You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Need to be back in town for 7:30 after Scot game
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Need to be back in town for 7:30 after Scot game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need to be back in town for 7:30 after Scot game
    Posted: 26 May 2015 at 5:47pm
I need to be at the Hueston St direction directly after the Scotland. I need to be there before half 7 to catch a lift to the wesht of Ireland. I have to attend a bleedin birthday that I can't get out of. Does anyone know what the quickest route back there to avoid traffic would be? I know the area well being from Dublin but I'm hoping a YBIG brother knows where traffic usually isn't bad after a game. 

Muchos gracias brothers. 

Edited by ABFC - 26 May 2015 at 5:55pm
Sponsored Links

daffyp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daffyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 6:02pm
You haven't a chance of making it. Hope this was of help 👍
ABFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ABFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 7:10pm
Originally posted by daffyp daffyp wrote:

You haven't a chance of making it. Hope this was of help 👍

Lovely stuff duffyp. Your input is greatly appreciated. You're a gent and a scholar. YBIG would be a lesser place without your posting. 
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 8:58pm
As a great man once said, You haven't a chance of making it 

*unless you leave at 80mns and hop in a taxi
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:07pm
You'll make it if you give me your ticket for free and stay at home Thumbs Up
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:28pm
You can get out of it. You can man up for a start and say you have prior arrangements.

Seriously, be selfish for a change, go the match and enjoy it.

Even if you do leave at 7:30 and arrive down their at whatever time, there is no doubt they would have forget about you in the meantime, they'd be half cut themselves.

Unless it's your wife or girl friend.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You can get out of it. You can man up for a start and say you have prior arrangements.

Even if you do leave at 7:30 and arrive down their at whatever time, there is no doubt they would have forget about you in the meantime, they'd be half cut themselves.

Or boyfriend 
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Or boyfriend 

Horsebox meant what he said, sure he voted No
depechemode View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote depechemode Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 10:34pm
What's selfish about going to an Ireland match . I think it's selfish to have a birthday on the day of a big match and expect you to break your ass getting there .
I had an an invite to a wedding down the country the day italy played us here in the 2-2 draw in Croke park .
I enjoyed the match and even the groom said he was disgusted he had it on that day as he's an ireland fan .
It is what it is
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 10:37pm
Leave early and have a taxi prebooked. The very earliest the match will be over is 6.50pm but realistically, it will be 7ish. Heuston is a good 15-20mins taxi, and that's not including the time it takes to get from the front of Heuston to the train, which is a bit of a walk. All the above hasn't factored in the the hold up there'll be getting out of the stadium and then driving out of the vicinity. You've not a hope of making it if you stay til full time. 
eire77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2015 at 10:42pm
Yeah you'll have to leave before full time and bolt to catch a taxi before the crowd gets out. Well do-able if leave at 88 mins or thereabouts but in my book only an ultimate twat leaves a match with time remaining.

However there is an 20.10 train to Galway if that's any good to you?
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me...
Ballycastle View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ballycastle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:11am
Why don't you contact one of the supporters club to see if you can get a lift on one of their coaches? Depends on what part of the West your heading for?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 9:36am
Game scheduled to end at 6.50.....
Exit stadium (depends on seat) - 5-10 mns (6:58)
Walk to Ballsbridge Hotel taxi rank (with empty pavements)  - 8mns (7: 06)
Taxi to Heuston (with zero traffic) - 20mns (7:26)
Taxi dropoff to train - 5mns (7:31)

Add in traffic, extra if your seat is far from the exit etc, you'd want to be leaving by 78th minute I reckon. That would give you about 14mns to spare, still very tight. 
eire28 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eire28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:51am
Your only solution is to buy a jet pack mate
schillaci View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
I love Scott HULK Hogan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schillaci Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 10:57am
Would you not get one of those bikes on the bike scheme and cycle up along the quays. Theres a bike station at Heuston you can leave the bike at. It would only take 20 minutes from Lansdowne road

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/Stations/View-stations/Coca-Cola-Zero-dublinbikes-station-list

Edited by schillaci - 27 May 2015 at 11:00am
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:02am
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

Would you not get one of those bikes on the bike scheme and cycle up along the quays. Theres a bike station at Heuston you can leave the bike at. It would only take 20 minutes from Lansdowne road

http://www.dublinbikes.ie/Stations/View-stations/Coca-Cola-Zero-dublinbikes-station-list
Good call schillaci.ClapClapClapClap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 11:10am
Where is it you are getting back to? Maybe there is a ybigger heading in a similar area?
irish_goat View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irish_goat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2015 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by schillaci schillaci wrote:

And rock up the party smelling like a bag of onions. LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic