You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nervousness Scale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 12:39pm
Excited more than nervous -
"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be. We're going to Da Basque country, que sera sera"...."Or Cardiff"..

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 18 Nov 2019 at 12:41pm
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Fruice View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fruice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 12:59pm
I don’t hold much hope.
But I’d at least hope we do our selfs justice and give it a go if the chance is there.
I feel our best chance is Level with 20 left and tear in to it and see what happens.

Edited by Fruice - 18 Nov 2019 at 1:07pm
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:03pm
10/10 was driving home from night shift this morning and 2fm where playing put them under pressure, emotionally drained already, we can defo do ti's tho
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:04pm
Looking forward to thos game now. My expectations are similar to this day 10 yrs ago. Not holding out much hope but was surprised that night so hopefully again tonight and we put in a rare top performance.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
The only 2 things that are making me nervous 

1. We've had one eye on the nations league for a long time now which tells a story.

2. If we play the same way as we have been for a couple of years now, we'll have learned NOTHING in that time.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:08pm
I’m heading for my 3rd sh*te of the day so I’d say I’m at the upper end of the scale.

But in general I’m relaxed, I do see it as a bit of a free hit, there is no point in going out on a whimper so we have to go for it and I think that will allow a bit of freedom, even if we go behind.

Tyronebhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyronebhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:11pm
Good crowd on train from Belfast, getting excited now. Hope we just go for it from the off, we owe Denmark one. Pain in hole about Dart carry on, though.
Northmen, Southmen, Comrades All
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:20pm
"Well i believe in Ireland and the only thing that scares me is Keyser Soze.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:23pm
Like PM, I would just rather it was over. The thoughts of a playoff x 2 Dead

But that requires us winning Cry
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:26pm
Not bad at the moment.

Through the roof in the last 20 minutes of the game, even if we are (somehow) 2-0 in front
Ecumenical Matter View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ecumenical Matter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:27pm
8 now and rising.   Will go off scale at about 7pm.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I'm just out of the jax after dropping off a fairly sizable load for the second time this morning. 
That was entirely related to a lovely day out on the Guinness yesterday though. No real nerves for tonight so far. I'll get my usual bout of deluded optimism once I start walking to the ground. 

Sounds remarkably like my day and state of mind. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 2:49pm
no nerves and hopefully the majority at the game will concentrate on getting behind the lads from 1st to last minute. Nothing drives me madder than flutes knocking our own. We can do this lads just believe.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

no nerves and hopefully the majority at the game will concentrate on getting behind the lads from 1st to last minute. Nothing drives me madder than flutes knocking our own. We can do this lads just believe.

Right Tommy, so do you want people to just pretend to be positive on the basis of a number of shambolic individual, team and managerial performances this campaign.

When people pay good money on tickets and getting to matches etc they have every right to their opinions.

Would you prefer if we were seeing posts like below? Based on dreams and not reality?

We will beat 3-0 at ease with Denmark not getting a shot on target.

McClean will be MOTM and after 7 stunning performances in qualifying our 8th performance under McCarthy will be our best yet.

Edited by Green Devil - 18 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:02pm
ffs if you can’t do anything but slate non stop why bother!
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

ffs if you can’t do anything but slate non stop why bother!

If this team pulls something out of the bag tonight I will be over the moon, just because I don't have any confidence in the manager and even how we play as a team in part does not mean I don't want us to qualify!

I'm not letting my heart rule my head, after 5 or 6 poor performances in this group from 7 games I feel I have every right to slate the team performances up until now.

I don't think that's unreasonable.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:33pm
2 or  3. I have little to no hope so not a whole lot to be nervous about
ncafc87 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ncafc87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2019 at 3:45pm
Negativity on here is astounding, we are playing Denmark for crying out loud. They have beat us once in 5 games  Wacko 

Win tonight and it's been a great campaign, we are the third best side in this group and we are bang there, results based business. The end justifies the means with potential home games in a tournament to come, once in a lifetime stuff.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 17181920>
  Share Topic