You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Niall Quinn

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm
Good to see the Quinner saying what we all think about the FAI.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:34pm
With recent events re the FAI will Niall be interested in a senior job with the FAI now?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
Well we don't want another celebrity sports admin and he didn't do too well at Sunderland either. Then again he's such a nice bloke...
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 3:58pm
I don't want to have a clue who the CEO of the FAI is beyond his name and the occasional soundbite. The way it should be

Edited by OnTheOneRoad - 16 Apr 2019 at 3:58pm
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by OnTheOneRoad OnTheOneRoad wrote:

I don't want to have a clue who the CEO of the FAI is beyond his name and the occasional soundbite. The way it should be
Clap In one.

Whatever about anything else, and there is probably  loads more to come, the videos of him acting like a fan while representing the association abroad should have had him out on his ear. Has anybody ever heard of an official from another association going to take the acclaim of the fans after a match? Or with several videos of them in various states of drunkenness abroad? He may well have a problem with it, if he does I hope he can get it under control, but it was a massive signal that things were wrong. He was constantly acting in a manner that showed he was unsuitable for the rule. It is scandalous it has come to this.

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:17pm
I think he is the only man for the job .Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:22pm
Niall Quinn was in Government Buildings today giving a presentation on way forward for Sports Bodies.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

I think he is the only man for the job .Thumbs Up

I think he would be a good candidate but,I would be looking for the best person for the job regardless of where there from in the world. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
We wouldn't have a notion who the best person for the job is.
ontheball View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ontheball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by ProudAndLoud ProudAndLoud wrote:

Niall Quinn was in Government Buildings today giving a presentation on way forward for Sports Bodies.

Yes, he spoke very well. Comes across as CEO material.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:26pm
There would be plenty of outstanding candidates from around the world who would be interested in this position I'm sure, so I wouldn't be too keen to pin all of our hopes just on Niall Quinn getting it.

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:27pm

YBIG Mandate committee were also giving a presentation at that Oireachtas briefing. It wasn't about Sports bodies, it was specifically about football. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ProudAndLoud View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudAndLoud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:30pm
Yep I got that wrong. Well done to all.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

YBIG Mandate committee were also giving a presentation at that Oireachtas briefing. It wasn't about Sports bodies, it was specifically about football. 

Are you able to tell us more background to this at this stage ?
KING-CON View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KING-CON Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:06pm
Originally posted by Icy Bread People Icy Bread People wrote:

Well we don't want another celebrity sports admin and he didn't do too well at Sunderland either. Then again he's such a nice bloke...

Confused
He got Sunderland promoted in his first year and sold the club onto someone with way better resources than he or the Drumaville Consortium had available. You can’t blame him for anything that happened under Ellis Short. Quinn did a great job at Sunderland. What did you expect him to do? 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

We're working on a Starting 11 point plan for the future of Irish football. We shared a draft today and will share with members after more work. It's common sense stuff based on studying what's been done or proposed elsewhere.

We've been engaging with various stakeholders from before the current scandal started and will continue to do so.  
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:26pm
Thumbs Up
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2019 at 5:49pm

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

We're working on a Starting 11 point plan for the future of Irish football. We shared a draft today and will share with members after more work. It's common sense stuff based on studying what's been done or proposed elsewhere.

We've been engaging with various stakeholders from before the current scandal started and will continue to do so.  
Great to hearClap and good to hear there’s been a follow up to the meeting in the Beachcomber 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 23>
  Share Topic