You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New To Away Games FAQs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto_Carlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by dwilliams100100 dwilliams100100 wrote:

Applying for tickets for Malta and a couple of the lads aren't signed up to the portal and can't get the confirmation email.

Is there any downside to them not chasing that up and me just adding them as a supporter profile on the portal myself?

I would advise get their own. Me and my mate had a joint account and identical records but for the oversubscribed Gibraltar game they would only give us 1 ticket.
Sponsored Links

AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 2:59pm
when u register for fans direct do u get a confirmation email or anything?
It's not me it's you:-)
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2023 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

it's the fai you're dealing with here LOL
AbuAbu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbuAbu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2023 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Il Principe Il Principe wrote:

Originally posted by AbuAbu AbuAbu wrote:

it's the fai you're dealing with here LOL

I expected a welcome pack and a free beanie!
Ouch
It's not me it's you:-)
jjgalway View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jjgalway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2023 at 4:34pm
First year with a season ticket. Have flights and accommodation for gibralter in oct. 

Couple of qs re euro tickets.

Does having a season ticket get you priority for euro 2024 tickets or is it a free for all on uefa website?

Same as above re having away points?

Do supporters clubs get tickets for euros?

Cheers

ShadingEvan View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadingEvan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2023 at 5:50pm
It seems to be a common issue, but I can't get the confirmation email from the FAI portal. No idea what I'm doing wrong. Has anyone gotten this sorted by doing something? I tried sending them an email via the contact form, but even that said it didn't send. Sounds like the guy in charge of the website resigned and no one bothered replacing him.
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 2:08pm
Hi all,

Apologies if these questions has been asked before;

1) Does having a season ticket increase your chances of being accepted for a ticket?
2) I'm looking to set up a supporter profile on the away portal. There's an option to add a season ticket number. My season ticket is under someone else's name, how would I work around this?

For context, I'm looking to go to the Netherlands away game in November.

Thanks in advance!
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:46am
Originally posted by NaasSaint NaasSaint wrote:

Hi all,

1) Does having a season ticket increase your chances of being accepted for a ticket?
2) I'm looking to set up a supporter profile on the away portal. There's an option to add a season ticket number. My season ticket is under someone else's name, how would I work around this?

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

No it doesnt increase your chances, the Holland game will probably be oversubsribed also.

With regard setting up your account, you will need to send an email to cria.warren@fai.ie to register your account as the email to register is currently not working.

Any other questions do let me know
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:53am
Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

No it doesnt increase your chances, the Holland game will probably be oversubsribed also.

With regard setting up your account, you will need to send an email to cria.warren@fai.ie to register your account as the email to register is currently not working.

A ST does increase your chances! 
lukesmyth9 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukesmyth9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 11:55am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by lukesmyth9 lukesmyth9 wrote:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Howya,

A ST does increase your chances! 
I stand corrected! I would have no idea how to work around this being on a different account though seeing as it is not under your name
ProudIrish View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ProudIrish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 1:57pm
The criteria is usually x amount of away games out of the last 10.
For Greece originally it was 2.
They never mention season tickets . 
Maybe if there are a number of people on the same amount of always they give priority to those with a season ticket but it doesn’t state that anywhere . They used to advertise the season ticket as receiving priority for aways- they don’t anymore 
Here we go again, we're on the road again
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:01pm
Season tickets are surely too far down the list of discriminating criteria to be considered relevant.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:07pm
Cheers all.

This will be my first away game - is it safe to assume I'll not be in with a chance of getting tickets for the Netherlands?
wanderer View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanderer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by ProudIrish ProudIrish wrote:

The criteria is usually x amount of away games out of the last 10.
For Greece originally it was 2.
They never mention season tickets . 
Maybe if there are a number of people on the same amount of always they give priority to those with a season ticket but it doesn’t state that anywhere . They used to advertise the season ticket as receiving priority for aways- they don’t anymore 

In recent years it was indeed season ticket & x amount of away games being the criteria.

I think since covid if I'm not mistaken it's been just x amount of away games.

Luxembourg email did mention season ticket plus aways
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Season tickets are surely too far down the list of discriminating criteria to be considered relevant.
Rightly so. Why should a fan get a ticket ahead of Johnny cokehead 🤔
craiglen View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote craiglen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by craiglen craiglen wrote:

Rightly so. Why should a fan get a ticket ahead of Johnny cokehead 🤔

In fairness to the bag merchants they still bothered their hole to get on a flight to Athens.

Personally think the Season Ticket should really count towards your record if you're coming to home games from outside Dublin, but sure that'd be too difficult to enforce.
Fan's game record: 5 Caps, 1 goal, 2 assists, 140 km covered
EireDub View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EireDub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:37pm

Cheers all.

This will be my first away game - is it safe to assume I'll not be in with a chance of getting tickets for the Netherlands?

Depends on how much they give us really, some games don’t over subscribe when you think they will. I wouldn’t throw in the towel that easily. 

It’ll be a popular one, especially if were still in with a chance of qualifying which does seem unlikely.

A word of advice would be to build up your record in games with less demand, for example Gibraltar in Faro is a great opportunity 

Also, it’d be worth setting up your away portal account asap as it seems to take a while for it to setup 
NaasSaint View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasSaint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2023 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by EireDub EireDub wrote:

Cheers all.

Depends on how much they give us really, some games don’t over subscribe when you think they will. I wouldn’t throw in the towel that easily. 

It’ll be a popular one, especially if were still in with a chance of qualifying which does seem unlikely.

A word of advice would be to build up your record in games with less demand, for example Gibraltar in Faro is a great opportunity 

Also, it’d be worth setting up your away portal account asap as it seems to take a while for it to setup 

Cheers pal. I've my account set up on the away portal and was actually thinking of going to the Gibraltar game anyway (work permitting!).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic