You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Neil Lennon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Neil Lennon
    Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:19pm

anyone else agree that hes a sh*t manager?

I know hes a celtic legend but he cant handle the pressure and bottles when it matters ,tonight and last thursday been a prime example.

Last season saw the worst rangers team/squad since the paul legeun era and they bottled when it mattered
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:27pm
Its starting to look that way
the negatives of Lennons time in charge are starting to outweigh the good he has done.

For every good performance theres the all too common occurance of a shocking performance -
Motherwell away, CIS Cup Final, ICT away, Sion home and away, St Johnstone home - thats only in the last few months - not good enough
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:31pm

Players completely to blame tonight!!

Ki was sh*te. Dan lost that for us in the first minute. Hard to take.

Still think lennon will come good though
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:34pm
wahay a neil Lennon thread
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

the negatives of Lennons time in charge are starting to outweigh the good he has done.

For every good performance theres the all too common occurance of a shocking performance -
Motherwell away, CIS Cup Final, ICT away, Sion home and away, St Johnstone home - thats only in the last few months - not good enough
if he wasnt a celtic legend ,the fans would have turned on him , add to that the sectarian abuse he suffered last season which imo has added to his cult status
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:04pm
another anti-Celtic thread on here , sweet

feck off

LENNON is the Celtic manager for the forseeable future

i back him
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:11pm
I also back him but i do see Qmans point about his cult status with all the sectarian stuff last year
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:15pm
Dont think Lennon is a legend or a sh*t manager.

I really thought he assembled a good young squad and brought in some good players like Ki, Kayal and Commons. However results speak for themselves.

Didnt watch all the match as I was switching between this and the Rovers game but I really thought they looked stale.

Lennon has to take the hit on this.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

feck off

i back him
Tony how is it "another anti-celtic thread" ??

Q Man has made valid points and even some Celtic fans agree. All Q Man has done is state that Lennon simply isnt up to the task and highlighted his reasons for this which imo he is 100% correct on. If Lennon remains then the club aint gonna be going anywhere fast in my opinion. Alright he has brought back a good style of football but he cant make them win consistantly nor can he win the big games - from memory he has won 1 big game out of how many?
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:54pm

feck off

i back him

another anti celtic thread Shocked listen prag i always stand up for celtic on here

but you can see how the anti-celtic brigade always get bites when you got gim p****s like you
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 4:56pm

feck off

i back him

Confused
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:02pm
Shocking manager. Looks like he has no control over the players
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:05pm
Players let him down big time tonight.....namely dan and ki.

Worrying thing is if we lose the likes of ki, kayal and izzy now that theres no europe and we don't have the extra cash to get in the targetman we need.
However i think if these players stay then we will win the league and lennon will stay.
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2011 at 5:18pm
Wouldnt go blaming Lennon.  Celtic were turned down by Owen Coyle , who lived down the street from Celtic, his boyhood team , because the SPL is a biggoted loads of sh*te than nobody watches. You cant attract any top players there. Ok, they've done well in getting Ki, Izzy, Hooper and Kayal but they wont stay.  There is no tv money, f**k all sponsorship. They cannot compete with teams from the championship. Rangers were actually clever last year, they loaned Weiss, Bartley and Diouf and spent everything on one quality player in Jelavis (4.5m).
Middlesboro is a more attractive option now for players.
Cardiff, Reading etc etc etc. Nobody wants to be in Scotland.

I wouldnt judge him on European results but only on SPL and this season will tell.
Johnnybhoy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnnybhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:27am
Originally posted by The Q Man The Q Man wrote:

if he wasnt a celtic legend ,the fans would have turned on him , add to that the sectarian abuse he suffered last season which imo has added to his cult status

Absolutely spot on, completely lost in europe he is, parcel bombs or no parcel bombs if he doesnt win the leage this year he should be gone.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:30am
At the end of the day a manager lives and dies on his results

If Strachan had had these set of results he'd have been hounded down the London Rd a long time ago
FFS he took Celtic to 3 in a row, and the last 16 of the champions league and still fans hated him and wanted rid of him from day 1

A lot of its to do with who and what you are at Celtic, certain managers get cut a lot more slack by the fans than others, as we're seeing

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Aug 2011 at 3:33am
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:32am

As I said on the other thread, once that fookin useless turnip got sent off it was an uphill struggle to get a win or score draw to put us through.  I'd back Lennon still, but he has to turn recent results around and quickly.

We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Barry View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2011 at 3:47am

At the end of the day a manager lives and dies on his results

If Strachan had had these set of results he'd have been hounded down the London Rd a long time ago
FFS he took Celtic to 3 in a row, and the last 16 of the champions league and still fans hated him and wanted rid of him from day 1

A lot of its to do with who and what you are at Celtic, certain managers get cut a lot more slack by the fans than others, as we're seeing

I never could undertsand this,was that down to the fact he played for aberdeen?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic