You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Fraser

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nathan Fraser
    Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:03pm
Nathan Fraser is the latest Irish player to make the Wolves bench in the Premier League. Him, Connor Ronan and Joe Hodge all on the bench today.

Fraser is the first Irish player born in 2005 to feature in a Premier League matchday squad. 

He's also the eighth Irish player aged 21 or under to make a Premier League matchday squad this season. A positive impact of the league moving to nine man benches I think.

Edited by You Tell Me - 05 Nov 2022 at 2:26pm
Sponsored Links

J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:16pm
Three games left that the interim manager will be in charge of with Lopetegui taking over once the league breaks. Hopefully some of the young Irish lads get minutes especially with the League Cup next week.

Can be sure Lopetegui was told he'll have funds to spend for players that he wants.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Three games left that the interim manager will be in charge of with Lopetegui taking over once the league breaks. Hopefully some of the young Irish lads get minutes especially with the League Cup next week.

Can be sure Lopetegui was told he'll have funds to spend for players that he wants.

Hoping Hodge gets a run from the start tbh although the interim manager might play it cagey and not rest anyone!

He will get funds but it's January it's not like they are going to sign oceans of players! If he plays 5 at the back he might prioritize a CB and will almost certainly be prioritizing a striker and attacking players!!
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Hoping Hodge gets a run from the start tbh although the interim manager might play it cagey and not rest anyone!

He will get funds but it's January it's not like they are going to sign oceans of players! If he plays 5 at the back he might prioritize a CB and will almost certainly be prioritizing a striker and attacking players!!

Normally plays a 4-3-3.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:26pm

Normally plays a 4-3-3.

Attacking players will be the order of the day so won't it. Striker a priority. 
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 2:45pm
I was expecting this several first team injuries as well as our only fit striker being suspended and Fraser has been good for the u21s. Had a very good game on Monday. Might have the chance of retaining hie spot on the bench during the league cup too.

Wouldn't suprise me, I don't think we will prioritise the cup due to our league form. There is a decent chance 2-3 of our midfield will be at the World Cup and they won't want to be risked. 

JL plays 433 usually just like Wolves this season. But we need a more experienced CB regardless as I learnt when Collins was suspended it put us in a sticky spot. 

As for the young Irish lads I'm not sure what JLs record with young players are. He gave 16 year old Ruben Neves his debut then made him captain in a CL game at 17/18 but not many young players are Ruben Neves level.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:51pm
BUMP after his goal and assist tonight, does it earn him a spot with the U21s?
Idah Dream!
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2023 at 11:55pm
Still under 19 eligible for next year and they have games coming up this autumn I think, so would expect him to go there at least initially anyway.
Banana_RepublicFC View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banana_RepublicFC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 10:58am
He got a fair bit of luck for both his assist and the goal. Heavily deflected.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug 2023 at 11:41am
Legs are gone.
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 11:07am
He was in the Wolves first team sqaud picture and has a profile on the first team section of the Wolves website so he's looking official now.

Will likely still play u21 football for now but hopefully will be involved the cup game in a few weeks and then get minutes off the bench in the PL if he gets on the bench due to injuries/suspensions. He definitely had loan interest but he is being kept around the squad for now only 18 still so can always go on loan next season if CF numbers are improved by then if he hasn't fully broken through.

As a Wolves fan I'm going to be very sad and conflicted if he decides he's English again. He would be much harder to hate than the likes of Grealish and Rice haha. Tongue

Edited by SC92 - 21 Sep 2023 at 11:08am
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2023 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by SC92 SC92 wrote:

He was in the Wolves first team sqaud picture and has a profile on the first team section of the Wolves website so he's looking official now.

Will likely still play u21 football for now but hopefully will be involved the cup game in a few weeks and then get minutes off the bench in the PL if he gets on the bench due to injuries/suspensions. He definitely had loan interest but he is being kept around the squad for now only 18 still so can always go on loan next season if CF numbers are improved by then if he hasn't fully broken through.

As a Wolves fan I'm going to be very sad and conflicted if he decides he's English again. He would be much harder to hate than the likes of Grealish and Rice haha. Tongue

If he's left out of the next U19 squad, I'd be seriously worried as their next games are competitive.
Idah Dream!
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:15pm
Scores the equaliser 2 minutes after coming off the bench vs Brentford

Edited by Bandwagon - 16 Jan 2024 at 9:16pm
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2024 at 9:23pm
Sounds like he should of got a second a few minutes later! 
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 10:00pm
On for his PL debut
SC92 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SC92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 6:42am
Big moment for him. I imagine he will continue to get minutes in certain games as Wolves stopped his loan due to him due to lack of striker cover.
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:12am
So at what point do we cap him? This will only go one way if we don’t.
foden1981 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foden1981 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 12:47pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

So at what point do we cap him? This will only go one way if we don’t.

Cap him as soon as possible . England are on the look out for the next Harry Kane. If starts getting games and scoring goals the FA will be after him .

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic