You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Umbro not for ÉIRE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 147>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by Tyronebhoy Tyronebhoy wrote:

Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Got the new jersey earlier. It's not a classic but it's nice enough. I got it more on the basis that it's the first one that they've brought out in xxxl in a while so I thought I may as well.

Yep, bought it today in XXL in Lifestyle Sports. Nice enough, have to say. The guy said the away one will be in in couple of weeks

Away one out on the 24th
Sponsored Links

Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2017 at 6:11pm
Behind the scenes Video

Edited by Charlton's Child - 16 Aug 2017 at 6:12pm
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:39am
Lifestyle sports has alot of the training gear and leisure wear available on their website now.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 9:46am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

Lifestyle sports has alot of the training gear and leisure wear available on their website now.

Some of it looks very similar to the last umbro range, I do like the grey grey tho

Edited by Charlton's Child - 17 Aug 2017 at 9:54am
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:04am
Originally posted by ringerbell ringerbell wrote:

They still haven't updated the FAI website to include all this new stuff even though it says it will be available from 9 am today
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:10am
Something to suit all tastes to be fair, but the cost of this stuff comes with a hefty price tag.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:30am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Something to suit all tastes to be fair, but the cost of this stuff comes with a hefty price tag.

That's for sure especially when alot of people bought new gear before the euros last year.
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
theheff1989 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
My name badge won a prize

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theheff1989 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Sure don't buy it then.
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:26am
Saw the anthem top today. Thought it looked the business until i saw that poxy text font they use for ÉIRE on the back of it.
Chips don't bounce
newrynyuk View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newrynyuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:16pm
Hang on, at the bottom of the page on th FAI Shop website, it claims to be "the number 1 online store for Ireland’s YBIG fans and ybig community"

YBIG know about this?
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by newrynyuk newrynyuk wrote:

Hang on, at the bottom of the page on th FAI Shop website, it claims to be "the number 1 online store for Ireland’s YBIG fans and ybig community"

YBIG know about this?

Seen that as well here the full text from the page

manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 3:58pm
£60 sterling in the celtic superstore last night same for the track jacket (white) if its any use to anyone 
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:30pm
Tried on some of the gear earlier, Jersey was grand enough.. didnt buy it tho, waiting to see the away in the flesh first.

Training/Pre Match Jersey was lovely, only for the poxy paper like crest. I know by the feel of it, its the same as my rovers jersey thats peeled after a handful of 40 degree washes and never once put in a dryer. Absolute muck.

T-Shirts and Polos are near identical to the last lot of Umbro stuff, too similar to part with the gots of €40 for.

Some nice hoodies and tops tho, otherwise nothing for me, at least until they go on sale.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2017 at 11:53pm
Saw some of the training range today. Second Valo's post about the cheap flimsy crest.  Also the tags are red New balance tags with no reference to Eire which makes it look like generic sports tops with Ireland badges printed on. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 12:03pm
Hipster Shyte - What was wrong with O'Neills ?
Keep it Irish.

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 18 Aug 2017 at 12:05pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Keep it Irish.

Just bought myself the O'Neills retro away gear yesterday. Bought the O'Neills home gear before the Euros last year and it is now my favourite jersey to wear to games

Edited by DangerHere - 18 Aug 2017 at 1:05pm
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:11pm

Keep it Irish.

how much of oneills gear is actually made in ireland?

i'd say the jerseys the gaa teams wear in matches, the rest overseas

the footballs are labelled here but produced elsehwere

oneills keeping it irish is a myth
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2017 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Keep it Irish.

how much of oneills gear is actually made in ireland?

i'd say the jerseys the gaa teams wear in matches, the rest overseas

the footballs are labelled here but produced elsehwere

oneills keeping it irish is a myth

According to their website they have "extensive manufacturing plants in Strabane, Co. Tyrone and in Walkinstown Avenue, Dublin"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2122232425 147>
  Share Topic