You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New interim CEO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2020 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Quinn: Has worked in football administration, and has business experience outside of football.
Roy Keane called him Mother Teresa. Terrible appointment.

The logic of some people is so bad it's comical.

Who mentioned Roy? 

Is it not right to question an appointment to a never before existing position to a man on the payroll of a company rolling out international football academies? 

Alternatively the logic JD was bad so Quinn will be good is so bad it’s comical. 
Jonathan O'Brien made the reference on twitter for starters.

I think Quinn is deferring any payments for now so not sure what the issue is there. 

Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:15am

And also why do we need a permanent Deputy CEO but an interim CEO? 

It's an interim role?
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:19am
Its like Del Boy inventing job titles for Rodney.  You will be my director of commercial development.  and we will streamline the FAI by expansion.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:28am
I thought that sarah o shea was the first deputy CEO back in 2014.  She then was involved in reform of OFI along with Sarah Keane and I believe Peter Sherrard is now the ceo there 

Edited by Baldrick - 24 Jan 2020 at 9:31am
AKA pedantic kunt
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:37am
Any room for Brian Kerr?
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Any room for Brian Kerr?

First thing I thought of when I heard about Quinn. Wouldn't surprise me if Quinn tries to get him on board especially given what his remit is
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:50am

Any room for Brian Kerr?

Good shout he would be a welcome addition.

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

I thought that sarah o shea was the first deputy CEO back in 2014.  She then was involved in reform of OFI along with Sarah Keane and I believe Peter Sherrard is now the ceo there 

Correct, it's not a new role.
This appointment, as mentioned, will appease Government and sponsors and that is absolutely key right now.
There is a lot of begrudgery out there and while time will tell if it's a success, it's certainly worth the risk.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
Niall Quinn is involved in the Visionary Group, which is linked to Redstrike marketing agency who are involved with underage football around the globe.

Quinn will tell you he's doing this for his love of Irish football.
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Twoinarow Twoinarow wrote:

Niall Quinn is involved in the Visionary Group, which is linked to Redstrike marketing agency who are involved with underage football around the globe.

Maybe the world isn't so binary and he's doing it for the love of Irish football and for business reasons.

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:41pm

What is that link? 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 12:57pm

Mike Farnan is their main man.

I was sat in a hotel in Zagreb and he heard my Irish accent and approached me. He was in Zagreb promoting Vietnamese soccer Confused

Originally from Artane but has the Oirish accent going on. Nice guy. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:16pm

Mike Farnan is their main man.

I was sat in a hotel in Zagreb and he heard my Irish accent and approached me. He was in Zagreb promoting Vietnamese soccer Confused

Originally from Artane but has the Oirish accent going on. Nice guy. 

Kerr was involved as well and everyone is clamouring for him to get back on board.

What real world options do those who have an issue with this believe are out there at the moment? Nobody wanted to touch this with a bargepole. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:24pm
I don’t necessarily have a problem with it, I’m just not as delighted as everyone else seems to be with this appointment, and surprised so many on here don’t seem interested in what he’s been doing with Red Strike & the Visionary group he was involved with in 2018. 
The link I posted earlier to the visionary groups document is well worth a read. 

theworm2345 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theworm2345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:35pm
I'm generally of a fan of Niall Quinn's and I think he might do OK, but I have to roll my eyes when I hear him say things like 'we need more women in executive positions in the FAI'...no, you need more competent people in executive positions at the FAI, regardless of whether or not they have a cock.  Get the best people in, fix the FAI, then you can worry about this progressive nonsense.

Edited by theworm2345 - 24 Jan 2020 at 1:48pm
League of Ireland archive with reports back to 91/92 (goalscorers for First Division) now online, plus Twitter: twitter.com/StattoLOI
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 1:38pm

I don’t necessarily have a problem with it, I’m just not as delighted as everyone else seems to be with this appointment, and surprised so many on here don’t seem interested in what he’s been doing with Red Strike & the Visionary group he was involved with in 2018. 
The link I posted earlier to the visionary groups document is well worth a read. 

Will read more on this but everyone had business interests.
I would fall short of being delighted about this, but I do see it as a positive step.
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2020 at 10:09pm
What happened to Rea Walshe? Has she jumped ship?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic