You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New York

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

While on the subject of hotels. I am going on a hen's to Vegas in April. Where is the best place to stay for 9 girls?

My room.

Metal Paul View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
The Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Metal Paul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

While on the subject of hotels. I am going on a hen's to Vegas in April. Where is the best place to stay for 9 girls?

My room 

"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."
Lyd17 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lyd17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:30am
Herald Square Hotel in NYC is pretty nice and decent price when I was there in Nov. It's around the corner from Madison Square garden, 2 streets from Empire State building. Remember to factor in the tax, not usually included on the on booking.com price etc but can bump the price up without realising

MGM in Vegas is great. Good price and really nice hotel. Great pools!
sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Milford PlazaThumbs Up
Stayed there in May it was in the middle of renovations. Make sure the work is finished before booking as it was a bit of a disaster with massive waits for the elevator. What a City though 👏👏
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Gaz Gaz wrote:

Originally posted by Guf10 Guf10 wrote:

You could stay outside manhattan and commute to the city, its not as if the public transport is sh*t or anything over there. A weekly metro card will cover you everywhere on subway

will cost a fortune in taxi fares coming home gargled at 4am

Long Island rail road runs all night
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:30pm
Heading over in December and cannot wait, what/where is an absolute must to see/visit/eat/drink ??
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:43pm
Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz just go with what you want as you will never do everything .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jackthelad View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:44pm
Went in June and booked to go back in February. Can't wait myself, love the place although I can see why it's not for everyone.
I thought seeing ground zero and the museum that is there is a must without a doubt.
I mean leaving there having not visited the area surely people would ask themselves why didn't I go see that?
It's really well done in my opinion as they've a nice (not over the top memorial) there as new skyscrapers take shape all round it.
My missus was ballin in the museum, some sad stuff in there. Definitely worth a look and you can book online, pay a donation of $4 and beat some of the queues.
Oh Poland we loved you.....
Fintan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
YBIG Mods are cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fintan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:45pm
Head up the Empire state building, Staten Island ferry, that island where they registered all the immigrants, walk round Central Park. I ate in some cracking restaurant beside the Brooklyn Bridge. Which has a class view of Manhatten. I'll find out the name for you Dib. My Da's cousin also owns a 'world beers' pub over there mate and knows the NYC music scene inside out so I could ask the name of it for you and ask him to point out a few gigs etc that you might enjoy.

I stayed in the Waldorf Astoria on Manhatten when I was 24.......Miss Teen America was also takin place at the time in the hotel....Got caught pissing in the street in some entry outside a pub and was told to put it away or be incarcerated by a cop....put it away and pished all over my leg....had to walk into the fancy hotel with a pissy leg.... f**ked my jeans out the window into the coutyard of the hotel. Not one of my finer moments.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz just go with what you want as you will never do everything .<div id="LCS_8E9E3331_D360_4f87_8803_52DE43566502_communicationDiv">

Very helpful.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:50pm
Originally posted by CSCD CSCD wrote:

Heading over in December and cannot wait, what/where is an absolute must to see/visit/eat/drink ??
staten ferry at a weekend
top of the rock instead of empire state building
eat a a typical new York steak joint - I tried BLT was very good (make sure you wear trousers though and bring your CC)
underground over to Brooklyn and walk back via the bridge
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Jackthelad Jackthelad wrote:

Jezzzzzzzzzzzzzz just go with what you want as you will never do everything .<div id="LCS_8E9E3331_D360_4f87_8803_52DE43566502_communicationDiv">

Very helpful.
Sorry Jack I am heading to NY what should i do , goodness really ConfusedConfusedConfused
CSCD View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CSCD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Fintan Fintan wrote:

Head up the Empire state building, Staten Island ferry, that island where they registered all the immigrants, walk round Central Park. I ate in some cracking restaurant beside the Brooklyn Bridge. Which has a class view of Manhatten. I'll find out the name for you Dib. My Da's cousin also owns a 'world beers' pub over there mate and knows the NYC music scene inside out so I could ask the name of it for you and ask him to point out a few gigs etc that you might enjoy.

I stayed in the Waldorf Astoria on Manhatten when I was 24.......Miss Teen America was also takin place at the time in the hotel....Got caught pissing in the street in some entry outside a pub and was told to put it away or be incarcerated by a cop....put it away and pished all over my leg....had to walk into the fancy hotel with a pissy leg.... f**ked my jeans out the window into the coutyard of the hotel. Not one of my finer moments.

LOLLOL Why did I never hear of this story before? Clap
Cheers for the other advice. Thumbs Up There is some world famous Jazz club my Da needs to go to as he thinks hes still a swinger.

Edited by CSCD - 23 Oct 2013 at 8:01pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It's OUR year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackthelad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 7:58pm

Very helpful.
Sorry Jack I am heading to NY what should i do , goodness really ConfusedConfusedConfused<div id="LCS_8E9E3331_D360_4f87_8803_52DE43566502_communicationDiv">

We are on a forum. God forbid people would share information.
I take it you don't work in a tourist office?
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:01pm

Very helpful.
Sorry Jack I am heading to NY what should i do , goodness really ConfusedConfusedConfused<div id="LCS_8E9E3331_D360_4f87_8803_52DE43566502_communicationDiv">

+1

Claret must be on the blob.

He has no problem sharing info on his own travels ConfusedConfused
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:01pm

Very helpful.

I take it you don't work in a tourist office?
Now funny you should say that as i used to work in a tourist office and my job was selling guide books , errrrrrrr hang on 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
Murph gives lots of info just none of it very useful :).

Good lad all the same.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2013 at 8:05pm
Hop on and off bus tour was pretty cool but not sure about December it might be a bit chilly for something like that!

World trade Centre memorial is something you should visit IMO.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic