You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next Republic of Ireland manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Poll Question: Who will be the next permanent Republic of Ireland manager?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
18 [26.47%]
1 [1.47%]
34 [50.00%]
8 [11.76%]
0 [0.00%]
0 [0.00%]
5 [7.35%]
2 [2.94%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:12pm
Roy or Hughton
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:12pm
Wouldnt mind mick taking it again. I dont think keane would take it.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:13pm
EL   LOCO BIELSA   

He wants to coach EIRE. He will   make   Brady Treqartista. Bielsa loves EIRE's MENTALITY
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:17pm
There's plenty of good young foreign coaches out there, I'd hate if we went for an unadventurous appointment if there were better coaches available just because "he's Irish"
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
JAVIER View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAVIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:24pm
After Lille`s gig ,  it could be Marcelo Bielsa,  if you make a poll he is gonna be in the preferences,...  El Loco, fancies to manage the underdogs....  and he gives the youngsters some chances ...
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by killer kilbane killer kilbane wrote:

To be honest I hope O Neill stays but if he wanted to go I think Hughton is the stand out of the names mentioned if he wanted it. What bout Neil Lennon. Disaster at Bolton but otherwise has a good record and would certainly bring passion

I wouldn't want him to get it, but Lennon probably should have made the short list.Even David O'Leary almost made it, but lost out narrowly to random French bloke. Smile
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 11:50pm
I always think of this when I see Neil Lennon now
https://youtu.be/LNJe42w5ilA
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:16am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

There's plenty of good young foreign coaches out there, I'd hate if we went for an unadventurous appointment if there were better coaches available just because "he's Irish"
Normally I would agree but unless we are getting somebody of a very high calibre we would be better off sticking to someone who knows the British and Irish game , this time around at least. For 2020 we will have another few key retirees in forward positions and we might need someone to be picking out gems in the lower divisions and hoping they can fill the void, unless one or two lads  decide to declare for us.

As for Lennon; no chance. Since he has left Celtic it has been very up and down and this year he has achieved the bare minimum playing awful football in a weak division, of course a win tomorrow makes the season look very good indeed but he will be taking them up with less points then the got for coming third last year.Next year will be a big one for him, Hibs will be expecting to be in and around the European spots and competing with Hearts, anything less than that, even with another cup win, and he won't be there in 12 months.
I don't think international management would suit his personality anyway, he seems to be the type of guy who very much enjoys the daily routine of club football. I think international management, in general, suits an old, experienced head.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That is brilliant.LOL
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:38am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

That is brilliant.LOL

irish_major View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Bookie Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_major Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 8:26am
Thank god the Mick McCarthy love on here has died down.
I'd be happy with Keane or hughton.
Here we go again
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 10:31am
Assuming Hughton is in the EPL at Brighton when the vacancy arises, to suggest he would swap that to manage Ireland is not even a remote possibility. There are very few obvious candidates, I wonder if a Roy and Robbie double act is a possibility. My choice would be Mick.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:01am
Hughton did a a great job with Newcastle and Brighton ,If he keeps Brighton up next season he might be off to a bigger club, could be an ideal man for the job.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
TonyNotJack View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyNotJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:04am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Assuming Hughton is in the EPL at Brighton when the vacancy arises, to suggest he would swap that to manage Ireland is not even a remote possibility. There are very few obvious candidates, I wonder if a Roy and Robbie double act is a possibility. My choice would be Mick.

Agreed. I think most have voted in the poll for who they want to get it and not who they think will get it. If we qualify for Russia and then MON leaves after the finals, the only way Hughton will be available is if Brighton have been relegated/started disastrously and have sacked him, and as someone said earlier then his stock will have fallen.The keane double act could certainly be interesting.

I like others said would really like to see us play good football as the last time an Ireland team did was probably in 2002 under Mick? We played some good stuff under Brian Kerr with Andy Reid pulling the strings in midfield, but not enough as Kerr was much too negative in his one campaign. Good football is probably the one thing that would be guaranteed under Stephen Kenny, but his lack of top level experience and the risky nature of his appointment is probably too much. Still surprised he's got no votes.
If the poll had taken place just after Dundalk went out of Europe, or before the start of the domestic season I think that would be different.

Edited by TonyNotJack - 22 Apr 2017 at 11:09am
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 11:12am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Long way to go before we talk of the next manager but for me at the minute Roy Keane is a shoo in.

Are you saying that's what should happen or will happen?

That it should and will happen. He has served his time under O,Neil and matured- he has done a good job and deserves to take over if he keeps going. As I say though long way to go.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:11pm
Lars Lagerback?

He's already been successful (relatively) in international football with Sweden and Iceland and I doubt he was on the sort of euros MON and Keane are. He's just after joining Norway but they are pretty much out of the running for qualification already
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 12:20pm
If Martin O'Neill did leave after this campaign,  I think Roy Keane would be the easiest transition into the role as manager because he knows the set up, he knows the current players available to him very well since he has worked with them for over four years, importantly he understands the passion and pride playing for Ireland which is a big thing about us . Plus he would have a good idea of whats available to him in merging young players because he would have gone to watch most them play already from his scouting matches for Ireland anyway. He could be good for getting a few players with dual nationality on board with his stature in the game from his playing career? I really think he would need a good number two with him tho. I'd have Robbie Keane part of the coaching staff for now, not his number two as he's doesn't have the experience yet.

Edited by darman28 - 22 Apr 2017 at 12:21pm
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2017 at 1:09pm
CILLIAN  SHERIDAN ..... & The boy   JOE MASON
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic