You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Next manager

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 429>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2023 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Might not be a very popular opinion but believe the time is right for Robbie Keane provided he brings a decent coach with him. 

Can't see us getting Carsley and the rest on the list are pretty uninspiring apart from Renard. 

Robbie's managed about 10 games in his to date. Not sure why you'd think the time is right on that basis 
If the FAI appointed Robbie Keane, we would deserve everything comming our f**king way! 
Sponsored Links

Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 12:11am
I’d almost start going to mass again if it meant we could get Carsley or anyone else of that level. 

eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 12:18am
Are people hoping for Carsley as a player manager or whats the craic? If the players arent there it's not going to matter whos steering the ship.

Why would he risk his growing reputation on this squad when he can play the long game where he is and get a top job and coin in England with good players? 
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 2:37am
I don’t think Carsley would take the job. I can see it being Lennon, Hughton, Bruce or Coleman. I’d probably rather Lennon out of that group
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 3:10am
think it might be a robbie duff combo
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 7:24am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don’t think Carsley would take the job. I can see it being Lennon, Hughton, Bruce or Coleman. I’d probably rather Lennon out of that group

I'd go wit Coleman if I had to pick any of them, given his pedigree at international level. Hughton is actually having a night a bit of a nightmare at Ghana the last while, which is being completely ignored by many on here who are suggesting him. 
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 8:21am

Might not be a very popular opinion but believe the time is right for Robbie Keane provided he brings a decent coach with him. 

Can't see us getting Carsley and the rest on the list are pretty uninspiring apart from Renard. 
The time is right for Robbie LOL
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 8:29am

Trust me, you wouldn't rather Lennon. I very much doubt it will be any of those four, but if it was he'd be the last one you'd want.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 8:39am

Was just looking at Hughtons club record, he has been rightly screwed over by clubs. Did a great job at Newcastle & Brighton.

I see Herve Renards name being bandied about online.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 8:49am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Was just looking at Hughtons club record, he has been rightly screwed over by clubs. Did a great job at Newcastle & Brighton.

I see Herve Renards name being bandied about online.

Renards stoke is pretty high. He wouldn’t be available until after the olympics in August that France will be hoping to win which would raise his stock even higher (or even if they do well).
Nice appointment I would say but he I think that would be a lot of hurdles to overcome.

The ex Swiss manager is available Vladimir Petkovic, if we were going down the international manager route. 

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Nov 2023 at 8:52am
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 9:21am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

The time is right for Robbie LOL

Think about it, six months ago, he wouldn't have made that list, now he looks one of the most attractive names on it. When you look at the others and who might be available, who else is a realistic prospect? 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 9:59am
If people wanted someone who has huge experience and international experience at that and would make us defensively sound is Carlos Quieroz. Even people who dislike him such as a Roy Keane regard him highly as a coach. Currently manager of Qatar.  The football would probably be horrible.   He has an Irish lad as assistant manager Mick McDermott. 

Edited by Baldrick - 19 Nov 2023 at 10:00am
AKA pedantic kunt
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 9:59am
I wouldn’t take Robbie at Bohs at this stage of his career never mind Ireland. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:04am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

If people wanted someone who has huge experience and international experience at that and would make us defensively sound is Carlos Quieroz. Even people who dislike him such as a Roy Keane regard him highly as a coach. Currently manager of Qatar.  The football would probably be horrible.   He has an Irish lad as assistant manager Mick McDermott. 

Carlos and Mick are likely raking it in at Qatar and have little ambition of lowering their salaries to come to us.

Edited by t_rAndy - 19 Nov 2023 at 10:04am
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:05am

Carlos and Mick are likely raking it in at Qatar and have little ambition of lowering their salaries to come to us.

Again if you don’t ask you don’t get.  
AKA pedantic kunt
Scissors Kick View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scissors Kick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:21am

You could ask them daily.
You could ask them every hour on the hour.
They are in Quatar for the money. 

It's you who doesn't seem to get it. 
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:28am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I wouldn’t take Robbie at Bohs at this stage of his career never mind Ireland. 

No fear of that happening LOL
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2023 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Scissors Kick Scissors Kick wrote:

You could ask them daily.
You could ask them every hour on the hour.
They are in Quatar for the money. 

It's you who doesn't seem to get it. 

Of that there is no doubt. Added to that guys like this would cost a fortune to get bought out of their contracts. They are non starters. At this juncture we are either going to get Lee carsley if the fee is manageable or the unattached market.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 429>
  Share Topic