You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 97>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2020 at 3:22pm
Another header for Collins. Stoke 1-0 up against Middlesbrough.
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 7:55pm
Trying to be more positive on this forum and with that I'd say that Nathan Collins is locking down a position at Stoke. 

Seems to be playing right back for them, the one position we dont seem to have trouble with in player development as we have Doherty, Coleman Collins and Oshea all having experience playing there.

Oshea, Collins and Knight seems to be making progress which is good to see 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:43pm
5 clean sheets in his last 6 games since breaking into the starting lineup against Sheffield Wednesday.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm
Lad seems to have really got rolling for them. If Stoke don’t go up this year they will be a great bet to go up next year as they are gradually improving and id think that improvement will continue next year. 

Might be no harm for Collins if they don’t get promoted this year.
He’s a real talent id have him and Bazunu as our 2 most likely prospects to be playing with a top top club in thre next 5/10 years at the moment (Kelleher Doherty playing at a high level of course)

Edited by kevin100 - 15 Dec 2020 at 10:13pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Lad seems to have really got rolling for them. If Stoke don’t go up this year they will be a great bet to go up next year as they are gradually improving and id think that improvement will continue next year. 

He’s a real talent id have him and Bazunu as our 2 most likely prospects to be playing with a top top club in thre next 5/10 years at the moment (Kelleher Doherty playing at a high level of course)

Closing in on a return from a broken finger. Rochdale won 5-0 tonight away to Wigan. Brian Barry-Murphy doing a good job on a small budget; he has them playing good football.

Hopefully he continues to bolster his reputation and who knows, we might have an Irish-born manager in the Championship again for the first time in a long time.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:26pm

I'd have Knight on a par with them as well. When you see how Collins is doing and look at O'Shea's performance tonight - there is a lot there to be hopeful about. It won't happen overnight though, it will take a few years.

I actually think Collins will be ready if they do go up. And if they don't go up this season or next he'll be sold to a higher level club I think.

Edited by You Tell Me - 15 Dec 2020 at 10:27pm
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm

Trap or MON would have loved him as a right back. He’s a big solid lad. I don’t know if he has the attacking mobility to prosper as a full back but he certainly has the physical attributes to be a good centre half. 

Edited by MC Hammered - 15 Dec 2020 at 10:38pm
El Puto Amo
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:14am
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

I'd have Knight on a par with them as well. When you see how Collins is doing and look at O'Shea's performance tonight - there is a lot there to be hopeful about. It won't happen overnight though, it will take a few years.

I actually think Collins will be ready if they do go up. And if they don't go up this season or next he'll be sold to a higher level club I think.

Watched the Stoke vs Spurs game Collins had a decent game thought he looked very comfortable playing against quality opposition. The youngest player in that Stoke team but you’d think he was the senior statesman. 

Happy to double down on it of all our present/future players currently I would place him ahead of Bazunu in 2nd as most likely to play at a top top club/level (Kelleher/Doherty aside of course who are at top clubs/have played for them) 

I’d even go as far to say I’d be slightly disappointed if he didn’t go a similar way to say Joe Rodon for Wales (getting a move to a big club at 23/24 if nothing else he’s 3/4 seasons off that yet) and I’d say Collins ceiling is a more than a bit higher than Rodons. 

Might sound like big praise and of course hes need luck with injuries, a good attitude etc but I really rate this lad. 

Be happy if he stayed at Stoke this year and got his games and even next year in the Championship for them once he plays. Needs to keep playing to that standard and improving of course but if he does even if they don’t go up in 21/22 he will almost certainly attract serious interest. Was well documented he attracted interest from Man Utd last year until he signed a new contract. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:19am

Knight is earning all merciful reviews off Derby fans basically the standout player now a poor Derby team so context needed but certainly one with normal luck again will play top flight football. Will he go to the very top I wouldn’t like to say yet but he has potential. 

O’Shea impressing mad at West Brom and again looks likely to be a top flight level player at the very least even if it’s only a bottom 6 PL level player. Hopefully he stays fit and can continue getting games this year for them.  

I just think Collins is something out of the ordinary really rate him hate overhyping lads but he has me hook line and sinker. I’m happy to look like an idiot if he doesn’t live up to the hype I have given him. 😂

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Dec 2020 at 2:21am
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:28am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Trap or MON would have loved him as a right back. He’s a big solid lad. I don’t know if he has the attacking mobility to prosper as a full back but he certainly has the physical attributes to be a good centre half. 

I think he’s almost certainly a CB long term. Mind like O’Shea playing as a full back is a cracking education for him has to prove/improve his ball playing qualities. No harm at all and proves versatility something that’s important in for a defender in the modern game.

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Dec 2020 at 2:29am
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 4:29am

Knight is earning all merciful reviews off Derby fans basically the standout player now a poor Derby team so context needed but certainly one with normal luck again will play top flight football. Will he go to the very top I wouldn’t like to say yet but he has potential. 

Not sure where you are getting this opinion from. Knight's performances this season seem to have deteriorated with those of Derby as a whole. He doesn't seem to get good reviews in media, has scored once and no assists all season, on football ratings sites like whoscored and sofascore he has been one of their worse regular players this season in one of the worst teams in the championship, and from my limited observations of him in action he hasn't done much to impress. 
Objectively I'm not sure you could say he's having a good season in any respect. Given Hourihane's performances for Ireland though I'd definitely still consider him as a starting option for next campaign given the poverty of alternatives.
O'Shea and to an extent Collins though have been the most encouraging developers of the new crop this season so at least central defensive solidity should be continuing a while to come.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Not sure where you are getting this opinion from. Knight's performances this season seem to have deteriorated with those of Derby as a whole. He doesn't seem to get good reviews in media, has scored once and no assists all season, on football ratings sites like whoscored and sofascore he has been one of their worse regular players this season in one of the worst teams in the championship, and from my limited observations of him in action he hasn't done much to impress. 
Objectively I'm not sure you could say he's having a good season in any respect. Given Hourihane's performances for Ireland though I'd definitely still consider him as a starting option for next campaign given the poverty of alternatives.
O'Shea and to an extent Collins though have been the most encouraging developers of the new crop this season so at least central defensive solidity should be continuing a while to come.

Heh. I've looked at Derby player ratings on the Derby Telegraph all through the season and Knight has consistently got good reviews and been rated as one of their best players. I also notice that he's never substituted.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

I think he’s almost certainly a CB long term. Mind like O’Shea playing as a full back is a cracking education for him has to prove/improve his ball playing qualities. No harm at all and proves versatility something that’s important in for a defender in the modern game.

Good stuff, Kevin100. I've enjoyed your versatile, enthusiastic and consistently optimistic posts this year. Happy Christmas - and regards to that mate of yours in Brighton!

Versatile can be good or bad can’t it. 👀👀 

I try to be optimistic it appears I probably cross the line to deluded at times. 

Same to you (he doesn’t rate Connolly at all btw) 

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Dec 2020 at 12:35pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

I haven’t read any media reviews but going by social media he is rated very highly. Hotlips Hoolahan alluded to the Derby Telegraph I can’t imagine he’s getting poor reviews surely?

A poor team and I wouldn’t attempt to argue with it Derby’s season has been a mess although they have improved slightly in recent weeks.

O’Shea Collins and Kelleher possibly have been the 3 agreed with Knight the other to my eyes but doctors differ.

Edited by kevin100 - 24 Dec 2020 at 12:49pm
DR.HUGO View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DR.HUGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 9:27pm
Collins has already been Captain for Stoke under the previous management....appears to have a hot head as there’s been a few red cards...but the lad is very very highly rated...great for us.Smile
NewtNewbie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Dec 2020 at 12:31am
Originally posted by DR.HUGO DR.HUGO wrote:

Collins has already been Captain for Stoke under the previous management....appears to have a hot head as there’s been a few red cards...but the lad is very very highly rated...great for us.Smile

He looks to be a fantastic prospect. Needs to be in the senior panel sooner rather than later. 
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:02pm
The panel were full of praise for Nathan on Quest TV tonight.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2020 at 10:06pm
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

The panel were full of praise for Nathan on Quest TV tonight.

9 clean sheets in 14 league games. 12 clean sheets in 18 games overall. 7 clean sheets in his last 8 league games complimented by fine goals against Norwich and Middlesbrough.

Great to see.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 97>
  Share Topic