You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nationalities that purchased tickets for Poznan
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nationalities that purchased tickets for Poznan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
What powers have MODS got?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damo21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:17pm
It will be like  home games for us with the amount of Irish buying tickets.
he who lies down with the dog will come up with fleas
Sponsored Links

mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:51pm
These figures do not make any sense.

Why would the Italians be returning 2000 tickets and still have 11-12000 coming.

Here is a breakdown of the ticket allocations:
http://prasowy.um.warszawa.pl/rok-do-euro/02_Fact%20sheets%20in%20English/12_Ticketing_EN_June2011.pdf

Assuming they count it as capacity of 40,000 and not the actual 43,000

41% 16,400  General Public

32% 12,800 National Associations

14%  5,600 Commercial Partners & fan promotions.

4%   1,600 City residents

4% 1,600 Corporate hospitality

3% 1,200 Football family

2% 800   VIP guests

These figures below would indicate general sales and the National allocations.

Irlandia 12 063
Polska 8 312
Chorwacja 6 238
Niemcy 688
Anglia 231
USA 135
Irlandia Północna 101
Holandia 86
Australia 57
Kanada 55

We bought most of the corporate hospitality according to UEFA, so thats at least another 1000 imo.

Edited by mactifosi - 21 May 2012 at 1:58pm
http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:59pm
I don't think there is any way on earth that Italy will be bringing any more then a couple of thousand to these games . For this reason i don't believe those initial breakdowns. They jsut dont make sense

"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
armahibee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armahibee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:59pm
I'm no maths genius but that look likes we will have 28000 plus fans, that can't be right
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:02pm

Edited by Barna Bee - 21 May 2012 at 2:05pm
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

I don't think there is any way on earth that Italy will be bringing any more then a couple of thousand to these games . For this reason i don't believe those initial breakdowns. They jsut dont make sense

They wont be, they already returned tickets.

Based on this we should have already 14,000 approx. in the stadium.

Of the remaining tickets I wonder how many we have bought?
How many the Poles have sold to us?
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:22pm

Italy will be well represented. Biggest sport by a mile in a country of 60 million people. They'll have as many as us.
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Italy will be well represented. Biggest sport by a mile in a country of 60 million people. They'll have as many as us.

Yes but they dont travel well.

I've was at a Juve away match, less than 50 Juve supporters turned up.

They will come after the group stages me thinks.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:47pm
I reckon the numbers include the national fans portal but class all sales on the fans portal as the country in question.

Sponsors, UEFA other national associations would not be counted. 
Mr Marbles View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Marbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

They wont be in the tournament after the group stages 
whitesideOnside View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whitesideOnside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:09pm
If you translate the link the story is from it comes out as this

12 000 .. After the Irish on the matches of Euro 2012 in Poznan! Who else has bought tickets for the meeting in Poland?
  . nose, AAA Print wyb21.05.2012 10:40 We arrived at the data on the number of tickets sold by the matches of UEFA Euro 2012 in Poland. Overall, in this way, tickets for the championship meet in our country bought more than 250 thousand Poles! The battles in Poznan, most guests are willing to Ireland, followed in Croatia and Italy. During the Polish national team games will support the largest group of rivals from Russia.
Tickets sold directly by UEFA is not the only tickets for the matches of Euro 2012. In a separate pool of tickets are given out by the sponsors and federations

Seems to suggest it doesn't include national association allocations.
Doesn't explain why Italy has 5k on this but is returning 2k of their own allocation
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:41pm
One potential reason why Italians may have returned tickets from their official allocation is because initially they (like us) would have had thresholds to applying. Once they didn't fill their quote, they returned the allocation rather than reduce the threshold. Just a potential reason.
da scientist View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
I've a tiny micky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da scientist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by NewrycityonTour NewrycityonTour wrote:

For those without translate skills.

Ireland 12 063
Poland 8 312
Croatia 6 238
Germany 688
England 231
United States 135
Northern Ireland 101
Netherlands 86
Australia 57
Canada 55

Irland - Italy game:

Ireland 12 204
Poland 8 263
Italy 5 346
Germany 700
England 246
United States 138
Canada 119
The Netherlands 103
Northern Ireland 89

still couldnt beat greenforever 72 
EastTerracer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EastTerracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 6:31pm
It sounds like the FAI are still trying to obtain more tickets for fans who missed out on the initial official allocation
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/0521/1224316489597.html
GF91 View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GF91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by EastTerracer EastTerracer wrote:

It sounds like the FAI are still trying to obtain more tickets for fans who missed out on the initial official allocation
http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2012/0521/1224316489597.html

"The FAI now estimates that 10,000 Irish fans have tickets for the Croatia and Spain matches and 12,000 have tickets for the Italian match."

Surely theres far more than that. If thos ticket portal numbers are right we should have at least 17,000 for the Croatia game and 19,000 for the Italy game no? Even though I'd imagine it'll be a good bit higher than that aswell. Plus out of all those tickets bought from Polish nationals on the portal I assume a good chunk of them will find their way into Irish hands aswell.

Also, says on that link its expected that theres 20,000 Irish travelling, but wasn't someone on here recently saying there was far more than that? Anyone know whose right? I reckon there'll be a good bit more than 20,000 travelling. Hope so anyway, lets turn these into home games. Got sorted for Croatia tickets yesterday aswell so have all 3 games now. Good stuff.
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:07pm
Will be a case of "Spot the Italian" on June 18th!Thumbs Up
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Mr Marbles Mr Marbles wrote:

Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

They wont be in the tournament after the group stages 

My apologies, i was speaking hypothetically :)
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 8:56pm
The figures in the article match roughly matches these two allocations and these allocations went through the portal.

41% 16,400  General Public - included in general lottery in Poland and Ukraine, available for re-sale on portal.

32% 12,800 National Associations.

To my knowledge these tickets below were not sold through the portal.

"the article states that this figure does not include sponsors and federations"

14%  5,600 Commercial Partners & fan promotions.  (sponsors)

4%   1,600 City residents

4% 1,600 Corporate hospitality - UEFA says Irish fans were dominating this segment.

3% 1,200 Football family  (Federations)

2% 800   VIP guests

But to be honest the story does not appear to be well sourced which it not untypical for this newspaper when writing about football.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic