You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

North of Ireland Politics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 128>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Jesus poor Marty looks ill...no way he can hold down the dfm post? Who's to replace him,??

Pearse Doherty should go North
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:25pm
Foster should have stood aside. Foolish on her part.

This is smart from Sinn Fein: they are hoping that those DUP assembly members who think their seats might be at risk (given this scandal *and* the decrease in the number of MLAs after the next election) there could be a number of DUP MLAs who want to knife her, to save their own hides.

There are very real dangers for the DUP of losing a seat (or more than one, in some cases) in East Antrim, South Antrim, North Belfast, South Belfast, East Belfast, North Down, Mid Ulster and a few more. The sitting MLAs won't want to lose a their seats and a healthy income. A lot of her own MLAs right now will be putting out feelers to see who is up for shafting her. They have a week so it might happen yet if a substantial number of DUP MLAs are motivated by self-preservation. Get rid of her as leader, agree to nominate another first minister and then the ball is back in Sinn Fein's court.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 09 Jan 2017 at 6:37pm
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Jesus poor Marty looks ill...no way he can hold down the dfm post? Who's to replace him,??

I'd take that myself, reinforces the all Ireland structure of the Party but I can't see it happening. Sinn fein still have too much work to do down south. I'd like too see Gerry Kelly take it purely to wind up the unionists.
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:52pm
Despite knowing Martin McGuinness was ill, it was still a shock and quite upsetting to see him appearing so frail on the news there.

A great, great Irishman and always a man of principle. 
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Despite knowing Martin McGuinness was ill, it was still a shock and quite upsetting to see him appearing so frail on the news there.

A great, great Irishman and always a man of principle. 

Couldn't agree more! Always was more likable than Adams. I voted for him in the presidential election. Difficult looking at him in that poor state on the news. I hope he beats this illness and retires immediately. He owes the country nothing at this stage
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 6:59pm
I still struggle to get over the fact that he had a direct hand in killing people. 
I do admire the journey he has gone on though in the same way that I do for the likes of Peter Robinson and Ian Paisley even if their politics is totally different to mine. 
I do think McGuinness has done a good job in the deputy first minister role. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:06pm

I'd take that myself, reinforces the all Ireland structure of the Party but I can't see it happening. Sinn fein still have too much work to do down south. I'd like too see Gerry Kelly take it purely to wind up the unionists.

I f**king love Gerry Kelly. He gets under their skin to much.

I'd say Ó Muilleoir might get it though.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I still struggle to get over the fact that he had a direct hand in killing people. 
I do admire the journey he has gone on though in the same way that I do for the likes of Peter Robinson and Ian Paisley even if their politics is totally different to mine. 

The head of every country kills people. You only need to look at the UK's history in the middle east over the last few decades? The death toll of civilians must be in the millions at this stage.

What has Robinson or Paisley done that you like? apart from watching some kid f**k his wife.

Paisley was one of the main instigators of the Troubles in the North ffs.

Edited by horsebox - 09 Jan 2017 at 7:12pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

The head of every country kills people. 

They don't. They really don't.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:14pm

The head of every country kills people. You only need to look at the UK's history in the middle east over the last few decades? The death toll of civilians must be in the millions at this stage.

What has Robinson or Paisley done that you like? apart from watching some kid f**k his wife.

Yeah, Paisley was a nasty, dangerous individual for many years yet towards the end of his political life he appeared to be a lot more "inclusive" in his views. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:17pm

Yeah, Paisley was a nasty, dangerous individual for many years yet towards the end of his political life he appeared to be a lot more "inclusive" in his views. 

Yep,

Probably trying to improve his image of his legacy.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:20pm

Yep,

Probably trying to improve his image of his legacy.

Very possibly so.

Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:28pm
A strong woman would be the ideal DFM and do wonders for Sinn Fein.
Difficult to know who that could be.
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Kevboy View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kevboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:30pm
Shocked to see how ill Martin McGuinness looked & sounded. Whatever your political persuasion, always difficult to see someone struggle with his health in such a short period of time.  
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

A strong woman would be the ideal DFM and do wonders for Sinn Fein.
Difficult to know who that could be.

Michelle O'Neill, Caral ni Chuilin, Michelle Gildermew. Megan fearon in future
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:47pm

Gerry Kelly is some craic and is genuinely really funny, bit of a wind up merchant too. Was at a talk about the maze prison escape few months ago and he was some value!
corkery View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote corkery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 7:57pm
I'd say he was planning on going soon and this is the right opportunity.
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2017 at 8:04pm
DUP statement.

I am disappointed that Martin McGuinness has chosen to take the position he has today.

His actions have meant that, at precisely the time we need our Government to be active, we will have no government and no way to resolve the RHI problems.

It is clear that Sinn Fein’s actions are not principled they are political.

Let me make it clear the DUP will always defend unionism and stand up for what is best for Northern Ireland and it appears from the Deputy First Minister’s resignation letter that is what annoys Sinn Fein the most.

Edited by horsebox - 09 Jan 2017 at 8:04pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 128>
  Share Topic