You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New E-zine LOI monthly

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New E-zine LOI monthly
    Posted: 29 Jun 2014 at 12:29pm

Hey all,

League of Ireland Monthly is a new magazine which will solely cover League of Ireland. There will be a huge variety from opinion to analysis to retro pieces, with a feature interview every month.

This is something We've been working on for a while and I can finally say the first issue is ready!

The market is void of a dedicated magazine for the league, though it will be totally online as I believe print just would not be sustainable given the size of the League of Ireland market.

Online allows the magazine to be totally free of charge, and also means you can download it onto an ipad/phone and read it on the go!

The first issue will have pieces on City, the 1940 Championship Decider involving Cork United, and an interview with Daryl Horgan.

As I said it's out today. Give us your feedback on it and if anybody feels like contributing in the future email: loimonthly@gmail.com follow on twitter: @loimonthly

http://issuu.com/loimonthly/docs/loim_july_2014
Omnia Causa Fiunt
Sponsored Links

starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2014 at 1:13pm
Just on this SRFC Ultras have released a fanzine "And If I Should Falter", issue one is available on their website at €3, issue two due out soon as well http://www.srfc-ultras.com/index.php/merchandise
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2014 at 8:29pm
Picked this up in the new Casa Rebelde shop, below Flip clothing in Temple Bar. No interest in Rovers, but I was able to read most articles and was kept interested. Good luck to them
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Richmond Ultra View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 12:33am
Deadline of pieces for next issue of LOI Monthly is the 24th of July. Send them to loimonthly@gmail.com
Omnia Causa Fiunt
starryplough View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starryplough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2014 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Picked this up in the new Casa Rebelde shop, below Flip clothing in Temple Bar. No interest in Rovers, but I was able to read most articles and was kept interested. Good luck to them

Issue two available now as well
Some Clubs Are Bigger Than Others
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2014 at 12:01am
http://t.co/jtQeoBC3jm

Issue two of LOI Monthly is available on the link above. It's got an interview with Alan Kelly as well as articles on George Best's time playing with Cork Celtic and LOI Legends.

Any feedback much appreciated.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 4:56pm
http://issuu.com/loimonthly/docs/april

New issue out. Any feedback would be much appreciated.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 5:26pm
Funny enough I just stumbled across this about half an hour ago. Very impressive!Can you make sure and post here when every edition is posted up as I don't have Twitter...Cheers!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 6:23pm
Fair play 👏👏👏
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richmond Ultra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:33pm
Thanks for the comments. There is a Facebook page you can like as well that will tell you when issues are coming out.
Omnia Causa Fiunt
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:34pm
From my experience of women, they usually come out after the second bottle of sauvignon blanc
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2015 at 11:35pm
Looks like a very read alright. Will go through it over the weekend. Cheers.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 12:47am
Regarding the Grimsby Town and Pats fan who compares the LOI with the Conference and Div 2, don't think any of the teams in those leagues would beat Partizan Belgrade away would you ? Or beat Hadjuk Split or Kaiserslautern away.....etc etc.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 11 Apr 2015 at 12:48am
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Regarding the Grimsby Town and Pats fan who compares the LOI with the Conference and Div 2, don't think any of the teams in those leagues would beat Partizan Belgrade away would you ? Or beat Hadjuk Split or Kaiserslautern away.....etc etc.

I don't mean to piss on your parade but they probably would. I like to promote the league and its merits but lets be realistic too. There are shocks in sport all the time. I'm not belittling any club that punches above their weight and gets a good result.

Just look at the FA cup and the shocks that have been in that over the years. Off the top of my head I remember Burton Albion (non League, I think 5th tier at the time) bringing Man U to a replay a few years ago.
In this years competition:
Cambridge (L2) brought United to a replay
Bradford (L1) beat Chelsea 4-2

Our clubs are realistically around conference and L2 level, some probably lower than Conference Premier.
I`m basing that on crowds, facilities and finances.
L2, L1 and The Championship are well run full time professional leagues of 24 teams each. Our league is struggling to have 20 sustainable semi pro/amateur clubs. On current crowds and Facilities Cork and Shams would have the best chance of being L2 clubs but would need to improve a lot to do better.

We played Rosenberg last summer away and beat them. It probably was the greatest result in our history and will take some beating. Same as beating Belgrade was for ye. But Rosenberg has a 20,000 seater stadium, a playing budget of E10 million+ and they play in a full time professional league that shares out a TV deal worth E100 million. And as a result of all that have consistently done well in Europe.

Until our league gets to that kind of level all our clubs can do is pull off the odd shock same as lower league clubs in England do against their richer and better supported neighbours.

Edited by Bitored - 11 Apr 2015 at 1:32am
I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 9:05am
Originally posted by Bitored Bitored wrote:

I don't mean to piss on your parade but they probably would. I like to promote the league and its merits but lets be realistic too. There are shocks in sport all the time. I'm not belittling any club that punches above their weight and gets a good result.

Just look at the FA cup and the shocks that have been in that over the years. Off the top of my head I remember Burton Albion (non League, I think 5th tier at the time) bringing Man U to a replay a few years ago.

Our clubs are realistically around conference and L2 level, some probably lower than Conference Premier.
L2, L1 and The Championship are well run full time professional leagues of 24 teams each. Our league is struggling to have 20 sustainable semi pro/amateur clubs. On current crowds and Facilities Cork and Shams would have the best chance of being L2 clubs but would need to improve a lot to do better.

We played Rosenberg last summer away and beat them. It probably was the greatest result in our history and will take some beating. Same as beating Belgrade was for ye. But Rosenberg has a 20,000 seater stadium, a playing budget of E10 million+ and they play in a full time professional league that shares out a TV deal worth E100 million. And as a result of all that have consistently done well in Europe.

Until our league gets to that kind of level all our clubs can do is pull off the odd shock same as lower league clubs in England do against their richer and better supported neighbours.

Eh I don't know what your smoking if your trying to compare those 2 results. You guys bottled it at home in the 2nd leg while ours was arguably the biggest result in the history of domestic football in this country.
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
1980 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 10:39am
Decent Read that.

And the Grimsby Fan not mentioning Liverpool or Spurs.. Commendable
Bitored View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitored Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Eh I don't know what your smoking if your trying to compare those 2 results. You guys bottled it at home in the 2nd leg while ours was arguably the biggest result in the history of domestic football in this country.

Shams haven't been in Europe for the last 3 years and even then they got beaten by a crowd from Lithunia, a league who's best clubs play in Switzerland.
My point is shocks happen all the time. What ye did and what we did were shocks.

Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, Dundalk, Pats, Cork or whoever else has gotten good results in Europe don't have the platform or structures to build on it year in year out.

L2 sides, the likes of Shrewsbury (10,000 seater stadium), Burton (7,000), Wycombe (10,000), all have budgets in and around £2-3 million (up to 4 times as much as LOI sides). So to say that those sides couldn't go off to a 3rd/4th tier ranked European side and get a result is nonsense.
Those sides wouldn't only compete in LOI football they would dominate it.

I won the Player of the Century award thanks to the people.Pele was second.He also came second behind Aryton Senna as Brazil's greatest sportsman.The award FIFA gave Pele isn't worth sh*t - Maradona
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2015 at 3:54pm

Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Shams haven't been in Europe for the last 3 years and even then they got beaten by a crowd from Lithunia, a league who's best clubs play in Switzerland.
My point is shocks happen all the time. What ye did and what we did were shocks.

Shamrock Rovers, Sligo Rovers, Dundalk, Pats, Cork or whoever else has gotten good results in Europe don't have the platform or structures to build on it year in year out.

L2 sides, the likes of Shrewsbury (10,000 seater stadium), Burton (7,000), Wycombe (10,000), all have budgets in and around £2-3 million (up to 4 times as much as LOI sides). So to say that those sides couldn't go off to a 3rd/4th tier ranked European side and get a result is nonsense.
Those sides wouldn't only compete in LOI football they would dominate it.

Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic