You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 147>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Absolutely, but I'm not going to tell my children what kids on the road they can and can't pal around with, we live in a cul-de-sac so they're all out together, good and bad.
They'll realise themselves over time that some kids are total idiots.
But in the meantime I'm not going to have some gimp whose nose is constantly oozing clear snot have one up on my kid.

That's why kids today are spoilt rotten little sh*ts. Tom next door gets the new Man United kit so little Johnny has to have one. Whatever happened to telling your kids "No"?
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Absolutely, but I'm not going to tell my children what kids on the road they can and can't pal around with, we live in a cul-de-sac so they're all out together, good and bad.
They'll realise themselves over time that some kids are total idiots.
But in the meantime I'm not going to have some gimp whose nose is constantly oozing clear snot have one up on my kid.

That's why kids today are spoilt rotten little sh*ts. Tom next door gets the new Man United kit so little Johnny has to have one. Whatever happened to telling your kids "No"?

The priests used to preach to the masses that saying no to kids was a bad thing
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Il Principe View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Il Principe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 1:43am
Originally posted by johnnycee johnnycee wrote:

Nike do not own Umbro and haven't since 2012, Iconix in NY do.

Toplion are the licensee for Umbro in Ireland

JACC Sports Distributors (jacc.ie) are the distributors for NB, Converse, Hurley, BLK, Kappa etc etc

johnny, is it ok for your company to profit from paying workers less than minimum wage?
irishmale0399 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmale0399 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 8:01pm
What would interest me is, was this deal solely between TopLion (their brands) and the FAI or where other sportswear companies invited to hand in designs or financial offers.
If so who came forward with suggestions and what did they offer?? Why did the FAI go with NB....

Transparency and all that....FAI is transparent or not...nothing to hide
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2017 at 11:08pm
Well, it shouldn't be too tricky to contact Nike Ireland, Adidas Ireland, Puma Ireland, etc etc etc.
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:37pm
Very interesting piece from Paul Rowan in paper about the future kit arrangements for the FAI and the longevity of the soon to end Umbro deal.Nearly 24 continuous years with one brand is in the top 3 kit arrangements from any major nation.

People say we changed kits alot since 1994 but on average we have had the same number of new kits as any other association.

I said before about Ireland heading down the Wales route of the late 90s early 00s when they changed kit supplier every year for a number of years as the Welsh FA couldnt attract a major kit supplier.It will reflect badly if we are "changing kits" every year.

WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 7:40pm
Really hope they would go with Adidas. Would mean we might be able to see some proper retro shirts as part of the deal.

Edited by Denis Irwin - 23 Apr 2017 at 7:40pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Really hope they would go with Adidas. Would mean we might be able to see some proper retro shirts as part of the deal.

The two biggest retro adidas kits id imagine people would want are the 1988 kit with the mesh sleeves and the 1990 kit with the chevron effect i think its called in fancy shirt language.I cant imagine a market would be there for say adidas to produce high quality retro shirts from that era as they would have to produce so many to make it cost effective while at the same time competing with their current "new" kit that would be on sale.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:22pm
Is that our own JohnnyCee?

Interesting read
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:44pm
Never realised Toplion had the power to nominate the kit manufacturer. I wonder is that unusual. I've never heard of an arrangement like that before.

I'm not suggesting anything improper. I just wonder what the reason for it was, as opposed to the FAI dealing with Umbro directly.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Never realised Toplion had the power to nominate the kit manufacturer. I wonder is that unusual. I've never heard of an arrangement like that before.

I'm not suggesting anything improper. I just wonder what the reason for it was, as opposed to the FAI dealing with Umbro directly.
Only 2 men can answer that little cosy situation
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Seems like who ever negotiated the deal certainly was thinking ahead from the Toplion/umbro point of view to insert that clause.The FAI are guaranteed the money up til 2020 from Toplion so in 2010 the FAI were delighted to be getting €2.6 million a year and didn't think too much about that small point as prior to Umbro the last kit Deal was Adidas in 1990 and they only had one brand to offer whereas Toplion look to have a few they could use.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:35pm
Yeah, that probably explains it. A ten year deal for decent money: no reason for the FAI not to accept it.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2017 at 9:54pm
Toplion are/were Umbro's licencee for Ireland, something they no doubt paid a bit of cash to Umbro for in the first place. Would imagine that under it's agreement/licence with Umbro that all Umbro business in this country went through them, including the FAI's. Doubt the FAI would have had an option to deal with Umbro directly under that agreement, if they had sought to, Umbro would have redirected them to Toplion anyway. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
Bad times for everyone it seems. Not only are we moving to New Balance, France are switching to Macron.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 1:53pm
So what happens with faishop.com?  Will it be selling New Balance gear from September onwards? Is that domain actually owned by the FAI or Umbro?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

So what happens with faishop.com?  Will it be selling New Balance gear from September onwards? Is that domain actually owned by the FAI or Umbro?

I would assume that Toplion are in control of the retail side of "faishop.com".So even tho Umbro items will not be sold they already process New Balance orders thru their stock for existing high street retailers so faishop.com will just swap umbro out for new balance,re brand itself and go again.

If it happens once tho it could happen again i think is what Paul Rowan is saying in his article. So technically if Toplion can nominate their brand that the FAI have to wear ***i suppose we could see the Irish team wearing Umbro and New Balance in 2017-2018, Warrior 2018-19 and Kappa 2019-2020***

Thats why Rowan refers to consumers being angry at the FAI if it comes to pass that we have 4 different kit suppliers by 2020. Each with new home,away,third shirts. Then if a new contract is signed in 2020 there will be three more kits so we could have 15 new outfield kits in 4 years. I think i need a lie down!!!.

***Pure speculation on my part***

Edited by irelandshirts - 24 Apr 2017 at 2:25pm

Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2017 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bad times for everyone it seems. Not only are we moving to New Balance, France are switching to Macron.

A load of Bologna.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 147>
  Share Topic