You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 329>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:21pm
Alex Smith out for Washington
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by hulkhogan hulkhogan wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Been to many a bills game. Real blue collar town and the tail gating is madness
 Great spot for a pub crawl and night out and of course their wings are delicious. Delighted for them

What had you over there? 

Live in Toronto so try get down once a season. sh*t we can't go this year

Nice, handy drive down, Toronto is a great city too, albeit I'm glad the Toronto series is over 

Very sh*t alright, be a lot of Bills fans in Toronto too, had planned a trip myself for the Steelers game, had the tickets and a hotel booked near Allentown, was due to Tampa for the SuperBowl too, so be it 

Edited by nvidic - 09 Jan 2021 at 10:26pm
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:48pm

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Great to see the Bills through though I’d say the Bills Mafia are sick it’s happened this year 

Hadn’t a notion about American football when I went to a Bills-Pats match in Orchard Park back in 2016. Fell in love with it that day after seeing the mayhem of a Bills tailgate - Irish away matches are very feeble in comparison! 

First year in 7 I haven’t been there this month for work through Superbowl but I reckon they’ll be in the thick of things next year and probably will be better for it - fingers crossed. They’re sports mad and Buffalo a fine town for pinting

It's a different world over there! Definitely makes an away day with Ireland seem very, very tame, that bus you told me about was ridiculous, never see anything like that here - whiskey being poured down your throat at 10am

Definitely the feeling of it being bittersweet this is the year they've gotten this good 

Ah ye I’m sure it was an enjoyable day - that’s a great bar (my local for the few weeks I’m there). Up there with my best sporting occasions I’ve been at despite not having a clue what was going on.. I know a lot more now! 

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:50pm

Been to many a bills game. Real blue collar town and the tail gating is madness
 Great spot for a pub crawl and night out and of course their wings are delicious. Delighted for them

What had you over there? 

Live in Toronto so try get down once a season. sh*t we can't go this year

Go over the border most times I’m over - Niagara (as would be with people who haven’t been over before) and Toronto. The early bar closing times (1.30?) in Ontario is a curse. Big plus in Buffalo is  4am closing
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 10:56pm
have a soft spot for all of the blue collar teams such as the Bills and the Packers but esp the Steelers with the Irish links through the Rooney family.  Lucky to meet them and get a tour of the stadium.  Very down to earth considering their wealth.  Gave me a towel too.  Hope the Steelers can do it this year.  Due to play the Bills if they win ? 
AKA pedantic kunt
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:00pm
Agree with all.of that Balders. Have a soft spot for those 3 in particular. If I could get to one game I'd love to go to Lambeau for a game in the freezing cold! Someday hopefully. 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

have a soft spot for all of the blue collar teams such as the Bills and the Packers but esp the Steelers with the Irish links through the Rooney family.  Lucky to meet them and get a tour of the stadium.  Very down to earth considering their wealth.  Gave me a towel too.  Hope the Steelers can do it this year.  Due to play the Bills if they win ? 

Yep, if they win, they'll play Buffalo 

Pretty cool story, how'd you meet them? A shame he never fulfilled his wish of a game in Croker 
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:33pm
https://twitter.com/MissCimato/status/1348017794999320576?s=20

Delaware Avenue / just outside Tap House
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

https://twitter.com/MissCimato/status/1348017794999320576?s=20

Delaware Avenue / just outside Tap House

Was sent that earlier, good to see, love the chair being pushed over LOL
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2021 at 11:41pm

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Yep, if they win, they'll play Buffalo 

Pretty cool story, how'd you meet them? A shame he never fulfilled his wish of a game in Croker 

Was with work.  Pity I couldn’t catch a game as it was during off season.  Would love to hear back to a game. 
AKA pedantic kunt
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

My picks for the weekend:
Bills, Rams, Bucs, Titans, Saints, Browns.

Bills, Bucs and Saints my bankers, the other 3 could go either way.

3 for 3 so far! 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:01am

My picks for the weekend:
Bills, Rams, Bucs, Titans, Saints, Browns.

Bills, Bucs and Saints my bankers, the other 3 could go either way.

3 for 3 so far! 
5/6 correct.

Good weekend of games,

• Bills were poor but did enough to get through.
  • Seahawks were awful, couldn't stop a team with no fit quarterback. They struggles very badly in second half of the season.
  • Didn't see Bucs game, but from highlights Washington didn't embarrass themselves, Heinecke looked decent.
  • Baltimore finally figured out how to stop Derrick Henry, and Jackson looked superb. They're the dark horses.
  • Chicago did a good job at slowing down Saints and hanging in there, but did nothing on offence.
  • Didn't see Cleveland, but saw that result coming a mile away. Cleveland were on a massive momentum run in the last few weeks, Pittsburgh the complete opposite.

Sat 9:30 - Rams @ Packers
Sat late game - Ravens @ Bills
Sun 8pm - Browns @ Chiefs
Sun 11:30 - Bucs @ Saints

Packers will win, I'd love Bills and Browns to win but they've a big ask.  Then Brady V Brees, with Brees to retire if he loses. Has the feeling of a WWE storyline where the loser has to retire.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2021 at 9:13am
Bills Browns would be brilliant!

Very tough game for the Bills, snow is forecast and they're down to one healthy running back, not a great recipe, let's hope the snow stays away during the game 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 12:06pm
Puty the way the fixtures fall this weekend, the two late games are the ones I’d love to watch. Tough to stay up that late wwhen I’ll have the kids waking me up at 6.30

I’ll take: Packers, Bills, Browns, Bucs

Packers look great, Rams have struggled to get this far
Ravens have been on a great roll but gonna run out eventually, Bills will be better than last week I feel.
Browns would be a huge upset, but they’re flying, Chiefs have been feet up for nearly a month now.
I prefer Bucs over Saints, but I’ve a feeling it’ll be lower scoring than most expect.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 1:07pm

Puty the way the fixtures fall this weekend, the two late games are the ones I’d love to watch. Tough to stay up that late wwhen I’ll have the kids waking me up at 6.30

Ravens have been on a great roll but gonna run out eventually, Bills will be better than last week I feel.
Browns would be a huge upset, but they’re flying, Chiefs have been feet up for nearly a month now.
I prefer Bucs over Saints, but I’ve a feeling it’ll be lower scoring than most expect.

I'd pay good money for your predictions to be correct LOL
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:46pm

You'd be sick if they made SuperBowl and ya couldn't go tho.

Are you pulling a late one tonight for the Bills?
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 5:50pm

I'd be delighted and gutted at the same time, I had free accommodation and probably a free ticket too, was going to go regardless this year. If they do manage to somehow win it all I'll get to the season opener if conditions allow 

Yep, been counting down the minutes all day! Will you stay up? 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm

I'd be delighted and gutted at the same time, I had free accommodation and probably a free ticket too, was going to go regardless this year. If they do manage to somehow win it all I'll get to the season opener if conditions allow 

Yep, been counting down the minutes all day! Will you stay up? 
Far beyond my bedtime unfortunately. I'll watch the "early" game. Should have me in bed by 1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 313314315316317 329>
  Share Topic