You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 68>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 1:38pm
Hmmm, I'd take Edelman for Coleman, but not Mixon at the minute.

Let me know.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Hmmm, I'd take Edelman for Coleman, but not Mixon at the minute.

Let me know.
Nah I'll pass, still don't full trust those 49ers with their run in
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:10pm
Not a problem. I still like Mixon because of two factors: one is the return of Andy Dalton and the other is the potential return of AJ Green. The Bengals run game has been improving over the last few weeks and if those other two get back & playing reasonably well, there is a decent chance of increased efficiency on the ground for the Bengals.

I've accepted the trade for Courtland Sutton instead.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:15pm

Not a problem. I still like Mixon because of two factors: one is the return of Andy Dalton and the other is the potential return of AJ Green. The Bengals run game has been improving over the last few weeks and if those other two get back & playing reasonably well, there is a decent chance of increased efficiency on the ground for the Bengals.

sutton relies on 2 or 3 big chunk plays in a game but often gets them hopefully he has a quiet end of the season now Tongue
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 4:23pm
Hah. I might not even play him that much but I'd rather have three decent options at RB & three at WR compared to four & two, which was what I had.

It pains me that I have to drop Kenny Golladay this week but I don't really have a choice: playing the Bears with a rookie QB making his first start isn't exactly a great option.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:50pm
LOLLOLLOL

Well, dropping Golladay was a top move.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 11:37pm

That worked out. Looks like it's going to be very tight across the top of the table after this week. Looking like the table will be as follows:

White Cafu Colts 9-4/8-5
Borussia's Broncos 9-4/8-5
You like that 8-5
Shedite's Silverados 7-6
Super Marino 7-6
Night Trains 7-6
Marshawn of the Dead 6-7
AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 6-7
ParkysUprightChallenge 6-7
The green wizards 5-8
North Galway Tornadoes 5-8
Hooked on a Thielen 4-9

There are far too many head to head combinations to work out all of them this year. Suffice to say, 8 wins will likely be required and 7-7 is not likely to be enough. I might do the 8-6 head to head combinations to see what they are like on Tuesday, after the final results. However, I am not going to look at the 7-7 combinations.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2019 at 11:44pm
Should add, still a decent chance of AFC Bills being 7-6 as well... which would make it more interesting.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
I thought not replacing Drew Brees hindered me but in 7 games where I scored 100+ and another where I got 99.34 resulted in only 3 wins Cry suppose its karma for that season I went 7-0 with favourable matchups.

Edited by Bo Jackson - 02 Dec 2019 at 5:52pm
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:04pm

Should add, still a decent chance of AFC Bills being 7-6 as well... which would make it more interesting.

Had a disaster of a week, none of my swaps worked out 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 2019 at 6:11pm
Yeah, I just saw that. Putting in Kyler Murray over Deshaun Watson might well be what costs you.

It's still going to be very tight for three of the four playoff spots. Only the winner of the White Cafu Colts v Borussia's Broncos game this weekend is going to be in with a week to go.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 12:45pm
Having looked at the head to heads, I've figured out the various scenarios for the week ahead, and what each side should be looking out for:

The table currently looks as follows:
Borussia’s Broncos 9-4
You like that 8-5
The White Cafu Colts 8-5
Shedite’s Silverados 7-6
Super Marino 7-6
The Night Trains 7-6

The individual head to heads for the teams that can end up as 8-5 are as follows:
You like that 1 – 0 The White Cafu Colts
You like that 0 – 1 Shedite’s Silverados
You like that 0 – 1 Super Marino
You like that 0 – 2 The Night Trains
The White Cafu Colts 1 – 0 Shedite’s Silverados
The White Cafu Colts 1 – 1 Super Marino
The White Cafu Colts 1 – 0 The Night Trains
Shedite’s Silverados 1 – 0 Super Marino
Shedite’s Silverados 1 – 0 The Night Trains
Super Marino 1 – 0 The Night Trains

There are any number of combinations of results that leave teams on 8-5 and require tiebreakers, as follows:

If both You like that and the White Cafu Colts lose:
And all three 7-6 teams win: Shedite’s Silverados 3-1 The White Cafu Colts 3-2 Super Marino 3-2 The Night Trains 2-3 You like that 1-4
And Shedite’s Silverados lose: Super Marino 3-1 The White Cafu Colts 2-2 The Night Trains 2-2 You like that 1-3
And Super Marino lose: The White Cafu Colts 2-1 Shedite’s Silverados 2-1 The Night Trains 2-2 You like that 1-3
And The Night Trains lose: Shedite’s Silverados 2-1 Super Marino 2-2 The White Cafu Colts 2-2 You like that 1-2

If you like that lose and the White Cafu Colts win:
And all three 7-6 teams win: Shedite’s Silverados 3-0 Super Marino 2-1 The Night Trains 2-2 You like that 0-4
And Shedite’s Silverados lose: Super Marino 2-0 The Night Trains 2-1 You like that 0-3
And Super Marino lose: Shedite’s Silverados 2-0 The Night Trains 2-1 You like that 0-3
And The Night Trains lose: Shedite’s Silverados 2-0 Super Marino 1-1 You like that 0-2

If you like that win and the White Cafu Colts lose:
And all three 7-6 teams win: The White Cafu Colts 3-1 Shedite’s Silverados 2-1 Super Marino 2-2 The Night Trains 0-3
And Shedite’s Silverados lose: The White Cafu Colts 2-1 Super Marino 2-1 The Night Trains 0-2
And Super Marino lose: The White Cafu Colts 2-0 Shedite’s Silverados 1-1 The Night Trains 0-2
And The Night Trains lose: The White Cafu Colts 2-1 Shedite’s Silverados 1-1 Super Marino 1-2

If you like that and the White Cafu Colts both win:
And all three 7-6 teams win: Shedite’s Silverados 2-0 Super Marino 1-1 The Night Trains 0-2
And Shedite’s Silverados lose: Super Marino 1-0 The Night Trains 0-1
And Super Marino lose: Shedite’s Silverados 1-0 The Night Trains 0-1
And The Night Trains lose: Shedite’s Silverados 1-0 Super Marino 0-1

So what does that mean for each team (discounting the 7-7 scenarios for now):
White Cafu Colts: Actually in already
You like that: Win and in, out with a defeat unless two of the three 7-6 teams lose
Shedite’s Silverados: Win and in, almost certainly out with a defeat (I'm not looking at the 7-7 scenarios now)
Super Marino: Win and hope that one of the following two loses: Shedite’s Silverados, You like that
The Night Trains: Win and hope two from the following three lose: You like that, Shedite’s Silverados, Super Marino

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 Dec 2019 at 2:27pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:15pm
Good man SD
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 1:20pm
To look at the 7-7 scenarios: the table currently looks as follows (for the teams who could finish on 7-7):

Shedite’s Silverados 7-6
Super Marino 7-6
The Night Trains 7-6
ParkysUprightChallenge 6-7
Marshawn of the Dead 6-7
AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 6-7

Head to heads:
Shedite’s Silverados 1 – 0 Super Marino
Shedite’s Silverados 1 – 0 The Night Trains
Shedite’s Silverados 0 – 1 ParkysUprightChallenge
Shedite’s Silverados 1 – 0 Marshawn of the Dead
Shedite’s Silverados 0 – 1 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow
Super Marino 1 – 0 The Night Trains
Super Marino 0 – 2 ParkysUprightChallenge
Super Marino 1 – 1 Marshawn of the Dead
Super Marino 0 – 1 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow
The Night Trains 1 – 1 ParkysUprightChallenge
The Night Trains 1 – 0 Marshawn of the Dead
The Night Trains 1 – 0 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow
ParkysUprightChallenge 1 – 0 Marshawn of the Dead
ParkysUprightChallenge 2 – 0 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow
Marshawn of the Dead 1 – 1 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow

The first thing to note is that Super Marino is playing ParkysUprightChallenge this week coming in; as Super Marino has to lose for there to be a playoff spot on 7-7, that is counted as a loss above.

The scenarios for any 6-7 team to qualify all require all three 7-6 teams to lose and finish on 7-7. Of necessity, that results in ParkysUprightChallenge also being on 7-7. The only other results that can impact are Marshawn of the Dead winning and/or the AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow winning.

If Marshawn of the Dead win and AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow lose, the head to heads are as follows:
ParkysUprightChallenge 5-1 Shedite’s Silverados 3-1 The Night Trains 2-3 Super Marino 2-4 Marshawn of the Dead 1-4

If Marshawn of the Dead lose and AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow win, the head to heads are as follows:
ParkysUprightChallenge 6-1 Shedite’s Silverados 2-2 The Night Trains 2-3 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 2-3 Super Marino 1-4

If Marshawn of the Dead and AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow both win, the head to heads are as follows:
ParkysUprightChallenge 7-1 Shedite’s Silverados 3-2 The Night Trains 3-3 AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow 3-4 Super Marino 2-5 Marshawn of the Dead 2-5

If Marshawn of the Dead and AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow both lose, the head to heads are as follows:
ParkysUprightChallenge 4-1 Shedite’s Silverados 2-1 Super Marino 1-3 The Night Trains 1-3

So, the basic outcome of all of that is this: ParkysUprightChallenge can make the playoffs, if they win and both The Night Trains and Shedite’s Silverados lose. They finish fourth in all those scenarios.

The final overall scenario is therefore as follows:
Borussia’s Broncos: Already qualified
White Cafu Colts: Already qualified
You like that: Win and in; out with a defeat unless two of the three 7-6 teams also lose
Shedite’s Silverados: Win and in; out with a defeat no matter what else happens
Super Marino: Win and hope that one of the following two loses: Shedite’s Silverados, You like that; out with a defeat
The Night Trains: Win and hope two from the following three lose: You like that, Shedite’s Silverados, Super Marino; out with a defeat
ParkysUprightChallenge: Win and hope that both The Night Trains and Shedite’s Silverados also lose; out with a defeat
Marshawn of the Dead: Out already
AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow: Out already

Simple!

The playoff odds are therefore:
Borussia's Broncos: 100%
The White Cafu Colts: 100%
You like that: 75%
Shedite's Silverados: 50%
Super Marino: 37.5%
The Night Trains: 25%
ParkysUprightChallenge: 12.5%

Edited by SuperDave84 - 03 Dec 2019 at 2:27pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2019 at 3:39pm

The playoffs start this week then Clap
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2019 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

The playoffs start this week then Clap

We'll see about that LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:06am
Playoffs Set:
Borussia's Broncos V White Cafu Colts
Shedite's Silverados V SuperMarino (nvidic's mate)

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 10:22am
Only change on the last day was You like that (willGUFT) dropping out of the playoffs, losing to already eliminated AFC Shenhua (nvidic). Super Marino took their place, beating ParkysUprightChallenge (Kirky) to get to 8-6 also.

4 teams ended on 8-6, You like that lost out on the head to heads, the other 3 teams had 2 wins in that 4 way head-to-head, You like that only had one.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5758596061 68>
  Share Topic