Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His appearances on TV are probably necessary though. The image of the FAI since Gibraltar has never been as low. Quinn is a popular and recognisable face who can help to restore a positive image to the association when it's needed most. 

Greater investment and funding could be a bi-product of these appearances.

He didn't give everybody in the audience a ticket
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2020 at 10:53am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

His appearances on TV are probably necessary though. The image of the FAI since Gibraltar has never been as low. Quinn is a popular and recognisable face who can help to restore a positive image to the association when it's needed most. 

Greater investment and funding could be a bi-product of these appearances.

Exactly , the FAI need some good PR and it plays well with the public 

It should also strengthen his hand in getting rid of the old guard some of whom are determined to cling on
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 9:06am

Speculation on social media that Niall Quinn is to become the Director of the League of Ireland?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 11:01am
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

You can take it for gospel from me and I do know Niall Quinn does not want to be CEO of the FAI. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 2:32pm
And I very much stand over that comment!
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 3:39pm
My question was missing from the post.

It said do you still think this? which you've answered Thumbs Up
It would damage this forums' reputation
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2020 at 3:49pm
He's after getting involved in LOI restart and promotion of the league so I think he has to see it thru now.
I know the league well and without substantial financial investment in all clubs from bottom to top, underage to first team, board room to fans ... it won't move on. Where that financial investment will come from ???
I know Niall is trying his best get funds in but in this current climate where will that come from.
I know its been said here in lots of threads but game here especially LOI is in a perilous position. It was progressing slowly but that's totally set back because of FAI mess and now COVID.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2020 at 8:19am
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2020 at 10:12pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 7:42pm
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:00pm
After having to endure him on co comms for the United match, my potential interest in this doc has been blunted
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:28pm
Watched him on Virgin last night, he comes across as quite boring to some but he’s very quick witted and he’s genuinely a lovely fella. I was on my holidays in Thailand about 10 years ago and one day I was down by the pool and Quinner and John Barnes of all people walked past. I made the typical Irish “howya lads” wave across the pool at the them. Barnes gave a half a wave and Quinn didn’t acknowledge. I was mortified until about 10 mins later he strolled over with a beer and sat down beside me. Spent a good few minutes chatting and next minute Barnes strolled over and sits down on the opposite side of me. My wife came down and didn’t cop who either of them were. They were there with another footballer but for the life of me I can’t remember who it was. Quinn offered us both to join them for dinner that night but the wife wasn’t keen on it. A genuinely nice man who I can’t say a bad word about.

Edited by bundy - 18 Feb 2021 at 10:28pm
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:36pm
Ah ya Quinn always seemed like a sound man. When tou look back at some of the goals he scored i think hes underrated. He scored some savage goals for City back in the day. Real quality. Plus its younger hes getting. He never seems to age atal. Lucky him LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Watched him on Virgin last night, he comes across as quite boring to some but he’s very quick witted and he’s genuinely a lovely fella. I was on my holidays in Thailand about 10 years ago and one day I was down by the pool and Quinner and John Barnes of all people walked past. I made the typical Irish “howya lads” wave across the pool at the them. Barnes gave a half a wave and Quinn didn’t acknowledge. I was mortified until about 10 mins later he strolled over with a beer and sat down beside me. Spent a good few minutes chatting and next minute Barnes strolled over and sits down on the opposite side of me. My wife came down and didn’t cop who either of them were. They were there with another footballer but for the life of me I can’t remember who it was. Quinn offered us both to join them for dinner that night but the wife wasn’t keen on it. A genuinely nice man who I can’t say a bad word about.

Is your wife a Celtic fan ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 10:44pm

Bundy ffs you should've put the foot down Tongue . You could promise to do to whatever she wanted for rest of the holiday especially when he invited you for dinner. Wink 

I'd say Quinn is a decent skin and I never liked or found that snidey 'Mother Theresa' label that the Saipan deserter tagged him with. 

Edited by irishmufc - 18 Feb 2021 at 10:45pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:04pm
Signing his youngfella's birthday card "Best Wishes Niall Quinn" LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:09pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Bundy ffs you should've put the foot down Tongue . You could promise to do to whatever she wanted for rest of the holiday especially when he invited you for dinner. Wink 

I'd say Quinn is a decent skin and I never liked or found that snidey 'Mother Theresa' label that the Saipan deserter tagged him with. 
Never mind putting the foot down, I would have divorced her on the spot. LOLWink
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 11:13pm
Bought a load of Mons lottos off me in the Berkeley back in the day when I plagued everyone to buy them. Clap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic