You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Fraser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

..and what if he accepts the call up, plays both games then does a Declan Rice and f**ks off anyway later in the year anyway?

2 caps robbed from players who deserve them more and want to play for their country and absolutely nothing gained.

Its nonsense.

You have to wait 3 years after a cap to switch.

But if you put him with the U21s he might f**k off before senior level having taken U21s caps away from more committed players. Same result. There's no perfect solution, but the long term health of the squad is more important than 1 player.

And again, you don't actually have to leave anyone out. The striker options this window are Ferguson, Idah, Szmodics, Parrott, Keane.

Robinson is injured.
Obafemi & Connolly aren't fully fit & shouldn't be in this squad.

So, start Ferguson-Szmodics vs Belgium, bring Keane-Parrott off the bench
Start Idah vs Switzerland, bring on Fraser.

Everyone gets a game.

Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

If he plays in March and then decides he's English then he has to wait until March 2027 I believe before he can switch. Which I doubt would happen because he'd either take the caps cause he wants to play for us or will turn down the call up to avoid being tied to us for the next three years at a minimum.

Exactly.

Sponsored Links

razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

..and what if he accepts the call up, plays both games then does a Declan Rice and f**ks off anyway later in the year anyway?

2 caps robbed from players who deserve them more and want to play for their country and absolutely nothing gained.

Its nonsense.

You have to wait 3 years after a cap to switch.

But if you put him with the U21s he might f**k off before senior level having taken U21s caps away from more committed players. Same result. There's no perfect solution, but the long term health of the squad is more important than 1 player.

And again, you don't actually have to leave anyone out. The striker options this window are Ferguson, Idah, Szmodics, Parrott, Keane.

Robinson is injured.
Obafemi & Connolly aren't fully fit & shouldn't be in this squad.

So, start Ferguson-Szmodics vs Belgium, bring Keane-Parrott off the bench
Start Idah vs Switzerland, bring on Fraser.

Everyone gets a game.

If he plays in March and then decides he's English then he has to wait until March 2027 I believe before he can switch. Which I doubt would happen because he'd either take the caps cause he wants to play for us or will turn down the call up to avoid being tied to us for the next three years at a minimum.

Exactly.

It's not Championship Manager.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by Razors left peg Razors left peg wrote:

Some lads would have us constantly picking an u17s team, just in case they are good LOL

Strawman alert.Exclamation

Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

It's not Championship Manager.

Wow. Really?Confused

And here was me thinking it's really common to rotate the XI in friendlies to get everyone a game! 

It's a good thing you were here to set me straight, who knows what kind of trouble I might have found myself in had I gone on thinking this was Championship Manager!

Edited by Greenie50 - 09 Mar 2024 at 11:16pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 11:21pm
Looks older than he is 
Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 9:51am
2 pages of posters arguing whether he should be in the squad or not. Did anyone actually watch the game and how did he play ?LOL
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 2:31pm
He will more than likely be starting an FA Cup QF next week as Pablo Sarabia is the only fit senior forward. Outside of putting Matt Doherty up front which admittedly could work considering his predatory finishing instincts from his time at Wolves. Tongue

Originally posted by Greenlad11 Greenlad11 wrote:

2 pages of posters arguing whether he should be in the squad or not. Did anyone actually watch the game and how did he play ?LOL

Hard working, put himself about and occupied the CBs. Senior players probably need to get used to him as he is Wolves only traditional 9 who makes those kind of movements and they didnt seem to recognise when he was in good positions. Involved in build up go the 2nd goal (not an assist but at least he was up there involved) and had a decent chance. Overall didn't look out of place but didn't set the world of fire.. Wolves fans have been fairly positive which is high praise considering how much young players are usually judged but he's a Wolverhampton lad and we won so all is good .. at the moment. Sleepy

Greenlad11 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenlad11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2024 at 7:09pm
Thanks for that !
footballman View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote footballman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Luis Amor Rodriguez Luis Amor Rodriguez wrote:

If you're a 20 year old Irish striker starting in the Premier League in 2024, you should be straight into the Senior Squad.  Simples. 

I've never seen this lad play but this is a nonsense argument. Loads of kids play 1 or 2 PL games every season because of injuries, suspensions, etc. it doesn't mean they're better than guys playing in the championship or Leagur 1 as most of them will do well to even end up at that level
razzmatazaz View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote razzmatazaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

If you're a 20 year old Irish striker starting in the Premier League in 2024, you should be straight into the Senior Squad.  Simples. 

I've never seen this lad play but this is a nonsense argument. Loads of kids play 1 or 2 PL games every season because of injuries, suspensions, etc. it doesn't mean they're better than guys playing in the championship or Leagur 1 as most of them will do well to even end up at that level

By this guy's logic, Kevin Toner should have been capped by us.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by razzmatazaz razzmatazaz wrote:

Originally posted by footballman footballman wrote:

By this guy's logic, Kevin Toner should have been capped by us.

Was Kevin Toner a 20 year old striker playing Premier League football in 2024?
We're decent enough..
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 11:23am
Starts for Wolves in their FA cup tie against Coventry.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 11:25am

What’s this lad’s connection? Sounds east Belfast to me.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 11:42am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Markethill.

He's Willie's nephew.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Haven't a clue but his mam grew up in Liverpool and dad West Bromwich.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 1:38pm
Nathan was born in Wolverhampton, I think he was fostered ( and has a brother who was also fostered ) so his Irish eligibility origins might be a bit difficult to find. Subbed after an hour, Doherty on.

Edited by Green Cockade - 16 Mar 2024 at 1:48pm
Brunocruz View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brunocruz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2024 at 10:54am
It's a good move by the Premier League to expand the benches, giving more opportunities for these up-and-coming players to showcase their skills.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2024 at 8:59pm
All goals, red & yellow cards posted on mastodon and facebook
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic