You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nigel Pearson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nigel Pearson
    Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 6:56am
I can't see NP lasting long after having a go at the Leicester fans.

Leicester boss Nigel Pearson says fans can 'stay at home'

Nigel Pearson said Leicester fans can "stay at home" if they cannot recognise the efforts of the team and admitted to an altercation with a supporter during the 3-1 loss at home to Liverpool.

The defeat left the Foxes at the bottom of the table, having now lost seven of their last nine league games.

"I had a spat with a fan towards the end," Pearson, 51, said.

"If they cannot see the players are having a proper go maybe they need to stay at home."

Pearson, who led Leicester to the Championship title last season, added his players were giving their all.

"I will always look for the positives," he said. "It is very easy for people to look at what we are not good at.

"I don't like the commitment of my players being questioned. If they honestly think they are not committed, they are very wrong. Maybe that is why I stay in the stand."

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 9:36am
he is a bit of a bore but i make him right on this Maxim

liverpool are out of form and leicester are struggling but some Leicester fans have an air of entitlement about them. Oh look at us in our big bland stadium throwing a few quid around in the Championship. We belong in the holy grail of the premier league.

We were their bogey team ilast few years in the championship and they could not believe they used to lose regularly to a badly behaved small poor club from south east london : )

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:03am
Also said this about sky sports news

And he then turned on the broadcaster in his press conference, saying: 'I find some of the - I don't know what you call them - presenters are particularly irritating.' 
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:56am
He'd want to come out of the stands for starters. Get down pitch side.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
savo01 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote savo01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 10:58am
You've got no fans!!!!!!
You want some?
I'll give it yer!
The Leicestershire Raider!
Jackie Charlton, Eoin Hand
Johnny Giles. Ireland
Mick McCarthy, Stephen Staunton
Cascarino
Tony Galvin, Niall Quinn
Packie doesn't let em in
North of Ireland
South of Ireland
Only one can go
The U View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 12:50pm
From watching on tv didn't see much wrong with the reception they got at the end but he must have noticed a good few for a statement like that. Couldn't fault any of the Leicester players for effort this season
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2014 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Also said this about sky sports news

<span style="font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: normal;">And he then turned on the broadcaster in his press conference, saying: 'I find some of the - I don't know what you call them - presenters are particularly irritating.' </span>

Well said
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 5:59am

Leicester City are investigating an altercation between manager Nigel Pearson and a section of fans after Tuesday's 3-1 defeat at home to Liverpool. (Leicester Mercury
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2014 at 10:46am
Anything to Freddie?
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:10am
There is a video on Facebook (can't post it) of fans screaming abuse at him and he tells them to f**k off.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:12am
"F**k off and die" his response actually is

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

"F**k off and die" his response actually is

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2014 at 12:06pm
Person got hammered off the journos on the Sunday Supplement on sky this morning over his pop at the fans but they also said that his job was safe.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2014 at 5:52pm

Leicester City: FA probes Nigel Pearson fan altercation

The Football Association has asked Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson to give his version of events after reviewing footage of his altercation with a fan.

Pearson refused to apologise after the incident during last week's 3-1 Premier League defeat by Liverpool.

The 51-year-old has until 6pm on Wednesday, December 10 to respond.

Leicester are bottom of the table after failing to win since beating Manchester United 5-3 in September .

Supporters' groups have urged Pearson to say sorry, but he said: "I've had run-ins with fans in the past and sometimes, in the heat of the moment, these things happen.

"But there certainly won't be any apology, let's put it like that."

Leicester host Manchester City in the Premier League on Saturday

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 7:32am
More bad news  for Pearson and Leicester.

Schmeichel blow to Foxes’ survival hopes

Friday, December 12, 2014
By Nick Mash*ter

Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel has been ruled out until next year after breaking a metatarsal in training.

The 28-year-old is due to have an operation on his foot today after suffering the injury yesterday in a huge blow to the Foxes’ survival hopes. Ben Hamer is set to deputise — starting against Manchester City tomorrow — after boss Nigel Pearson announced the news.

He said: “It’s very unfortunate, clearly the lad is distressed about it and he will be a miss for us but, again, you have to deal with it. We can’t change it.

“An optimistic view would be four to six weeks but it could be longer, we don’t know.

“There was no contact, it’s just foot to the floor, I didn’t see a twist and these things happen.”

Pearson has been charged by the Football Association in the wake of his heated touchline row with a fan.

It is alleged the Foxes boss used abusive and/or insulting words towards a spectator during last week’s 3-1 defeat to Liverpool at the King Power Stadium.

Meanwhile Pearson has been charged by the Football Association after his heated touchline row with a fan.

He has until 6pm on December 16 to respond.

© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 8:03am

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson backed by peers after fan with row: 'You said what rest us want to say'

Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson has been charged by the FA after his touchline row with a fan but his peers have been quick to back him

< media=print> .newGigyaShare { display: none !important; }
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
LinkedIn
Email
Leicester City manager Nigel Pearson backed by peers after fan with row: You said what we want to say
In hot water: Nigel Pearson has been charged by FA for foul-mouthed rant at fan Photo: PA
< =2014-12-11 itemprop="datePublished">

Nigel Pearson is one of the most measured, thoughtful managers in the country so it was a warning sign of the pressures his profession is under when even he snapped at an abusive fan, an offence that brought a Football Association charge on Thursday.

The Leicester City manager remained phlegmatic when being alerted of the FA’s decision in the afternoon, just as he stayed calm earlier in the day despite the deep frustration after one of his best players this season, Kasper Schmeichel, broke a metatarsal in training. Leicester’s goalkeeper undergoes an operation today and will be out for “four to six weeks”, according to his manager.

Football is fickle. One moment Schmeichel was visiting schoolchildren in hospital, handing out presents, the next he was being booked in for surgery. One moment Pearson was being lauded for masterminding a famous 5-3 defeat of Manchester United, the next he was enduring criticism from some of his own supporters.

The language used by Pearson to the stroppy fan after the 3-1 home defeat by Liverpool, notably the far from Wildean “f--- off and die”, was undeniably wrong but the 51-year-old argued he was simply “protecting his players”. Managers are well remunerated to withstand the assorted stresses and strains of their trade. Pearson himself is particularly well equipped to keep his profession in perspective as he understands the real life-and-death demands placed on others, notably friends of his in the Armed Forces. Yet the targeting of managers by supporters has been a notable, and nasty feature of the season, whether inflicted on Paul Lambert, Brendan Rodgers, Alan Pardew, Arsène Wenger, Alan Irvine or Pearson himself.

Pearson was the manager who bit back, who gave some of the haters a dose of their own medicine and his delighted peers have been quick to back him. “You said what all the rest of us wanted to say,’’ one distinguished manager told Pearson. “When I speak to other managers they have empathy for my situation,’’ continued Pearson, sitting in his private match-day lounge at the King Power Stadium. “They’ve been there. They understand what it is like.’’

“I remember at Shrewsbury Town and the dugout was the size of this sofa, built with breeze blocks, and there’d be the physio and Fred who used to go and get the ball out of the river in his coracle, smoking a fag,’’ recalled Pearson. “Then we introduced technical areas and they’ve become a stage. There’s an expectation to behave a certain way and I’ve been criticised for being up in the stand!

“One journalist said to me: ‘I was listening to a phone-in on the way back from the QPR game and one of your fans said it was a disgrace you being in the stands, it shows that you’re lacking passion’. Then lo and behold I’ve got an FA charge. I should know better. I’ll do what I think is right for the team. If I felt me being visible to the players would help them, I’d be there. You can be there giving encouragement but when Wes Morgan got sent off [against Liverpool], Liam Moore was going to go on. I changed the decision at the last second, and of course there was criticism from fans around the technical area, saying, ‘You don’t know what you’re doing’. But Andrew Neville [Leicester’s football director sitting alongside in the stands] had just said to me: ‘Liam’s on four bookings. If he goes on and gets booked, he won’t be available for Aston Villa at the weekend’. If I’d been in the technical area, Liam would have gone on. I wouldn’t have known.’’

Pearson deliberately wants to be detached from the sturm and drang of the technical area. “Sometimes you can get bogged down with other people’s emotions,’’ he added, annoyed at the FA charge. “It’s something we could all do without. It’s only really got legs because somebody videoed it. It’s like selfies. Everyone wants a selfie now.” He leaned back on the sofa, looking across at the famous, signed photograph of one of his idols, Sir Ian Botham, in the England dressing room, drawing on a small cigar. Botham was a marvellous sporting maverick who frequently upset the blazers who run English sports. Pearson, a League Cup winner with Sheffield Wednesday in 1991, would never dream of comparing himself with Botham but he also deserves some respect from the authorities.

Pearson should be celebrated, not banned. When the FA talks to Pearson, its inquisitors should also listen to his enlightened beliefs on why referees should have access to video technology, on his views on revolutionising youth development and on the concerns held by many managers of the proximity of fans to the dugout.

It should hear his support for the likes of Wenger, who was greeted at the Emirates with a banner held by some Arsenal fans that read: “Thanks for the memories but it’s time to say goodbye.” Pearson was shocked. “I don’t know how that can happen. That’s appalling for someone who has fundamentally changed the club and won a trophy last season. I find it bemusing that people’s tolerance is so short-lived.

“It’s society. Football is just a conduit for people’s anger. With the amount of political correctness in life now, people almost need a vehicle to show their emotions. I find myself at times being judgmental of people on things I’m not qualified to be judgmental about like the news, what’s happening throughout the world.’’

Pearson himself has to deal with speculation about his job, despite getting Leicester promoted, despite orchestrating defeats like that of United, despite working on a limited budget although he has money to spend in the January window (especially on a keeper in Schmeichel’s absence). “I have had up to now a very good working relationship with the [Thai] owners. Ultimately, they will make decisions which they feel is right for the football club. I’ve just changed my phone, so nobody has got my number. But the owners have got it! If I get the call, I get the call.

“I don’t enjoy being in situations like this. I want to be successful. But I also recognise that you are going to have difficult times and if you are in charge you have got to be somebody who other people can draw strength from. We all need support. I get mine from my family, the staff, players. My wife is very supportive. I’m sure I’m b----- hard work at times. In fact I know I am.’’

Can he switch off when he walks through the door at home? “I’d love to say yes but I’d be a liar. Family life is important, having normality is important. I haven’t got many friends! I’m not as thick-skinned as some people.”

The long drive from home to training and back allows him to clear his head. “I don’t listen to the radio. A lot of the time I listen to nothing. What a miserable b------! I listen to audiobooks, Tom Sharpe at the moment. Good writer. Ancestral Vices is what I’m listening to.

“I hear some managers talking about football is their life but it’s my job. I’d still find it difficult to walk away. It’s easier to walk away if you’ve finished on a high, not in the midst of difficult times. Other people’s livelihoods are dependent on you. Of course I think about it. Loyalty is a very important quality.

“We’ve started the season with not a great deal of actual pressure on the players. There’s that romantic notion of ‘glad to be here’, everybody’s caught up in the elation of being back in the Premier League and pressure is a million miles away.” Then reality bites. “We have some players not in their best form but they are honest. What I’m pleased about is I’ve not seen anybody hide. Maybe I am an eternal optimist.’’

So he was pleased by the Leicester fans’ backing of him at Villa Park on Sunday. “That’s not going to be everybody but they [away fans] always are important. I just hope the fans stay behind the players during games. That’s the important thing.’’

When the FA judges question Pearson, they might be tempted to ask one of the most principled managers in the Premier League about his determination to keep Leicester up without resorting to the hounding of referees that certain other teams do instinctively.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2014 at 9:01am
Given on emergency loan wouldnt be the worst of ideas.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2014 at 6:29am

Leicester City’s manager, Nigel Pearson, has received a £10,000 fine and a one-match touchline ban following his altercation with a supporter last month.

The 51-year-old had a personal hearing in front of an independent regulatory commission on Friday after accepting the Football Association’s charge of using “abusive and/or insulting words towards a spectator” during a 3-1 home defeat by Liverpool. Pearson had refused to apologise despite calls from the Leicester City Supporters Club to say sorry.

The FA said Pearson, who has the right to an appeal, had also been warned as to his future conduct. “The sanction will not come into effect until the end of the appeal period,” the governing body said.

A statement from Leicester stated Pearson and his representatives had requested written reasons for the sanctions. It continued: “The club has concluded an internal review of the incident during the Liverpool fixture and considers its own review to be closed.”

Pearson, who usually watches from the stands, was bullish after the incident. He said: “I’ve had run-ins with fans in the past and in the heat of the moment these things happen. I’m not going to repeat what happened on either side. I’m very keen to protect myself and my players. I’m more than happy to stand up for myself in that situation. If people were offended then that is regrettable. But there is no need to apologise to somebody of that ilk.”

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic