Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 147>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Hipster Shyte - What was wrong with O'Neills ?
Keep it Irish.

how much of oneills gear is actually made in ireland?

i'd say the jerseys the gaa teams wear in matches, the rest overseas

the footballs are labelled here but produced elsehwere

oneills keeping it irish is a myth

According to their website they have "extensive manufacturing plants in Strabane, Co. Tyrone and in Walkinstown Avenue, Dublin"

All their footballs and sliotars are made in India.
Chips don't bounce
Sponsored Links

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:14pm
The new Ireland jersey is made in Thailand... the hefty price tag is to cover the postage costs.
willmcc83 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willmcc83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:19pm
The O'Neills footballs are made in Pakistan.. A company called Moore Sports was sourcing them from the same factory and putting an O'Moore's stamp on them in the same style of print on the O'Neills balls

I'm sure the jerseys are made abroad too.. Walkinstown and Strabane are just warehouses...
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

The O'Neills footballs are made in Pakistan.. A company called Moore Sports was sourcing them from the same factory and putting an O'Moore's stamp on them in the same style of print on the O'Neills balls

I'm sure the jerseys are made abroad too.. Walkinstown and Strabane are just warehouses...

For the dyslexic - Walkinstown and Strabane are not brothels.Smile
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Sizing on the leisure gear is worse than the jerseys. Was in lifestyle sports earlier and the lad working in the shop was saying was loads of one's complaining about them and the materials used
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:00pm
Finally got a look at the jersey as nipped into Lifestyle earlier when in town - Actually like it.
I know what people are saying about the crest though I think it's the exact same material as the rugby jersey. Agree with what everybody is saying about the training gear being nearly the same as the previous Umbro gear. Might consider buying the jersey know but will wait and get it cheaper in England.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Sizing on the leisure gear is worse than the jerseys. Was in lifestyle sports earlier and the lad working in the shop was saying was loads of one's complaining about them and the materials used

Small fit alright.  The polo tops are nice but the cheap paper crest ruins it. You can just imagine it tearing or peeling off easily.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 6:42pm

Think its India pal. Met the manufacturers a couple of years ago. Now they might be indian and get them made there.
Chips don't bounce
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 7:06pm

Is definitely a factory in strabane as know people that have worked in it. Think some items are made here and others outside of the country
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
Saw this stuff in the flesh. Jersey is nice. But some of the quality of the training gear is muck. As well as the prices.
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Small fit alright.  The polo tops are nice but the cheap paper crest ruins it. You can just imagine it tearing or peeling off easily.

Hopefully a significant number will moderate their diets. They could be watching Rep of Ireland a few years longer. If enough Fans change their behaviour this jersey could be considered a life-saver.

But fat bastards will always whinge.

The long-sleeve version covers arm tats during job interviews.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by UCDFAN UCDFAN wrote:

Hopefully a significant number will moderate their diets. They could be watching Rep of Ireland a few years longer. If enough Fans change their behaviour this jersey could be considered a life-saver.

I'm probably slimmer than you!LOL I'm 13 stone and 6ft tall.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:21pm

Why would you be wearing a football Jersey to an interview
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:21pm
There is a couple of professional shoplifters in the local boozer and i just happened to be talking to one and mentioned that if he came across (ahem) any of the new Irish gear i might just be interested, his reply had me breaking me bollox laughing "no f**kin self respecting thief would touch that fckin new junk from NB"
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Why would you be wearing a football Jersey to an interview
Because he is a fckin bulimic PRAG LOL
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 4:49pm

Bit rich for you to comment on anyone's weight or diet when you don't know they. For what it's worth have never had any issues with the umbro gear size large was always fine.

As for wearing along sleeve Jersey to a job interview I wish you luck with that one
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 9:38pm

Bit rich for you to comment on anyone's weight or diet when you don't know they. For what it's worth have never had any issues with the umbro gear size large was always fine.

As for wearing along sleeve Jersey to a job interview I wish you luck with that one

It may be more to do with the shape and the cut rather than the size.  And it won't suit some silhouettes. If a long-term contract with a clothing firm motivates some Fans to be 'jersey ready' that may not be a bad thing.

....clothes don't fit me know more.
www.ucdsupporters.ie
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 2017 at 10:03pm
They seem like some good drugs you are onLOL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2223242526 147>
  Share Topic