans

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No Loyalty to Genuine Away Fans
    Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:01am
Well lads and ladies,

This Denmark away game has again proven the FAI to be incapable of looking after genuine supporters.

I know of two groups of fans of 6 supporters in different parts of the country who have gone to every away game for the last 20 years. Both groups only got 50% of what they wanted.

So these fans have been let down for the first time ever.

No loyalty whatsoever.

They were all in Bosnia two years ago when we only got 900 tickets.

Mind boggling stuff
A Nation holds its breath
Sponsored Links

ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:28am
Sounds as if they made their application through a Supporters Club did they?
If they applied as individuals it would just be a simple matter of contacting the FAI and highlighting their clear error.

Edited by ShamtheRam - 04 Nov 2017 at 11:29am
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:38am
Know of 1 person who's done over the 6 game criteria but hasn't got a ticket.

Same issue for Wales and when he contacted them about it was told his account only had 3 aways on it (he had applied on a friends account previously) how can these tickets not be linked to him when his name and account number was given on his friends application.

As far as I know he was told them games can't be transferred to his account either which is crazy as it's because of this he been let down again
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:51am
Originally posted by KeanoKeano KeanoKeano wrote:

Well lads and ladies,

This Denmark away game has again proven the FAI to be incapable of looking after genuine supporters.

I know of two groups of fans of 6 supporters in different parts of the country who have gone to every away game for the last 20 years. Both groups only got 50% of what they wanted.

No loyalty whatsoever.

Mind boggling stuff

Not really clear what you are saying
if these fans are part of a supporters club and  they have not missed a game  how come they are not at the top of the list of the SC ?

Are you saying the SC has more than 6 on 'never missed a game' but they only got three tickets ?

'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 11:56am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Know of 1 person who's done over the 6 game criteria but hasn't got a ticket.

Same issue for Wales and when he contacted them about it was told his account only had 3 aways on it (he had applied on a friends account previously) how can these tickets not be linked to him when his name and account number was given on his friends application.

As far as I know he was told them games can't be transferred to his account either which is crazy as it's because of this he been let down again

I was in this situation but when I contacted the fai it was sorted quickly enough by the ticket office.
System error!!!
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 1:45pm

...his account only had 3 aways on it (he had applied on a friends account previously) how can these tickets not be linked to him when his name and account number was given on his friends application.

The solution for this is everyone to apply on their own account for all games. Why apply for some on his own and others on a friend's?

There's been numerous reports of the FAI allocating half the number of tickets requested across the board to groups/SCs. It's a mess, but you've little come back compared to having your own individual account.
City Till I Die
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by brendy_éire brendy_éire wrote:

...his account only had 3 aways on it (he had applied on a friends account previously) how can these tickets not be linked to him when his name and account number was given on his friends application.

The solution for this is everyone to apply on their own account for all games. Why apply for some on his own and others on a friend's?

There's been numerous reports of the FAI allocating half the number of tickets requested across the board to groups/SCs. It's a mess, but you've little come back compared to having your own individual account.

I agree having all games on own account is the only way to go but surely can't be that hard to transfer the games from the other account to his own when his details would of been given when applying for them

Think he got tickets on the other account after been rejected for Glasgow. Has got all tickets for the current campaign on his own account (only game missed was Serbia although Wales ticket wasn't sourced direct from fai)

Was said on the last email received on the ybig mandate that people leaving clubs to go to fans direct etc can bring their account records with them might be something to check at next meeting about people being able to transfer records from 1 fans direct account to another at least that way more people will have accurate account details

Edited by ringerbell - 04 Nov 2017 at 2:19pm
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 2:34pm
I wish it was that simple, they are not part of any supporters club, always get their tickets direct from ticket office. Just told this time, hard luck lads not enough to go around....,!

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 3:38pm

I wish it was that simple, they are not part of any supporters club, always get their tickets direct from ticket office. Just told this time, hard luck lads not enough to go around....,!

Still not clear sorry to be pedantic but it's important to be factual
2 fai accounts ?
6 people in each all with perfect away records getting their tickets off the fai
3 tickets given to each account ?
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
KeanoKeano View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeanoKeano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:20pm
Correct
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 5:26pm

Correct

Certainly seems harsh especially if they have perfect records, did they get in contact with TO ?
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:07pm

Well lads and ladies,

No loyalty whatsoever.

Mind boggling stuff

Well why dont you publicise it? Genuine question

Euther stump up or shut up. No point complaining about it on a forum
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:09pm
What's beating me is why is Bosnia highlighted as an example of their support?
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:53pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Probably because we got a much smaller amount of tickets and they got sorted. If they were good enough to get a ticket for that game they should have got them for this one. I heard of a lad going who didnt have 6 aways done and he got a ticket from the FAI through fans direct. Think he had 5 done.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:54pm
There were spare tickets for Bosnia.

Edited by Baldrick - 04 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
AKA pedantic kunt
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Think his point was the allocation was 900 and they were sorted.....now it's 2,300 and they're weren't
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 6:56pm
Because there was less demand. We got 90 but less than 900 needed a ticket
AKA pedantic kunt
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

There were spare tickets for Bosnia.

I didnt get a ticket from FAI for that game.Got turned down and when I queried it was told allocation was sold out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic