You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

*************Need Help Teams Wanted***********

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: *************Need Help Teams Wanted***********
    Posted: 11 Jul 2013 at 10:28am
We've had a few teams pull out of the YBIG tournament, it nearly always happens.

There are loads of you that play football or know mates that play football, can you pass on this info and try and get a team in. Thanks.

Righto we're gonna put on the tournament on July 27th, Dublin. Venue Irishtown Stadium, Ringsend Dublin 4. It'll be €400 per team. Squads of 10-12 players.

Each player is expected to raise a minimum of €40 (depends on number of squad).
So essentially asking 8 people to sponsor you for €5 

Money raised will go to the YBIG Charities Aoibheann's Pink Tie and Shine. I'll update with further details as it comes along.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Top Keeper:                                Jersey and Gloves
Player of the Tournament:          Two tickets to players lounge     
Top Scorer:                                  Two tickets to players lounge     
Team that raises the most:         Fully signed jersey           

1st          10 Season Tickets in the Singing Section worth €1240
2nd          Puma Kit for 10
3rd          €100 voucher for Slattery's bar
4th          Set of bibs

Crossbar challenge and knocked out teams raffle

Any team knocked out in the first round will get a raffle ticket for each player, and also free entry to the crossbar challenge. The C.B.C. will be run when the semi-finals and finals are held. In Slattery's we will put up a lot of small prizes from ybig jerseys and t-shirts to free pints for the raffle, not sure exactly what we'll have for the C.B.C.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

How long are the halves?
No halves, it'll be group games of around 25minutes, 3 group games. So every team will get over an hour off football, we may if we've time play extra games i.e. teams knocked out in the group stages will play each other.

Are we playing on the astro turf?
Yes, the full size pitch beside Irishtown Stadium, it will be divided into four, like we do with our league games with Inter7s.com

Any idea of a start time?
Registration will be about 11, and kick offs about 12, should be finished by about 4/5

will we be wearing bibs to distinguish teams?
Ideally you'd bring jerseys but yes we have loads of sets of bibs if needs be, we'll supply balls etc etc

Afters
We'll go to upstairs in Slatterys (5 mins away). This will be for the presentation of winning team, player of the tournament, top goal scorer, top keeper and team that raises the most and individual if someone raises loads. If the charities are interested they can also give a quick speech. Slattery's sponsors our leagues so I'll get some extra perks out of them.

Anything else
Working on trying to get a recent former player to be the face of the tournament, hoping we can do something with him - I'll post up the info once I get it.

We plan to grow this tournament into a really big annual tournament with 32 teams, so all support getting the first one of the ground would be appreciated. If you could copy the poster and send it on to any lads you know that play football.

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic