You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 147>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2019 at 10:08am
Paddy Powers save our shirt campaign/sponsorship/publicity stunt would be perfect for our shirt. It would be a win-win and might take away future precedence of sponsorship on the jersey
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:10pm
New home kit out

Last one wasn't out too long
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:11pm
Dead
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:13pm
Absolute muck.
I don't mind when they experiment with dodgy designs for the away kit, but this is probably our worst ever home jersey.
It's not even the right shade of green.
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:19pm
Be soon a new jersey for every game... and thats a similar shade that Celtic have used for away jerseys in the past. Completely gank for our home jersey, and given the timing, id imagine they’ll have another new one should we qualify.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:27pm
They have even got the colour wrong! How the f**k can you get the colour wrong?
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:32pm
I kind of like it.
The Jersey as a full kit no
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:32pm
Ah it's rotten. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Be soon a new jersey for every game... and thats a similar shade that Celtic have used for away jerseys in the past. Completely gank for our home jersey, and given the timing, id imagine they’ll have another new one should we qualify.

Even down to the gold on the jersey. The lack of imagination is atrocious. Can't remember the last time I bought an official home jersey. Have bought mainly anthem jackets the last couple of times

Edited by Denis Irwin - 01 Nov 2019 at 12:34pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:35pm
I actually think this one is decent enough, although I don't understand including a weird little collar for no apparent reason. But again (been saying this since 1990) - GET RID OF THE POXY SPONSOR!!! Celtic offer a cheaper sponsorless one in their shop, also NB. Now that the Brtylcreem'd one has left, can the FAI perhaps start at least pretending to act like a national football association and stop forcing fans to be walking billboards for telecom firms? Pretty please?

Glad to see the anti-sponsorship comments are the default response to these launches. Hopefully the beginning of the end

Edited by skylarking - 01 Nov 2019 at 12:38pm
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:36pm
It's different alright but i honestly think it looks fantastic let's just hope we have a Euro's at home to wear it.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:38pm
Not a fan of the collar or the big stupid 3 logo but I really like it otherwise. 

It reminds me of the old green harp flag. Similar green and gold.

I'd have the green a few shades darker not sure what people are talking about with the whole "it's the wrong green" you don't need to have one standard green on a football shirt. Our flag yes but not a football shirt.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by Ballycastle Ballycastle wrote:

It's different alright but i honestly think it looks fantastic let's just hope we have a Euro's at home to wear it.
If we qualify we'll have a new home and away kit for the euros 
skylarking View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skylarking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:44pm
@Left foot - Agreed, we've used some vile shades of green compared to the greens used on the Nordie and Cameroon home and Germany away kits over the years. At least we never went for that luminous green used by Nigeria a few times. Looks like a packet of chewits or something
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:53pm
It reminds me of a Celtic training top.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:56pm
I'd be considered a 'Huskier gentleman' by most so wearing a darker shade of green really accentuates my pre-Raphaelite curves whilst still maintaining a casual demeanor.

foggy.nelson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foggy.nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 12:57pm
heard a rumour that the FAI's finances arent in great health. So I doubt the sponsor is going any where.

Dont mind the shirt as a football shirt, don't like that there just changing our traditional colour. Maybe its the 'new' FAI

Remember reading an article that france changed there jersey colours a few years ago because they had done studies to show that darker jersey sold better to casual fans. France went through a period between 2007 and 2015 of having a lot of navy jerseys in football and rugby. So maybe thats the reason.

Edited by foggy.nelson - 01 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2019 at 1:01pm
A shocking jersey.

It’ll be black when fellas start sweating in it. A horrible shade of green and the gold looks awful too. One of the worst I’ve ever seen.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4647484950 147>
  Share Topic