You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 97>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Looked to have had a very good game, only minor thing I could fault him on (and he wasn't the only one) was for "foul" in the box before the second goal. Burnley players were too busy looking at the ref shouting and having their hands for the call rather than playing to the whistle. Perhaps himself and Tarkowski could have been better positioned to block the shot had they been more focused.
You are being extremely harsh there

Not really, I said "minor" and I didn't specifically single him out for it.

If he done similar for Ireland in a qualifier there would be uproar.

Im sure Dyche probably gave them an earful for it. You cant lose focus like that in the Premier League.

Sponsored Links

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2021 at 11:06am

4. Nathan Collins 8

Outstanding. Learning on the job, but what an impression he's made. Built in a similar mould to Tarkowski and Michael Keane. Strong in the air, very rarely beaten with the ball on the deck and made a number of exceptional interventions, including one to stop Foden in his tracks.

longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 7:09pm
Had another good game for Burnley today in an away draw at Southampton. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:25am
Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

I had such a bad stream it would be hard to give any verdict on him yesterday . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by longford claret longford claret wrote:

I had such a bad stream it would be hard to give any verdict on him yesterday . 
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:49am
Up the clarets forum giving him great reviews.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:03pm
Partners Ben Mee in defence tonight. Interesting to see if he keeps his place in the starting XI come the weekend.
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by J89 J89 wrote:

Partners Ben Mee in defence tonight. Interesting to see if he keeps his place in the starting XI come the weekend.

Tarkowski had a mixed game last weekend too, he got caught awful for their first goal but then made a few vital blocks and clearances later in the game. Will be interesting alright.

Will be more interesting next month if hes still playing and Omobamidele isnt.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 2021 at 7:57pm

Tarkowski had a mixed game last weekend too, he got caught awful for their first goal but then made a few vital blocks and clearances later in the game. Will be interesting alright.

I would love to be wrong but Mee and Tarkowski will almost certainly be back in the fold unless Mee is a bombscare tonight or does something completely daft that changes the managers mind. They are first choice. Collins has had 6 games already and will get a share more between Cups and the other two being suspended/injured etc. 

15 games would be great for his development especially in the PL this season. He will almost certainly take the keys to the office off Tarkowski when he inevitably leaves next summer. Would love to be wrong and plenty Burnley fans are calling for Collins to be playing every week a massive compliment to him.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I would love to be wrong but Mee and Tarkowski will almost certainly be back in the fold unless Mee is a bombscare tonight or does something completely daft that changes the managers mind. They are first choice. Collins has had 6 games already and will get a share more between Cups and the other two being suspended/injured etc. 

15 games would be great for his development especially in the PL this season. He will almost certainly take the keys to the office off Tarkowski when he inevitably leaves next summer. Would love to be wrong and plenty Burnley fans are calling for Collins to be playing every week a massive compliment to him.
Bang on Kev , now not looked but i would say he was Burnley's MOTM last night . The fans have taken to him but like you say i would be shocked if Traks and Mee do not line up on Saturday .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2021 at 2:06pm
As many expected back on the bench today with Mee back fit.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 2:40pm
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 3:24pm
Seems to have all the attributes - physically very strong for his age but also very good technically. One of our very best young prospects without a doubt.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 4:23pm
Hopefully Tarkowski leaves in January as this lad is too good to be sitting on the bench. Kenny has a decision to make on who partners Duffy and Egan next week. Stick with Omobamidele whose played the last few internationals or Collins whose really impressed the last few weeks with Mee out.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 4:45pm
I think he has to stick with Omobamidele for these games but longer term there are going to be some tough calls to make. You can make a case for any out of Duffy, Egan, O'Shea, Collins or Omobamidele to play but when they're all fit and available at least two of them will have to miss out (or be shoehorned in out of position).
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 4:52pm
Collins did well as a right back for Stoke last season so that’s also an option going forward  . Very comfortable on the ball 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2021 at 5:14pm
Collins did well for Stoke at RB. RWB I don't know. Think Collins or O'Shea would be massively comfortable playing as a sitting midfielder. If we don't have the quality of CM coming through that has to be an option.
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:40pm
Nathan should be in  for Burnley's next game, v Tottenham , as James Tarkowski will be suspended. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 97>
  Share Topic