You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 68>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 8:32pm
Draft tonight at 9:30
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:08pm
Will miss the start, have added wanted players to my watch list so hopefully it picks them.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 9:19pm
Thank god for that email reminder. I'm after legging it home from the gym with the sweat pouring off me. LOL
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:11pm
Hah, same but exactly the opposite. Horsed an Indian takeaway into me so I could draft on time.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2019 at 10:56pm
Missed due to a few last minute emergencies ahead of EP tomorrow, had lots of players added to my queue and got them so still happy overall with it 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 7:04am
Found it tricky, had an extensive list but kept getting beat to players, some went way ahead of their average which stumped me.

The 30 seconds is very tricky, would be in favour of 45 at least next season! 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:09am
Yeah the 45 sec is very quick.

Got the RB (McCaffrey), TE (Ertz) I wanted early, missed the WR I wanted (Diggs) so went for Edelman instead. 

After that, reached for a few young WR's (Kirk, Godwin, Samuel) who hopefully some will work out. 

RB's were a disaster, McKinnon had a relapse of an injury 2 days ago which I missed, Hunt has his 8 week suspension.

Got Big Ben at QB, he was 3rd highest scoring last year so hopefully that continues.

NFL.com gave me a B, and ranked my draft 4th (expecting 9-5 record)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 9:38am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah the 45 sec is very quick.

Got the RB (McCaffrey), TE (Ertz) I wanted early, missed the WR I wanted (Diggs) so went for Edelman instead. 

After that, reached for a few young WR's (Kirk, Godwin, Samuel) who hopefully some will work out. 

RB's were a disaster, McKinnon had a relapse of an injury 2 days ago which I missed, Hunt has his 8 week suspension.

Got Big Ben at QB, he was 3rd highest scoring last year so hopefully that continues.

NFL.com gave me a B, and ranked my draft 4th (expecting 9-5 record)

I had all of those WRs on my list! Was going for a similar strategy but didn't work out 
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 5:23pm
I didn't really have a plan as to who I was picking and when the 30 second time started I panicked and went for Patrick Mahomes, really regret not getting one of the top RBs. Loads of good QBs in the later rounds even Ouch
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2019 at 5:35pm
Originally posted by willGUFC willGUFC wrote:

I didn't really have a plan as to who I was picking and when the 30 second time started I panicked and went for Patrick Mahomes, really regret not getting one of the top RBs. Loads of good QBs in the later rounds even Ouch

Was wondering! I had pick 9 and 16 and was tempted to take him at 9 and Kelce at 16, definitely would've taken him at 16 if available, whole plan to do that went out the window then 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2019 at 1:19am
Ezekiel Elliott is apparently in Dallas now on his way to finalise his deal. I have the handcuff but it would be good if he finalised this today and played this weekend.

I certainly wasn't expecting to get one of the top four RBs when I saw I was drafting fifth (Kamara, McCaffrey, Elliott and Barkley, obviously enough).

I was also planning on taking Mahomes in the second round if I got a chance but I see that was never going to be a runner once I was drafting low.

I think that's the first time I ever drafted that close to the middle of the whole thing. It is far trickier in the middle than it is at either end. The double pick you get when you draft first or last is brilliant and even if you are close to it, you can evaluate your choices far, far quicker. Like say you are drafting 11th of 12 in round 3 and you see that the lad in 12th in round 3 and 1st in round 4 already has two running backs, you can easily leave an RB pick well alone and take a QB or WR without worrying that you'll lose the RB you have your eye on. You just can't get away with that when you're in the middle of the pack.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:43am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Ezekiel Elliott is apparently in Dallas now on his way to finalise his deal. I have the handcuff but it would be good if he finalised this today and played this weekend.

I certainly wasn't expecting to get one of the top four RBs when I saw I was drafting fifth (Kamara, McCaffrey, Elliott and Barkley, obviously enough).
I had 4th pick and wasn't taking Zeke anyway. 

I had Bell last year so basically had no first rounder all season so was avoiding Zeke either way with his contract situation. So no idea who I'd have taken at 4 if McCaffrey was gone, probably Hopkins. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 8:29pm
Antonio Brown just released. 13th pick in the draft. Ouch
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2019 at 10:35pm
Gone to the Patriots, one of the strangest sagas in nfl history
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2019 at 11:20am
Nice to give the Green Wizards a beating in week 1: Starting the season on the right note!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 10:24am
Lot of action on the waivers this morning
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 11:16am

All four of my requests unsuccessful 🤷‍♂️
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2019 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

All four of my requests unsuccessful 🤷‍♂️
Got one of my 3, crucially the RB I wanted
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5455565758 68>
  Share Topic