FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neil Lennon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2018 at 12:20pm
His antics last night proved that he should be nowhere near getting the top job with us
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
Sponsored Links

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 2:40pm
Lennon a very good coach, his teams are always well organised. Would be within our budget too. Exactly the type of manager we need
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2018 at 7:35am
Originally posted by LurganRed LurganRed wrote:

Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

What Lennon done in 2010-2011 started what Rodgers has today. He laid the foundations when Celtic were truly in the shadows with Rangers dominating. 

If Rodgers leaves Celtic, Neil Lennon walks into that job. 

His contract is up in 2019, and I doubt him or Parker are on huge salaries. 

Maybe we need a James McClean in the dug out, MON doesn't look like he cares now. Trapp didn't care, we need someone genuinely passionate We've went down the experienced manager route now for 10 years nearly. We need to take a page from Wales and England with Giggs and Southgate. 

I'd like to see who Lennon would take as his team, Parker is the obvious but I wonder if someone like Mjallby would join him or if he'd get an ex ROI international onboard with him.

Michael O'Neill would be a great candidate however I feel parts of East Belfast would burn down. O'Neill himself wouldn't take the job now without some form of break in between.

Wouldn't take their sloppy seconds. Michael, like Martin is an Ulster man before an Irish man.

I completely agree with this. When someone from Derry gets the job you hope and wonder if they have always been a ROI supporter.Five years in the evidence is that he wasn't. I've never felt his heart has been in the job.Would he have been more invested in the NI job?  

I didn't like the look of Michael O'Neill at all in the post match interview last night.I hope he's looking after his health.

lads Dont think you can question the love of there country from players from the north, McClean perfect example and its ridiculous for this to even be an argument 

Hello Neil.
LurganRed View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LurganRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by TonyNotJack TonyNotJack wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

Originally posted by Guppy Guppy wrote:

What Lennon done in 2010-2011 started what Rodgers has today. He laid the foundations when Celtic were truly in the shadows with Rangers dominating. 

If Rodgers leaves Celtic, Neil Lennon walks into that job. 

His contract is up in 2019, and I doubt him or Parker are on huge salaries. 

Maybe we need a James McClean in the dug out, MON doesn't look like he cares now. Trapp didn't care, we need someone genuinely passionate We've went down the experienced manager route now for 10 years nearly. We need to take a page from Wales and England with Giggs and Southgate. 

I'd like to see who Lennon would take as his team, Parker is the obvious but I wonder if someone like Mjallby would join him or if he'd get an ex ROI international onboard with him.

Michael O'Neill would be a great candidate however I feel parts of East Belfast would burn down. O'Neill himself wouldn't take the job now without some form of break in between.

Wouldn't take their sloppy seconds. Michael, like Martin is an Ulster man before an Irish man.

I completely agree with this. When someone from Derry gets the job you hope and wonder if they have always been a ROI supporter.Five years in the evidence is that he wasn't. I've never felt his heart has been in the job.Would he have been more invested in the NI job?  

I didn't like the look of Michael O'Neill at all in the post match interview last night.I hope he's looking after his health.

lads Dont think you can question the love of there country from players from the north, McClean perfect example and its ridiculous for this to even be an argument 
Ibaraki View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibaraki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 6:09pm
No thanks, we need to move away from this type of person as manager. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:57pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

He was in the studio for the Bosnia/NI game and was referring to NI as ‘we’ so it’s a no for me! Don’t want another NI fan as the Ireland manager.

Sometimes I think he does that to wind them up. They hate his guts.

What ?ni fans hate Neil Lennon ? 

Edited by Newryrep - 17 Oct 2018 at 5:58pm
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by armahibee armahibee wrote:

Lol the lad played for armagh minors ffs. For what its worth im not his biggest fan either but hibs are playing some great football and he has turned a bit of a basketcase club into a steady ship. Id be up for him but cant see him leaving hibs.

tend to agree w this. while he wouldn't be the most inspired appointment in a sense I think he certainly plays a better brand of football than MON and has shown at hibs he can keep lesser talented teams in games against better teams. I think he would be an improvement on MON although maybe not a massive one. wouldn't be my first choice but we could do worse and I think he would be decent enough to instill an identity, try and play decent football, and bring trhough the younger players coming in just now
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

He was in the studio for the Bosnia/NI game and was referring to NI as ‘we’ so it’s a no for me! Don’t want another NI fan as the Ireland manager.
Was it Andy Townsend that was doing that while commentating on an England game. 

It was indeed. 

I don’t want Townsend to get the job either.

LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:09pm
LOL
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:09pm
Question to Stickittotheman 

Is it possible to be from the North, play for the North but have an affection for Ireland (Republic now before people get smart). 

Lennon strikes me as someone who is proud to be from the North but would he watch our games and hope we win? Is there a direct rivalry between the 2? Of course there is. So that's why I'm not sure about it. Correct me if I'm wrong but how would the North feel if say Shay Given managed the North, would it be an issue for them?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:07pm

It was indeed. 

I don’t want Townsend to get the job either.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:06pm

It was indeed. 

greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:06pm

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:02pm

Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

Why are we begging lads from the North to manage us?

Why should it matter if the manager is from the north, are we not Irish too?

I'm not getting in to Politics nor do I mean to offend anyone but surely someone who is from the North, plays for the North and has managed the North is in more of a position to manage the North than the Republic. 

How would the North feel if James McClean managed them or was being linked? Just curious? He is Irish is he not? He is from the North is he not? So could he be in a position to manage the North? 

Seriously though I don't want to play games, just think there is better out there and we shouldn't be chasing lads that have already managed the North or played for them. 

The NI fans detest McClean because they see him as a RA sympathiser. They hate him probably more than Neil Lennon. He would be lynched if he turned up at Windsor Park. Like I am from Derry and I have no time for NI or their fans. Everyone in Derry loves McClean and Duffy- there is huge pride that they play regularly. You did say why are we begging lads from the north to manage us- I just found that a wee bit disrespectful. You wouldnt say why are we begging lads from Munster to be our assistant manager would you? But look I am probably over reacting- us nordies are tetchy about the national question lol

it's Londonderry 

Is it aye 

looks like someone didn't learn their history or geography in school 
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:01pm

Sometimes I think he does that to wind them up. They hate his guts.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by LO SCIENZIATO LO SCIENZIATO wrote:

I'm not getting in to Politics nor do I mean to offend anyone but surely someone who is from the North, plays for the North and has managed the North is in more of a position to manage the North than the Republic. 

How would the North feel if James McClean managed them or was being linked? Just curious? He is Irish is he not? He is from the North is he not? So could he be in a position to manage the North? 

Seriously though I don't want to play games, just think there is better out there and we shouldn't be chasing lads that have already managed the North or played for them. 

The NI fans detest McClean because they see him as a RA sympathiser. They hate him probably more than Neil Lennon. He would be lynched if he turned up at Windsor Park. Like I am from Derry and I have no time for NI or their fans. Everyone in Derry loves McClean and Duffy- there is huge pride that they play regularly. You did say why are we begging lads from the north to manage us- I just found that a wee bit disrespectful. You wouldnt say why are we begging lads from Munster to be our assistant manager would you? But look I am probably over reacting- us nordies are tetchy about the national question lol

it's Londonderry 

Is it aye 
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:59pm
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2018 at 4:58pm

it's Londonderry 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic