You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2018 at 11:33pm
F**king NFL tickets for the US are all done through ticketmaster, who geoblock to US customers only.

Arseholes. I presume they don't restrict it to US credit cards only, but they might. I could use a VPN and see what is available.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 24 Apr 2018 at 11:33pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:11am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

F**king NFL tickets for the US are all done through ticketmaster, who geoblock to US customers only.

Arseholes. I presume they don't restrict it to US credit cards only, but they might. I could use a VPN and see what is available.

I've gone over the last two seasons to three different games and have gotten all tickets through ticketmaster without hassle using Irish information and card.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 12:52pm
Yeah but try logging onto ticketmaster USA there now.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 1:14pm
No issue at all, it even suggested I buy Bills - Texans tickets!

Bought tickets to nfl, nhl, nba, US Open all through ticketmaster US in last three years and never an issue.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 5:35pm
Weird. I get a "forbidden" message.
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 6:29pm

Very odd! I just use my Irish ticketmaster details and it works fine, was using chrome earlier if that makes any difference 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2018 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Very odd! I just use my Irish ticketmaster details and it works fine, was using chrome earlier if that makes any difference 
That's really weird, I'm banned too. Never seen that before. I reckon it's a bug. There's a link from the irish site.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:17pm
English FA in talks to sell Wembley to Shahid Khan......
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

London Jaguars it is then surely 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:26pm

If the deal happens it' major step forward to a London based franchise. 

England would still have use of the stadium apart from in the autumn months which is when the NFL season takes place so Khan must plan for it to be in use then 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

If the deal happens it' major step forward to a London based franchise. 

England would still have use of the stadium apart from in the autumn months which is when the NFL season takes place so Khan must plan for it to be in use then 

Would allow the FA to move the smaller games around England similar to what Germany do where they only play the big games in Berlin. 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:40pm
A London franchise imo would fail.

It would almost certainly end the International series of games. Each team would eventually play a game @ the Jags, (over 8 years anyways)
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

It would almost certainly end the International series of games. Each team would eventually play a game @ the Jags, (over 8 years anyways)

I don't see why it couldn't work : Yes, there are things to overcome but nothing that couldn't be got around in my opinion.

Couple of things to bear in mind - The Jags can't move for at least 4 years. Such a move would have to be factored in to the new CBA which is due in 2022.
The NFL have signed a deal with Spurs for the next 10 years so the international series games are likely to continue until then.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:45pm
International Series would move elsewhere most likely Germany I'd say 

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

International Series would move elsewhere most likely Germany I'd say 

Yeah, I'd think so too, amazed they've not had a game yet.

Interesting development and still early days but do think it would work.

Was over in Jax earlier this year and Khan seemed a near God-like figure over there, would be some backlash if they moved.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:05pm

Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

I don't see why it couldn't work : Yes, there are things to overcome but nothing that couldn't be got around in my opinion.

Couple of things to bear in mind - The Jags can't move for at least 4 years. Such a move would have to be factored in to the new CBA which is due in 2022.
The NFL have signed a deal with Spurs for the next 10 years so the international series games are likely to continue until then.

For the record... I'm an incredible cynic towards the International series and NFL-UK relationship in general LOL

I feel the challenges faced by any relocating team increase significantly in this instance.
Has the Jaguars fanbase grown with each London game they've played? I'm not expecting them to fill Wembley but can you realistically expect 50-60'000 for their home games? All of a sudden you'll at least have 8 home games and the numbers who attend every International game in a given year will hardly attend those. The casual fan might do the odd game here or there. And if the Spurs deal remains then does impact upon the casual fan and their choice of games?

What NFL team would have the biggest support in the UK? Has the Jaguars fanbase grown with each London game they've played? I could be wrong but I don't expect figures to be high enough to sustain a competitive franchise for very long.

The logistics aren't a huge issue imo. They are like you said, nothing that can be overcome. However I'm not an NFL owner who'll have to deal with them. Then again, a hefty relocation fee may sway some owners and something Khan can manage.

Relocations are a very interesting aspect of the NFL. You have none for nearly 20 years then all of a sudden they start happening nearly every year! Look at the Rams and the Chargers. The Rams had a fanbase in the city, selling nearly 63'000 season tickets in only their first year back. Given their success on the field, you can expect good things for the franchise in the years ahead.

The Chargers on the other hand endure a season of home games where they were outnumbered by the opposition fans at nearly every home game. And the StubHub Center only held 25'000 And they had to purchase 3 million fake accounts to follow their social media outlets. The situation was so ppor that rumours are circling that they are going to go back to San Diego. I doubt that will happen but the franchise needs serious improvement if they expect to even have a sizeable crowd in the new Inglewood stadium for 2020.

As for the Raiders, I think the Las Vegas deal is a big mistake and the franchise should look closely what happened to the Chargers as they prepare for the years ahead.

You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:10pm
Biggest issue will be sorting out the tax, if they get past that they'll be fine.

Do think it would sell out between season tickets and people going to 1/2 games a year - not to mention tourists. Wouldn't worry about Jags current fanbase, people will latch onto the team who hadn't before now that they can go every two weeks.

Don't agree on Raiders - think they'll get a full house most days, host a Superbowl and increased merchandise sales - $ is king at the end of the day.

Still, can't see this Wembley move happening to be honest, maybe as tennants but not owners.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:20pm
The sounds coming from the FA is that they are keen on this sale.
Worth bearing in mind that they still owe a lot of money on Wembley I believe.

I do see the Jags being financially viable here - It would have made more sense maybe moving in with Spurs as 60,000 would be ideal but I'd be confident that could pull 60,000 to each home game at Wembley which would be a good starting point for them to build on. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 292293294295296 329>
  Share Topic