You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Nasal septum deviation'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Nasal septum deviation'
    Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 4:56am

Think that's what I have after that attack at Oxegen. Can only breath fully out of one nostril and it is nearly two weeks now and all the swelling and bruising is gone although the nose still feels weak on the bridge, wouldn't like to get a bang there for awhile. Can't notice it from the outside but bit annoying when I can feel a little bend inside me nose and can't breath through both nostrils! Looking round the net you would need to get a minor proceedure to fix. not sure if it worth it

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Jul 2009 at 4:56am
totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 4:59am
was talking to one of the lads in here in work who used to play for france under 21 rugby team, and he was saying that he broke his nose 5 times, and after the 4th time he went to go see the doctor, and the doctor told him he would only be able to breathe in 20% through one of his nostrils.

Probably best to see the doctor to see what exactly happened, and if there's anything they can do, minor fix would be to break it again, and set it correctly.

trapsflipflop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapsflipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:08am
friend of mine got his broken years ago never went to doc and he suffers with the breathing and is constantly sniffing to clear it, it is a nightmare for him and us to listen to him! he went to doc and they said he needs op to re set it, so if i was you i would get it seen to
The game is about
Being effective
Being aggressive
Winning the ball
Getting it on with the play
We'll Put 'em Under Pressure

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:28am
reason i didn't go last week was the money. You better off going to an A  & E or what? Wouldn't like to sit there for hours over it!
trapsflipflop View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapsflipflop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:33am

not too sure if you go to gp and get letter for hospital do you still have to pay hospital fee, find out first

The game is about
Being effective
Being aggressive
Winning the ball
Getting it on with the play
We'll Put 'em Under Pressure

totti View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote totti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 5:33am
If you have VHI cover you'd well be best going to one of their walk in clinics.
Failing that I'd go to a local doctor who'd give you a refferal to another person, or give you a note to give the people in A&E that you don't have to pay the 100 euro fee for non emergency procedures.
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:40am
So it is confirmed that you are a DEVIANT Andy........hardly Newsworthy Wink
Babysis View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Babysis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 6:51am
Originally posted by totti totti wrote:

If you have VHI cover you'd well be best going to one of their walk in clinics.
Failing that I'd go to a local doctor who'd give you a refferal to another person, or give you a note to give the people in A&E that you don't have to pay the 100 euro fee for non emergency procedures.

You would be better off having a note from your GP if you are heading to A&E. Also try and pick a time when its quieter - During the day and not a weekend. Oh and a tip I learnt, try and avoid the day after a knacker wedding or you will get stuck like I did with 40 of them for 4 hours sat in A&E while they scream abuse at each other OuchThumbs%20Down 

And no Sligo Hornet I was not part of the wedding, I was there getting my ankle x rayed.Wink
First Commander-Galway Regatta
Gouldinho09 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:03am

andy get yourself to your doctor and he will refer you to the eye and ear hospital. Its the exact same thing that happened to me last month. Your nose is infected and you are getting no blood supply to the bottom of your nose. Its more serious than you think. The infection is close to your brain. Have you been getting hot and cold flushes?

I waited unitl i looked like this until i went bothered going to the doctor

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 22 Jul 2009 at 7:04am

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:06am
Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:12am
i now look like a young tom cruise again

The eye and ear hospital is not open during the weekend so i would advise you to get out there before the weekend before you end up looking and feeling the way i did

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:13am

ha it's not that bad. It is just the part in the middle has been very slightly punched into one direction  in the middle then it curves back in so on the outside there looks like no change, just the inside i can feel the curve.

I have never had to claim off VHI before. Can i just do it all myself and pay for it then claim off the VHI?

Edited by t_rAndy - 22 Jul 2009 at 7:15am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gouldinho09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

ha it's not that bad. It is just the part in the middle has been very slightly punched into one direction  in the middle then it curves back in so on the outside there looks like no change, just the inside i can feel the curve.

I have never had to claim off VHI before. Can i just do it all myself and pay for it then claim off the VHI?

Bring your VHI card with you and the people in the hospital will tell you what to do

Edited by Gouldinho09 - 22 Jul 2009 at 7:19am

The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 7:25am
Originally posted by BigPodge BigPodge wrote:

Originally posted by Gouldinho09 Gouldinho09 wrote:

LOLLOLLOL
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 1:50pm
is that a premiersh*t jersey on you gouldy? or is it tony adams in the pic?
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2009 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

is that a premiersh*t jersey on you gouldy? or is it tony adams in the pic?

ArsenalLOL
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 2009 at 2:49am
Was that photo taken after the op?Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic