You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Tarkowski seems to be near the top of the Newcastle signing list for January, which should see Collins come into the Burnley first team on a more regular basis. 

Newcastle's sudden wealth does increase the likelihood of Burnley being relegated though, as it will take one of their main relegation rivals out of the picture completely.
I have more chance of playing for Newcastle than Tarkowski. Don’t think plodders like him will be on their list.
Sponsored Links

You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Tarkowski seems to be near the top of the Newcastle signing list for January, which should see Collins come into the Burnley first team on a more regular basis. 

Newcastle's sudden wealth does increase the likelihood of Burnley being relegated though, as it will take one of their main relegation rivals out of the picture completely.
I have more chance of playing for Newcastle than Tarkowski. Don’t think plodders like him will be on their list.

Whether Tarkowski moves there or not you're almost certainly wrong with your general point. Mbappe and Virgil and the likes won't be heading there any time soon, they will have to build their way up first with lesser signings, just like Man City had to.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2021 at 8:06pm

Whether Tarkowski moves there or not you're almost certainly wrong with your general point. Mbappe and Virgil and the likes won't be heading there any time soon, they will have to build their way up first with lesser signings, just like Man City had to.

Tarks will go to Leicester , book make this for January 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:49pm
Mee out with Covid for the weekend at least, looks like Collins will get another start, good times!
Idah Dream!
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by John Nice John Nice wrote:

Mee out with Covid for the weekend at least, looks like Collins will get another start, good times!

Collins and Kelleher likely, Hendrick with an outside chance. 

Things are looking up!

Now if only Seamus wasn't still injured.

Edited by Hotlips_Hoolahan - 14 Oct 2021 at 8:45pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:01am

Now this will be the acid test as City away is not a game i am looking forward to watching .
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Things are looking up!

Seamus fit again as per Rafa
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 5:46pm

Things are looking up!

Che Adams out this weekend so Shane Long is bumped up the pecking order, while down in the Championship Michael Obafemi is fit again for Swansea.

Could be a decent weekend in terms of Irish players starting and getting off the bench, fingers crossed.
John Nice View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:12pm

Things are looking up!

Che Adams out this weekend so Shane Long is bumped up the pecking order, while down in the Championship Michael Obafemi is fit again for Swansea.

Could be a decent weekend in terms of Irish players starting and getting off the bench, fingers crossed.
Smallbone reportedly could be involved in Southampton's match day squad with Ward-Prowse suspended. Welbeck out for 3 months, so game time for Connolly looking possible too.
Idah Dream!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 12:06pm
Saw a picture of him standing either side of Parrott and Idah on Kenny's Kids.

Parrott and Idah are tall lads and Collins makes them look like children.

This lad's going to be a beast for us.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 3:01pm
good test for him against city today.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 7:13pm

good test for him against city today.
To be honest he did well and was close to the MOTM but i would give it to Traks on the Burnley side  . I would say he really didn't know what was coming at him as City were really good . These are the games which will make or brake him and what i have seen so far he will go and play at the top level for a long time  . Clap
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 9:18pm
by all accounts he done well, but you know better than anyone that while mee and tarkowski are there his appearances will be when either is unavailable. 
Frabhoy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frabhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2021 at 11:40pm
Collins and Kelleher might work their way into the manager's plans for Portugal after this weekend.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 12:19am
if anyone if facing up against Man City and doesn’t know what it coming then they are quite clearly f**ked Murph
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:07am
Looked to have had a very good game, only minor thing I could fault him on (and he wasn't the only one) was for "foul" in the box before the second goal. Burnley players were too busy looking at the ref shouting and having their hands for the call rather than playing to the whistle. Perhaps himself and Tarkowski could have been better positioned to block the shot had they been more focused.
Liam Green View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Liam Green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 1:12am
Nathan always looked impressive for Stoke last year anytime I saw him play. I saw parts of the game today against City and he looked really comfortable and composed even against that level of opposition. I won’t be surprised if he makes it with one of the really big teams eventually 
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2021 at 10:10am
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Looked to have had a very good game, only minor thing I could fault him on (and he wasn't the only one) was for "foul" in the box before the second goal. Burnley players were too busy looking at the ref shouting and having their hands for the call rather than playing to the whistle. Perhaps himself and Tarkowski could have been better positioned to block the shot had they been more focused.
You are being extremely harsh there
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 97>
  Share Topic