You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 128>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:04am

Listening to David McWilliams on the subject he thinks, from an economic viewpoint, that a United Ireland is certainly viable and would be productive in the mid and long term. 
El Puto Amo
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 10:17am
MLM’s interview with the journal is odd, and another example of why I just won’t take Sinn Fein seriously about Brexit. I really would be interested to know if they would be cheerleading an exit if Labour has been responsible for the vote and the plan, or ifnother Government’s on mainland Europe decided to leave.

She seems to reduce it down to an “English” question, and for some reason believes that Sinn Fein should stay out of it. This is absolute tripe. Neither Fintan O Toole’s suggestion made resonance, nor is she considering any moves towards a discussion about the abstentionist policy. She also trots the line that the people mandated Brexit, which is very much the language of those who are cheerleading Brexit.

Essentially again, Sinn Fein, hurling from the ditch.
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:02am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Nearly every poll that was created, shows that the 26 are in favor of a UI,(hence your attention seeking opposition to it.) similiar in the occupied 6 too

You should read what Senator Mark Daly has to say about it. He is commissioned by the government to provide a feasibility report on it.

where are these polls? was it just one question that they asked or multiple questions? 
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2019 at 11:03am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Listening to David McWilliams on the subject he thinks, from an economic viewpoint, that a United Ireland is certainly viable and would be productive in the mid and long term. 
Most economic studies into it would agree with him. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2019 at 9:27pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:39pm
Only getting to watch the Peter Taylor interview now 'My journey through the Troubles' excellent insight from a very respected journalist.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2019 at 9:46pm
Yeah it was a fantastic show 
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:46am
With the Brexit referendum, the election of populists like Trump, Boris, Bolsanaro, Salvini etc. you could argue that the whole world is copying the Northern Ireland model of politics.

Polarisingly tribal?
Blatant ignoring of any facts that don't suit your argument?
Compromise a dirty word?
Potential to turn violent?

Yup, Northern Ireland politics did it first!  Make me so proud...
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:07am
When was Boris elected?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:08am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

When was Boris elected?

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 11:33am

Only getting to watch the Peter Taylor interview now 'My journey through the Troubles' excellent insight from a very respected journalist.

Read his book "Provos: The IRA and Sinn Fein" which was excellent. He did a 5 part documentary by the same topic too which was also excellent.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 1:17pm
N
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Read his book "Provos: The IRA and Sinn Fein" which was excellent. He did a 5 part documentary by the same topic too which was also excellent.
He did the same on loyalism, all very well put together. Where can you see this one?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 5:54pm
Ye he does a great job at being impartial. I watched it on YouTube, but not sure if there still on there, it was a few years ago when I watched them.

Edited by The Huntacha - 27 Aug 2019 at 5:55pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2019 at 10:50pm

Ye he does a great job at being impartial. I watched it on YouTube, but not sure if there still on there, it was a few years ago when I watched them.

“if there still on there”
LOLLOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 11:58am
I'd be better off just burning that English degree LOL
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:00pm

You're a teacher aren't you ? 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 12:03pm
PE & English.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2019 at 4:07pm

LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6364656667 128>
  Share Topic