You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nathan Collins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 97>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

McGuinness is in a tough situation. Very good player but in a position where we have a lot of depth with O’Shea, Omobamidele, and Collins in the same age group. It would be great if one of these kids could step forward into midfield 

I'd much rather every player, whether it's defender, midfielder or attacker, better themselves to the point that they can't be left out from their specific position. Will only be good for the individual, for competition within the team and the overall team itself.
Sponsored Links

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

McGuinness is in a tough situation. Very good player but in a position where we have a lot of depth with O’Shea, Omobamidele, and Collins in the same age group. It would be great if one of these kids could step forward into midfield 

I'd much rather every player, whether it's defender, midfielder or attacker, better themselves to the point that they can't be left out from their specific position. Will only be good for the individual, for competition within the team and the overall team itself.

Yeah, I agree with you really. Just daydreaming about the emergence of the new Paul McGrath Sleepy
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 4:56pm

Yeah, I agree with you really. Just daydreaming about the emergence of the new Paul McGrath Sleepy

Of course but the hope is for me with particularly the midfield and attacking talent in the 03,04,05 born groups is that will start to see us get some proper depth in the next 5/6 years in those positions also. Early days and they are kids plenty things can change but an awful lot of quality general midfield and attacking talent in those age groups.

Edited by kevin100 - 07 Jun 2021 at 4:56pm
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Hes one of those player that just looks head and shoulders above everyone else in his age group.

He'll likely be a senior player this year at the moment oshea is ahead of him but also has a few years on him.

With Egan and oshea looking the preferred partnership at the moment and with Collins, mcguinness and omobamidele taking great steps. it looks like we'll have the centre back position covered very well.

So goalkeepers (kelleher, bazunu, Travers) I'd say we're looking good in this area.

Centre backs - well covered in this area.

Fullbacks - no real stand out potential coming through as yet, manning deserves a chance. But Doherty abs Coleman won't last forever.

Centre midfield - biggest area of concern in my opinion. Currently hourihane and hendrick most senior but haven't performed. Molumby and Cullen look like they may be good players. Knight looks the strongest prospect by a long way at this point.

Forwards - Robinson and connolly look good. Parrott was very good vs Andorra and we don't ever get a teenager scoring a couple of goals in senior games (friendly against minnows being a caveat but still....) hopefully idah can kick on too.

Midfield is a very interesting one. Would it be fair to say Smallbone Hodge Coventry Connell Watson and Johannson are the 5 to watch as regards where they go next year on loan or finding there way into the first team of their respective clubs. I didn’t include Devoy Finn Grant etc as they are attacking midfielders 
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:06pm
They don't grow on trees but we badly need a playmaker to come to the fore. So many of our midfielders are by and large interchangeable. We have no (proven) midfielder that fundamentally shifts tempo and style when he's on the pitch.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:10pm

They don't grow on trees but we badly need a playmaker to come to the fore. So many of our midfielders are by and large interchangeable. We have no (proven) midfielder that fundamentally shifts tempo and style when he's on the pitch.

There’s a few really promising ones Andrew Moran chief of them coming through but it will take a few years for them to really brake through he’s not 18 until the end of the year. Szmodics is an interesting declaration in that regard and Parrott is one that has the ability to play as a 10 too they could be the best prospects with a view to the next few years. 

Edited by kevin100 - 07 Jun 2021 at 5:11pm
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:14pm
I think we can have a few good midfielders with molumby, knight, Cullen, smallbone and a good few others.

What we actually need is at least one excellent player, doesn't have to be a world star like Roy Keane but needs to be a very good premier league quality midfielder. Sadly grealish and Rice would have been ideal.

My point being we've had a good few average midfielders like whelan, hendrick, mccarthy, etc. But what we need is that one stand out player thsn can turn a game.
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

For all the talk about our strikers he's our best underage talent. I think he probably will go and that 15m might be negotiable downwards a little, as Stoke have been paying EPL wages in the Championship to some players and need to balance the books.

I think wherever he goes he's good enough that he will get a decent amount of playing time. Leicester might be a good balance between a team higher up the table and also one where he will also play.a reasonable amount in the short term. Evans, for instance, seems to be becoming more injury prone and is well into his 30s now.

Anything over £13m would be a new record transfer fee for an Irish player under 21.

Leicester would be a great move for him. Basically he would be signed as a replacement for Morgan who’s retiring. Even as 4th choice behind Evans Souncou Fofana with them in Europa and often playing 3 at the back he would get plenty gametime. 
turbo10 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turbo10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 6:33pm
He's still very young, only 16, but Kevin Zefi could be the playmaker we need. Brilliant technical ability. Playing for 'Rovers 2' last year in the LOI first division he looked at class act. Interesting to see how he develops at Inter. Our next Wes hopefully.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

He's still very young, only 16, but Kevin Zefi could be the playmaker we need. Brilliant technical ability. Playing for 'Rovers 2' last year in the LOI first division he looked at class act. Interesting to see how he develops at Inter. Our next Wes hopefully.

Evan Ferguson and calum mcloughlin seem to be the one I think look amazing prospects. I wouldn't be surprised if they considered one of the best players in their age groups.
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 7:21pm
Kilkenny on his full debut for Bournmouth looked very good in the no10 role got MOTM surprised he didnt get much game time  after it tbh.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:02pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

Kilkenny on his full debut for Bournmouth looked very good in the no10 role got MOTM surprised he didnt get much game time  after it tbh.

Strange one, Kilkenny. I was not impressed in the latest round of U21 internationals and he is often pushed out on the right instead of playing through the middle, which I think is his preference. 

Back on Collins, he seems to have a remarkably wide skill set while also being a giant at 6 ft 4. I think he could do well at an Arsenal
Or Leicester — especially under current management 
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by turbo10 turbo10 wrote:

Evan Ferguson and calum mcloughlin seem to be the one I think look amazing prospects. I wouldn't be surprised if they considered one of the best players in their age groups.

Andrew Moran also, Finn at Getafe hopefully, Zak Gilsenan at Blackburn if he comes to us would be specifically a creative midfielder too. As stated that age group band 03,04,05 seems littered with top young attacking prospects which we need as the more you have the more likely you get a few properly kick on and make themselves real decent footballers.  
JoxerDaly View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoxerDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 9:34pm
From the u19s Josh Ireland looks the most creative imo from what ive seen. 
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by JoxerDaly JoxerDaly wrote:

From the u19s Josh Ireland looks the most creative imo from what ive seen. 

More creative then Andrew Moran 11 goals and 13 assists in 27 games underage for Brighton this year? I’d have Moran ahead he looks a talent.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 12:23am
£12m bid from Burnley set to be accepted according to Alan Nixon in The Sun.
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 1:08pm
I think it was an increased bid that is likely to be accepted. Should be a good move for him. Tarkowski will surely leave as he is going into the last year of his contract and Nathan is more likely to get into the first team early there than at other interested clubs such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester. Not so good news for Jimmy Dunne, although he has been offered a new contract, or Kevin Long, though he seems to be okay with a role as a back-up. Burnley have been looking at other centre backs, though, so there may be another signing or two.

Edited by Green Cockade - 11 Jun 2021 at 1:08pm
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

I think it was an increased bid that is likely to be accepted. Should be a good move for him. Tarkowski will surely leave as he is going into the last year of his contract and Nathan is more likely to get into the first team early there than at other interested clubs such as Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Leicester. Not so good news for Jimmy Dunne, although he has been offered a new contract, or Kevin Long, though he seems to be okay with a role as a back-up. Burnley have been looking at other centre backs, though, so there may be another signing or two.

Yep you are very much on the money GC , Tarks will go and Dunne also the new owners are talking about bring in a few players so those that leave will be replaced .
Lots of Talk about Dyche and his new contract which could be somewhere double of his last one again just talk but the owners see him as the main man at the club and i think they are right .

I would say they will go for Knight again as well just a hunch .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 97>
  Share Topic