You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Bank Holiday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Bank Holiday
    Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 4:15pm
https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2022/0111/1273052-bank-holiday/

Be nice to have a long, long weekend in March!

Nice to have an extra bank holiday too going forward, but not too excited about the proposal. Don't think it should have had any religious connections to be honest but mainly don't think it should have been at such a miserable time of year!

Either way, extra day off Clap
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 4:32pm
The new public holiday has nothing to do with religion. Every day of the year has one or more Saints attributed to it. 1st of February just so happens to be St Brigids day.

Anyway I'm all for more public holidays Big smile

Edited by colemanY2K - 11 Jan 2022 at 4:33pm
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:16pm
Can’t see how this new Bank holiday will recognise frontline workers as most of them will have to work the bank holiday Hospital staff, Supermarket workers etc. Certainly no benefits for them it’s just another day off for the people who stayed at home during the pandemic.
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Can’t see how this new Bank holiday will recognise frontline workers as most of them will have to work the bank holiday Hospital staff, Supermarket workers etc. Certainly no benefits for them it’s just another day off for the people who stayed at home during the pandemic.

But great news for those in big jobs like us teachersClap

Edited by thebronze14 - 11 Jan 2022 at 5:22pm
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

But great news for those in big jobs like us teachersClap
i wouldn’t single out teachers as they had to go into work during the pandemic in very difficult circumstances and they do a very hard job at best of times. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:27pm

You forgot to edit your comment! 
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:38pm

I tend to agree all Frontline/ Essential workers should Just be given an Extra days paid holiday next year to be taken when they wish to reward them.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 5:56pm
I worked throughout the Pandemic also so delighted to get an extra days pay and if I end up being rosterd in on the new BH an extra days leave on top of the double time. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:12pm
5th or 6th time they've said this, hopefully they follow through this time.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:13pm
I got a 'Wellness day' whereby you take a day off to look after yourself.

I took mine after the last Ireland game whereby I spent the day rolling around the sack in an absolute heap 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I got a 'Wellness day' whereby you take a day off to look after yourself.

I took mine after the last Ireland game whereby I spent the day rolling around the sack in an absolute heap 

The system clearly works LOL
It would damage this forums' reputation
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:56pm
All fire houses/stations are closed for the new bank holiday.

The firemen Clap
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by MayoMark MayoMark wrote:

Nice to have an extra bank holiday too going forward, but not too excited about the proposal. Don't think it should have had any religious connections to be honest but mainly don't think it should have been at such a miserable time of year!

Pain in the hole that it will rotate day each year. Same with Paddy's Day. It was brilliant when they moved it to June for a one off due to foot and mouth years ago. 

A poxy Tuesday/Wednesday in March some years Dead
AS YOU WERE McGx

MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:03pm
Exactly

Can't see why it can't be a Monday in July 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:27pm
Would prefer a double holiday in March.

No sense in a rotating day either. Fix it for a Monday if it needs to be February. 
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

All fire houses/stations are closed for the new bank holiday.

The firemen Clap
LOL
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:45pm

Pain in the hole that it will rotate day each year. Same with Paddy's Day. It was brilliant when they moved it to June for a one off due to foot and mouth years ago. 

It's just the closest Monday to the day, think it's a good time for it, a long stretch between New year and Paddy's 
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2022 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

It's just the closest Monday to the day, think it's a good time for it, a long stretch between New year and Paddy's 

That's grand if it is indeed the case. Doubt they even know themselves. Winging it. 
AS YOU WERE McGx

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic