You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New E-zine LOI monthly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Regarding the Grimsby Town and Pats fan who compares the LOI with the Conference and Div 2, don't think any of the teams in those leagues would beat Partizan Belgrade away would you ? Or beat Hadjuk Split or Kaiserslautern away.....etc etc.

I don't mean to piss on your parade but they probably would. I like to promote the league and its merits but lets be realistic too. There are shocks in sport all the time. I'm not belittling any club that punches above their weight and gets a good result.

Just look at the FA cup and the shocks that have been in that over the years. Off the top of my head I remember Burton Albion (non League, I think 5th tier at the time) bringing Man U to a replay a few years ago.
In this years competition:
Cambridge (L2) brought United to a replay
Bradford (L1) beat Chelsea 4-2

Our clubs are realistically around conference and L2 level, some probably lower than Conference Premier.
I`m basing that on crowds, facilities and finances.
L2, L1 and The Championship are well run full time professional leagues of 24 teams each. Our league is struggling to have 20 sustainable semi pro/amateur clubs. On current crowds and Facilities Cork and Shams would have the best chance of being L2 clubs but would need to improve a lot to do better.

We played Rosenberg last summer away and beat them. It probably was the greatest result in our history and will take some beating. Same as beating Belgrade was for ye. But Rosenberg has a 20,000 seater stadium, a playing budget of E10 million+ and they play in a full time professional league that shares out a TV deal worth E100 million. And as a result of all that have consistently done well in Europe.

Until our league gets to that kind of level all our clubs can do is pull off the odd shock same as lower league clubs in England do against their richer and better supported neighbours.

Eh I don't know what your smoking if your trying to compare those 2 results. You guys bottled it at home in the 2nd leg while ours was arguably the biggest result in the history of domestic football in this country.

Shams haven't been in Europe for the last 3 years and even then they got beaten by a crowd from Lithunia, a league who's best clubs play in Switzerland.
My point is shocks happen all the time. What ye did and what we did were shocks.

Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, Dundalk, Pats, Cork or whoever else has gotten good results in Europe don't have the platform or structures to build on it year in year out.

L2 sides, the likes of Shrewsbury (10,000 seater stadium), Burton (7,000), Wycombe (10,000), all have budgets in and around £2-3 million (up to 4 times as much as LOI sides). So to say that those sides couldn't go off to a 3rd/4th tier ranked European side and get a result is nonsense.
Those sides wouldn't only compete in LOI football they would dominate it.

My bad got it mixed up with Lichenstein but shur its basically the same country like Ireland and England.

Edited by Bitored - 11 Apr 2015 at 4:11pm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 5:00pm
A thread about a decent e-zine on the Irish game , has suddenly become a powerful tool in advocating serious changes in the education system.

Edited by pre Madonna - 11 Apr 2015 at 5:00pm
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 8:06pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

A thread about a decent e-zine on the Irish game , has suddenly become a powerful tool in advocating serious changes in the education system.

I`ll have to use a different font so you understand sarcasm
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 8:10pm
So when you confused the small rich principality of Liechtenstein with the former Soviet state of Lithuania, you were being sarcastic?
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:49am
We've taken on board your recent feedback re not hearing about the latest issue of each magazine so we have designed an easy to follow website where one can find out everything to do with the e-zine LOI Monthly. The link is below.
http://www.loimonthly.com/advice.html
Omnia Causa Fiunt
scottyccfc View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2015 at 8:52am
Use wordpress, would look so much better.
Hometown football, cant beat the feeling...
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2015 at 8:16pm
The next issue is out tomorrow.
Features an interview with John O'Sullivan
39 pages of meaty content free of charge.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 11:02am
http://www.loimonthly.com/latest-issue.html

Latest Issue of the E-Zine. It's class.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 11:58am
Looks great loads of content too. 

Here Richmond I read your post about selling tickets and was very impressed. It's funny how much talk goes on in here about improving the LOI, yet when I stuck up the thread about the supporters conference about 'improving the loi' no one posted in it. Funny that.

Anyway send us a pm and I'll get ybig to take some ads in the issue.

I'll facebook and tweet the latest issue each month. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Looks great loads of content too. 

Here Richmond I read your post about selling tickets and was very impressed. It's funny how much talk goes on in here about improving the LOI, yet when I stuck up the thread about the supporters conference about 'improving the loi' no one posted in it. Funny that.

Anyway send us a pm and I'll get ybig to take some ads in the issue.

I'll facebook and tweet the latest issue each month. 

I did, a conference is pointless. If you have a way of improving the league just do it, stop having meetings telling everyone what can be done and how great you are, just do it.

Great read Richmond Ultra, ye are doing something about it and fair play

:thumbsup:

Edited by scottyccfc - 01 May 2015 at 12:28pm
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:35pm
One poster you, where was the rest of them? 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:42pm

This is my point, Fair play for what you are trying to do but if you have an idea go with it.
Too many years our clubs have had too many meetings and meetigs about meetings.

Have an idea, Just do it!
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by scottyccfc scottyccfc wrote:

This is my point, Fair play for what you are trying to do but if you have an idea go with it.
Too many years our clubs have had too many meetings and meetigs about meetings.

Have an idea, Just do it!

I'm not involved in the conference, I was just posting up the info. I go to some LOI games and don't follow it ardently like most in here do. But I did find it funny that so many people talk about improving things then avoided that thread like the plague as it meant they might have had to actually do something as opposed to just give an opinion. 

Not having a go at anyone just human nature I guess.
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 12:53pm
I assume Scotty you do work for Cork, so hats off for that btw.

Edited by Bob Hoskins - 01 May 2015 at 12:53pm
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottyccfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2015 at 1:08pm

I assume Scotty you do work for Cork, so hats off for that btw.

Wherever and whoever I can help I help. No big deal but the problem we have here is people more than willing to throw out ideas and not willing to take it on. It happens on a daily basis. This is why I have a short fuse when it comes to "Ideas".

My theory is you get more done by doing it yourself.Fair play to the lads at LOI Monthly, hopefully they can make a few quid off it. Had an idea and went for it.

Edited by scottyccfc - 01 May 2015 at 1:08pm
EinLebenLang View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EinLebenLang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2015 at 12:07am
This is a good idea, wish you all the best of luck with it.

However in my opinion it is a real shame to see ads in an online zine. The thing is laid out very well and looks good, would the ad revenue not make it possible to print a physical magazine?

There are a few shops in town it could be sold in, like Offside. Maybe some places in Cork, Derry etc too. Might also be worth speaking to Football Clubs and fan groups who might sell it?

Just my opinion anyway and fair play for the effort gone in to it, as I said looks great.

Edited by EinLebenLang - 10 May 2015 at 12:08am
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 12:53pm
Originally posted by EinLebenLang EinLebenLang wrote:

This is a good idea, wish you all the best of luck with it.

However in my opinion it is a real shame to see ads in an online zine. The thing is laid out very well and looks good, would the ad revenue not make it possible to print a physical magazine?

There are a few shops in town it could be sold in, like Offside. Maybe some places in Cork, Derry etc too. Might also be worth speaking to Football Clubs and fan groups who might sell it?

Just my opinion anyway and fair play for the effort gone in to it, as I said looks great.

Thanks for the kind words.

We're using the ad money to pay for infrastructure behind the magazine so as it will be a long lasting thing unlike past attempts. We have made a website, bought a domain name and a few other things this year with many more plans in place.

The print edition isn't viable yet but you can print it off as a pdf with ISSUU if it makes it easier to read.

The next deadline for pieces is 9am on the 29th of May with publication on the 4th of June.

As ever any suggestions for topics or if you want to write a piece please email loimonthly@gmail.com

Thanks
Omnia Causa Fiunt
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2015 at 2:37pm
http://issuu.com/loimonthly/docs/june_2015

Latest issue above. 33 quality pages to read about in advance of the games tonight.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic