You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL FANTASY THREAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 68>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 4:35pm
Should we all change our team name on NFL.com to our YBIG username? Be much easier to see at a glance.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 7:59pm
No chance, unless you're changing my ybig name to the wizards

Should all just get your own franchise like name like I have with the Wizards
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

F**king vidic's mate.

Third best record of the week, over 100 points, so of course I lose by less than a f**king point.

F**k sake.

I watched the highlights of the Giants Cowboys game yesterday and saw Brandon Marshall picking up ten yards with the last play of the game. "That'll not make a difference" thought I. Huh. How wrong I was.

This delights me, it's up there with the play off fantasy game I beat you by 0.4 or something to win the league
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 8:58pm
LOL

Be grand. I'll finish 12-2 then smash your wizards straight out of the playoffs.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:06pm
Could well do it as for I think the 3rd year running my top RB pick (DJ this year) gets injured early in the season and likely to be out for minimum 8 weeks, have a few decent RB's in reserve though I hope.

Beating the night trains by 1 point or less is what we all play for   
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2017 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Could well do it as for I think the 3rd year running my top RB pick (DJ this year) gets injured early in the season and likely to be out for minimum 8 weeks, have a few decent RB's in reserve though I hope.

Beating the night trains by 1 point or less is what we all play for   

LOLLOLLOL

I was reading a thing about the worst fantasy football losses on reddit earlier.

Some lad a few years ago had Stephen Gostkowski for the Patriots and his opponent had Wes Welker. Gostkowski goes down injured at half time, Welker ends up kicking a field goal, and he loses as a direct result of that. Now *that* would be a shot in the nuts.

There's a few more here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/fantasyfootball/comments/3k7xpj/whats_your_worst_loss_ever/

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 11:25am
Must admit I did very little research on my team prior to the draft this year, my second round pick I was adamant I was taking the highest rated RB on the board. Ended up with Chicago's Jordan Howard who to be fair made the pro Bowl last year.

Then read this about him this morning....
Jordan Howard led the league in drops last year.
Week 1 - dropped the game winning touchdown
Week 2 - targeted once - dropped it!

Embarrassed
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2017 at 12:50pm
You got lucky this week I broke my golden rule of never dropping an Eagles QB where possible, decided the Chiefs being on a high and the Steelers having a relatively straight forward game that Big Ben would score more but the 7 point difference between him and Wentz cost me the match up ffs. That and Pederson deciding he couldn't be arsed using Blount v the Chiefs.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 11:51am
Pretty tight at the top after the first quarter of the season.

Rank Team Poster Record
1= Don't give a luck The White Cafu 3-1
1= Super Marino nvidic's mate 3-1
1= You like that willGUFT 3-1
1= The Night Trains SuperDave84 3-1
1= AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow nvidic 3-1
6= Shedite's Silverados Shedite 2-2
6= The green wizards PhillyK 2-2
6= North Galway Tornados Bo Jackson 2-2
9= Leeside Rebel Army AnCearrbach 1-3
9= Borussia Broncos Borussia 1-3
9= Wreaked willGUFT's mate 1-3
12 Here so I don't get fined Kilcruise 0-4
AnCearrbhach View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnCearrbhach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Pretty tight at the top after the first quarter of the season.

Rank Team Poster Record
1= Don't give a luck The White Cafu 3-1
1= Super Marino nvidic's mate 3-1
1= You like that willGUFT 3-1
1= The Night Trains SuperDave84 3-1
1= AFC Shenhua Bills of Wicklow nvidic 3-1
6= Shedite's Silverados Shedite 2-2
6= The green wizards PhillyK 2-2
6= North Galway Tornados Bo Jackson 2-2
9= Leeside Rebel Army AnCearrbach 1-3
9= Borussia Broncos Borussia 1-3
9= Wreaked willGUFT's mate 1-3
12 Here so I don't get fined Kilcruise 0-4

I think I put way too much meas in the projected scores. Always have projected 80-100 but ended up with 40 this week :(
Aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile.
willGUFC View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willGUFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 1:50pm
6 out of 14 players on a bye this week coming, might have to expect a loss
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2017 at 2:42pm
My record following the bills exactly - only loss in Week 2

One of my weakest ever teams though so not expecting my play-off run to continue.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 1:09pm
F**k sake.

Looked for Alvin Kamara, Latavius Murray and Carson Palmer on waivers.

Admittedly I was 9th on the waiver list but I didn't expect them *all* to go. Balls to that.

With Dalvin Cook out for the season, my RB options are looking very, very weak.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:08pm
Yeah loads of activities on the waivers today - 9 of the teams adding players, I didn't get the one I tried so at least 10 of 12 players actively trying to change.
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 2:27pm
I'll give you DJ for Gronk and 1 of your WR's SD Tongue

Did my Smallwood change go through? (cant access the site in work)

Bar Gurley who has been the star of the season so far imo, none of my RB's have consistent numbers per game though am thinking Blount and Smallwood will share most of it out now for the Eagels so might have to play both as light on top WR's Ermm

I've a serious problem at TE and need to source even a half decent one as yer man at the Vikings been ignored 2 of the games so far ffs.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:27pm
Ty Montgomery was doing the business the first two weeks but now he's "questionable" with broken ribs Marshawn Lynch has backfired for me so far and my next best option is Jonathan Stewart for the Panthers. I did have Latavius Murray in the beginning but offloaded him before Cook got injured Angry

I'm desperately trying to put together a competitive team atm, no real standout performers for me so far.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 3:31pm
Yeah you signed Smallwood Philly.

TE's have been very quiet this year (bar Gronk obviously). Nobody's averaging more than 8/9 points.

Edited by Shedite - 04 Oct 2017 at 3:32pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2017 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

I'll give you DJ for Gronk and 1 of your WR's SD Tongue

Did my Smallwood change go through? (cant access the site in work)

Bar Gurley who has been the star of the season so far imo, none of my RB's have consistent numbers per game though am thinking Blount and Smallwood will share most of it out now for the Eagels so might have to play both as light on top WR's Ermm

I've a serious problem at TE and need to source even a half decent one as yer man at the Vikings been ignored 2 of the games so far ffs.

Hah, no thanks. I'll give you Jeremy Maclin in a straight swap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3738394041 68>
  Share Topic