Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel Pearson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:21pm
Jokeshop. The scum in the stands have free licence to do what they want and the pro's just have to sick it up.
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Jokeshop. The scum in the stands have free licence to do what they want and the pro's just have to sick it up.

Can't agree with ya on this pal, goes for everyone working within a football club from top to bottom. 
His outburst probably came from frustration but it's a workplace where you need really thick skin.

And if I reacted by telling someone to f**k off and die I'd probably get fired, and Gus Poyet will come and sh*t on my bathroom floor.
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by Landon Donovan Landon Donovan wrote:

Can't agree with ya on this pal, goes for everyone working within a football club from top to bottom. 
His outburst probably came from frustration but it's a workplace where you need really thick skin.

And if I reacted by telling someone to f**k off and die I'd probably get fired, and Gus Poyet will come and sh*t on my bathroom floor.

I see what you are saying but I think that should be just left to a club matter rather than the FA getting involved. If he went out and did a Cantona then yes.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 5:25pm
I just cannot see Nigel doing an Eric or a Joel, they don't seem his type
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:06am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

he is a bit of a bore but i make him right on this Maxim

liverpool are out of form and leicester are struggling but some Leicester fans have an air of entitlement about them. Oh look at us in our big bland stadium throwing a few quid around in the Championship. We belong in the holy grail of the premier league.

We were their bogey team ilast few years in the championship and they could not believe they used to lose regularly to a badly behaved small poor club from south east london : )

Is that why Leicester did the double over Millwall last year?
https://www.orourkeda.blog

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2014 at 10:09am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Given on emergency loan wouldnt be the worst of ideas.

Shay Given kicking a ball in PL ever again would be a horrific idea. Still, someone has to pay for his divorce.
https://www.orourkeda.blog

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2014 at 8:03am

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson has urged his men to ignore the taunts after Paul Konchesky was the victim of online abuse.

The 33-year-old has received Twitter taunts after his poor back pass allowed Andy Carroll to score in the Foxes' 2-0 defeat at West Ham on Saturday.

It kept them bottom of the Premier League and winless in their last 12 games ahead of Boxing Day's visit of Tottenham.

Pearson himself has been in hot water after an argument with a fan saw him hit with a one-game touchline ban, which he will serve on Friday.

But with Leicester five points from the safety line Pearson urged his men to ignore the critics.

"My job as manager is to prepare them as players for the next game, that's my view on it," he said.

"If you're not getting the results you want, if we're coming in for criticism for our league position and the run of games that's been going on too long, we have to accept at times people are going to be obnoxious.

"In many ways it's an incentive for us to turn it around - we want to do that for ourselves anyway.

"Other people's way of dealing with it is probably an indicator of how shallow some are."

Pearson will watch Boxing Day's game from the stands, where he often sits, after deciding not to fight the FA charge of misconduct.

Nigel Pearson's Leicester club are buried in the relegation zone ahead of their weekend match with Tottenham.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Drumaville View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumaville Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2014 at 1:29pm
Hulls result has saved Pearson's job for a another couple of games.
Double Maxim draught in the Derry pub now you are talking.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2014 at 6:47am
NP must be looking nervously over his shoulder with all these recent management changes in the EPL.
Jonesy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2015 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

NP must be looking nervously over his shoulder with all these recent management changes in the EPL.

Liverpool result has bought Pearson some time.
Get Double Maxim in the Clarehall Dublin Tesco ASAP
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2015 at 12:27am

Leicester manager Nigel Pearson has called for a greater use of television technology to decide controversial moments. It comes after the Foxes conceded a dubious penalty in their 2-2 draw at Liverpool. (Times, subscription required) 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 2015 at 10:23pm

Mark Schwarzer: Leicester City sign Chelsea goalkeeper

Leicester City have signed keeper Mark Schwarzer on a free transfer from fellow Premier League club Chelsea.

The 42-year-old has agreed a deal until June 2016 and could play against Aston Villa on Saturday with regular first-choice Kasper Schmeichel injured.

Schwarzer has made 508 Premier League appearances during spells at Middlesbrough, Fulham and Chelsea.

"I'm delighted we've been able to sign a player of Mark's vast experience," said Foxes boss Nigel Pearson.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2015 at 11:43pm

Leicester City have agreed a deal to sign 23-year-old Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric for a club record fee, subject to a work permit being granted.

A price, thought to be more than £9m, has been set with his club FC Rijeka and Kramaric has undergone a medical.

The forward has also agreed terms on a contract that runs until June 2018.

Chelsea were also interested in Kramaric, who has scored 28 goals in 24 appearances for his club and national team this season.

Kramaric played for Dinamo Zagreb between 2009 and 2013, before moving to FC Rijeka.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2015 at 5:59am

Shaun Maloney: Leicester City agree fee for Wigan midfielder

Leicester City have agreed a fee with Wigan for Scotland midfielder Shaun Maloney.

The 31-year-old will undergo a medical before completing his move to the King Power Stadium for a fee believed to be just under £1m.

Maloney joined Wigan from Celtic in 2011 and has 37 Scotland caps.

Leicester are bottom of the Premier League, three points from safety, while Wigan are second-bottom in the Championship.

Maloney's contract at the DW Stadium is due to run out in the summer.

He has been linked with a return to Celtic or a move to Major League Soccer but was thought to prefer to extend his stay in English football.

Leicester have already completed the transfer of Chelsea goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer this month and have also agreed a club record fee of £9m for FC Rijeka's Croatia striker Andrej Kramaric.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2015 at 6:35am

Is the Maloney deal completely dead for Leicester? If so could he become a Bhoy again?
gary rowell View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary rowell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2015 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Is the Maloney deal completely dead for Leicester? If so could he become a Bhoy again?

I doubt Celtic would pay the wee mans wage demands.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2015 at 11:02am

I snubbed Chelsea to join Leicester City says £9 million striker Andrej Kramaric

The Croatian said the prospect of playing more games for Foxes was more appealing than Premier League leaders

• Leicester's £9million record signing Andrej Kramaric has admitted he chose the Foxes over Chelsea, because they were more likely to play him.

Striker Kramaric, 23, will now spearhead Leicester’s fight against relegation.

The Croatian said: “Chelsea is the biggest team in the Premier League, but I chose Leicester because I feel something good here.

“I think I will play much more here and I hope we will stay in the Premier League.”

Kramaric has scored 28 times in 24 appearances for his club and national team this season. He played for Dinamo Zagreb between 2009 and 2013, before moving to FC Rijeka.

After securing a work permit for him last week, Leicester boss Nigel Pearson said: “We’ve watched Andrej for a long time. We knew we were signing a player that could add great quality to English football.”

Edited by Double Maxim - 22 Jan 2015 at 11:02am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2015 at 11:48pm

Two months after being banned for a game and fined £10,000 for swearing at one of his own side’s fans, Nigel Pearson was involved in another incident in his technical area – the Leicester manager appearing to put his hands around the neck of Crystal Palace’s James McArthur.

The confrontation happened when the midfielder accidentally knocked Pearson over. The manager reacted by grabbing McArthur and holding on to his shirt even when both were back on their feet. Asked why he had refused to let go of McArthur, who almost joined Leicester last summer only for the club’s two bids of £5m and £7m to be rejected by Wigan, Pearson said: “Because he said something to me.” Asked to elaborate, he replied: “I don’t have to reveal anything, do I? I’m more than capable of looking after myself.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic