You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nations League 2022 Group B1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 54>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 11:06am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Well then another Nations League Campaign over and again relegation avoided.

Yes we all would have liked to have finished higher and yes there were bad moments Armenia away being the main one.

But lets look at the positives 

• A lot of our younger players have grown into the team.
  • Players like Cullen, Parrott, Bazunu, Molumby, Knight for example 
  • We're playing better football

O'Shea, Ogbene, Obafemi, Kelleher, Collins too, but yes time to close this thread and move on to bigger and better things!
Idah Dream!
Sponsored Links

Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2022 at 6:27pm
Ireland 3rd in League B (behind Serbia & Scotland) for "Teams that create more than they concede":

Edited by Greenie50 - 28 Sep 2022 at 6:30pm
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:09pm
Combined player stats from the 2022 Nations League campaign

All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by tetsujin1979 tetsujin1979 wrote:

Combined player stats from the 2022 Nations League campaign

Interesting, but I wish they'd do these where players have played a minimum of 3 games at least or if the stats were per 90. I mean Brady only played once and had 6 key passes at home to Armenia and his duel success rate has him third in the table on 67%. They are interesting, but have to be taken in the context of games/minutes played e.g. Cyrus Christie is 4th in the % passes completed table.
Idah Dream!
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:00pm
You know I run that account, right?
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 2:23pm

I didnt know that and I'm not denigrating it at all, so apologies if it came across that way. I'm just pointing out that while interesting and informative, they have to be looked at wrt games/minutes played during the campaign.
Idah Dream!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

I didnt know that and I'm not denigrating it at all, so apologies if it came across that way. I'm just pointing out that while interesting and informative, they have to be looked at wrt games/minutes played during the campaign.

LOL
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 3:27pm
The raw data is provided as well as percentages, therefore the way it is presented is sound. 
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 4:17pm
Great work Tets, and Irish Abroad is the go too page for stats. Always look forward to your breakdown on how certain players have performed during international windows
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2022 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Great work Tets, and Irish Abroad is the go too page for stats. Always look forward to your breakdown on how certain players have performed during international windows
Thank you, it's a hobby for me, but I enjoy it
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 5:03pm
Confirmed by UEFA today that, from the next Nations League onwards, the teams that finish second in the B league will get a promotion playoff against the teams that finish third in the A league. 

Also, the teams that finish third in the B league will have to play a relegation playoff against teams from the C League. Games to be played in March every second year. So, had this been in place for this campaign we'd be facing a relegation playoff against Slovakia or someone this March rather than starting the next set of qualification groups.

To address the issue of the extra games qualification groups are going to be reduced to four and five team groups from the next campaign onwards, with only one automatic qualification place guaranteed in each group. 12 groups of 4 and 5 teams. So, a real need for us to be ranked in the top 24 in Europe when the next cutoff comes around to avoid dropping into a minnow pot.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Confirmed by UEFA today that, from the next Nations League onwards, the teams that finish second in the B league will get a promotion playoff against the teams that finish third in the A league. 

Also, the teams that finish third in the B league will have to play a relegation playoff against teams from the C League. Games to be played in March every second year. So, had this been in place for this campaign we'd be facing a relegation playoff against Slovakia or someone this March rather than starting the next set of qualification groups.

To address the issue of the extra games qualification groups are going to be reduced to four and five team groups from the next campaign onwards, with only one automatic qualification place guaranteed in each group. 12 groups of 4 and 5 teams. So, a real need for us to be ranked in the top 24 in Europe when the next cutoff comes around to avoid dropping into a minnow pot.

Such a load of bollocks, more games nobody needs or wants. I know they aren't extra games per se but I'd prefer none of this hassle and have a friendly or two instead as it is currently.

I was on board the concept of NL from the start but its getting tiresome already with this sh*te and having no chance to bed in players in friendlies or play opposition from outside of Europe. 

Edited by Bandwagon - 25 Jan 2023 at 6:07pm
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Such a load of bollocks, more games nobody needs or wants. I know they aren't extra games per se but I'd prefer none of this hassle and have a friendly or two instead as it is currently.

I was on board the concept of NL from the start but its getting tiresome already with this sh*te and having no chance to bed in players in friendlies or play opposition from outside of Europe.

Ten South American teams are meant to be joining in 2024 and some teams will still have friendlies.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 6:30pm
That's been quietly canned I think.
VanBosch View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanBosch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2023 at 8:54pm
The other thing it does rightly or wrongly is it mixes the leagues up from season to season. The 2nd and 3rd teams (likely us) can move up down now.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:04pm
Any idea when the draw will be for next year's Nations League? I can't find anything online about it.

Given that the previous Nations League has an impact on Euro 2024 playoffs next March, the draw would be after that maybe? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:08pm
Last draw was made December 2021 when the WC play offs were still to be played so would assume they'll have them in December again.

Edited by J89 - 14 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm
Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2023 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Any idea when the draw will be for next year's Nations League? I can't find anything online about it.

Given that the previous Nations League has an impact on Euro 2024 playoffs next March, the draw would be after that maybe? 

League C relegation play-offs aren't until March so presumably can't be done before then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4950515253 54>
  Share Topic