You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 407>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

Originally posted by giveittochristie giveittochristie wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/gus-poyet-ireland-2-6343817-Apr2024/

An absolute bengal lancer. The FAI should be running a mile (shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place).
I think there is a fairly decent chance they haven't
Do you think that the FAI haven't spoken to him? I find that highly unlikely. 
I think he wants to stay with Greece and his agent is trying to up the pressure on them.
Dan McDonnell reporting last Friday there were people briefing him from within the FAI that they have somebody lined up. 
Not all of the media reporting can be correct so I think what's more likely is that the briefing coming from Poyet's agent is made up. But this is all guess work on my part.
In fairness, everyone is guessing. I'd agree that Poyet and his agent could be fabricating things to benefit themselves but, I'd still say it's extremely unlikely that Canham hasn't spoken to him at some stage.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:04pm
Sneyed’s article is depressing if
True that the fai are being given the run around by a mercenary like Poyet.  I wouldn’t want him at Bohs.  He is a charlatan and I would rather O’Shea Duffer Robbie Keane Roy Keane Carsley Hughton or Mark Kennedy ahead of Poyet.   

The level of detail in the story suggests it’s true.  Doesn’t mean Poyet is getting it but I think the FAI have certainly been chatting to him. Awful stuff. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

True that the fai are being given the run around by a mercenary like Poyet.  I wouldn’t want him at Bohs.  He is a charlatan and I would rather O’Shea Duffer Robbie Keane Roy Keane Carsley Hughton or Mark Kennedy ahead of Poyet.   

The level of detail in the story suggests it’s true.  Doesn’t mean Poyet is getting it but I think the FAI have certainly been chatting to him. Awful stuff. 

Did the story come from Poyet's agent though? It seems unlikely to have come from the FAI, given how tight lipped they've been.
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:30pm

Completely agree. Would add Stephen Kenny  to that list. 

Edited by 50%lesssugar&salt - 03 Apr 2024 at 6:30pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:52pm

All those things aside. He's done very little in the game as a coach that would excite me.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
SportingRizlaCF View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 6:56pm
Keane for me he has experience at the top of the game and did a good job with sunderland. very disapointing with ipswich but was probably more the owners there ha
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:00pm
I would honestly doubt the FAI are chasing up Poyet hard and playing to his tune. 
At least I would find it hard to believe because he is not that big of a catch from the outside looking in. 

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I would honestly doubt the FAI are chasing up Poyet hard and playing to his tune. 
At least I would find it hard to believe because he is not that big of a catch from the outside looking in. 

I have certainly moved on this and any organisation that has a CEO who said he didn’t notice he was paid for holiday not taken and it was processed on the back of a joke e mail can’t be chasing a chancer like Poyet.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

They could really do with issuing some kind of statement on this as they are  being made look ridiculous at this point. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:21pm
Canham already said they would announce in April 
Sham96 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:29pm
I would guess the FAI have moved on from Poyet and are back with nobody other than O'Shea. "Early" April will end  for me this day next week. Will they completely panic (the Poyet stuff suggests yes) and offer the job to a semi familiar, out of work UK manager over the next few days? 
Wheelo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:32pm
These leaks are not all coming from Greece...

There is definite support for o shea getting the job among the players (I know they'll say nothing contrary to that in public- but I know for a fact privately among alot of the players there is support for him too)

"Not surprised you are anti foreigner in your so called Kip of a town when you don’t want a manager because he is Swedish and you want big Sam in charge" - a fine post from a fine ybig poster
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:35pm

They need to be saying a bit more than that. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 7:58pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Why? Should they comment on every rumour that appears?

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 8:06pm

And how did you get into masochism initially? 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 8:12pm

The only reason there are so many rumours is that they have created a vacuum. If Poyet is falsely using an offer from the FAI to leverage a new contract with the Greek FA, they should call him out on it. 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 8:13pm
Originally posted by Fitz Fitz wrote:

And how did you get into masochism initially? 

It's a long story LOL
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2024 at 8:14pm

The only reason there are so many rumours is that they have created a vacuum. If Poyet is falsely using an offer from the FAI to leverage a new contract with the Greek FA, they should call him out on it. 
They absolutely shouldn't. That would be totally amateur hour.
They've said it would be early April and then they basically briefed the media it would be after the Women's games. They don't need to say any more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 346347348349350 407>
  Share Topic